Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Went to change a side-light bulb in the Space Wagon today and what a mess that turned out to be!! :rolleyes: Had to remove the battery and disassemble the airbox and all connecting parts and then found it was a torx-head screw! :mad: Got it out anyway, replaced the bulb, put everything back together, connected the battery...and nothing. New bulb not working! WTF!!?? Had to take it all back off again and have a look. Got it sorted anyway and everything back together. Fucking 90 minutes to replace a tiny bulb!! Pain in the hole!! :o

It's a load of bollocks the way they do that, to try to make you go back to the dealers to get the bulb changed!!!
    I found with my fiesta, the driver side headlight, you can't change it easily, but if you take the screw that holds the coolant tank in place, and hoist it up and out a bit, you can get in at the back of the light... Pain in the arse though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Cocktails! Yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Eating nothing is the worst thing to do.
    Eats away at your energy.

I'm at herselfs mam house and I'm turning a whole pig on a spit.
    Another hour left and il be swallowing at least half that pig :)

I know not eating is bad. Managed breakfast today, but that's all. Going to my gp in a few weeks if I don't cop on to myself, probablw need counselling again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My partner went to do his driving test today, the NCT is out by a week and we had booked it but the only date available was 16th Sept... thought if he brought the letter along we'd be fine... (same as if they Garda wave you on if you have it booked) but nope... not allowed out... €75 down the pan... I can understand why, but still stings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm back! Actually been back a few hours but was asleep. Surfing was class although I have no upper body strength so couldn't even slide up to my knees never mind get onto my feet. Body surfing/just arsing around was fun enough for me though. Friend I was with goes down there a good bit so I said to her this time next year I'll have the strength to do it properly. Bundoran is a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

It's a load of bollocks the way they do that, to try to make you go back to the dealers to get the bulb changed!!!
    I found with my fiesta, the driver side headlight, you can't change it easily, but if you take the screw that holds the coolant tank in place, and hoist it up and out a bit, you can get in at the back of the light... Pain in the arse though!

Yep, feckin smart arses!! Nah, I'm too stubborn, I'll hack away til I do it myself...or break something trying!! :D
    January wrote: »
    My partner went to do his driving test today, the NCT is out by a week and we had booked it but the only date available was 16th Sept... thought if he brought the letter along we'd be fine... (same as if they Garda wave you on if you have it booked) but nope... not allowed out... €75 down the pan... I can understand why, but still stings.

Yeah, feckin money racket!! The OH's licence expired and she has to do a test before she can get another one. And she can't go for the test as the car has no NCT and we don't have the money for a school car. So I've been slowly getting stuff done. Car hasn't had an NCT in 6 years, so there's a bit to do. :cool: But nearly there now. :pac:

On another note, herself os gone to a hen night in Mullingar, so I have a few cans, Lethal Weapon is on TCM +1, followed by Lethal Weapon 3...I'm set for the night. :)

Yep, feckin smart arses!! Nah, I'm too stubborn, I'll hack away til I do it myself...or break something trying!! :D

Yeah, feckin money racket!! The OH's licence expired and she has to do a test before she can get another one. And she can't go for the test as the car has no NCT and we don't have the money for a school car. So I've been slowly getting stuff done. Car hasn't had an NCT in 6 years, so there's a bit to do. :cool: But nearly there now. :pac:

On another note, herself os gone to a hen night in Mullingar, so I have a few cans, Lethal Weapon is on TCM +1, followed by Lethal Weapon 3...I'm set for the night. :)

Haha yeah there's a crack in the power steering fluid well in our car so we just keep topping it up with fluid... will have to sort something permanent out... anyone know if that's a big job?! I also crashed it last week... well when I say crashed it, I went to turn into a car park and didn't bring it forward enough so crashed into the wooden fence at the side of the road... fun times....

Hope the other half has fun at the hen night, enjoy your cans!

Haha yeah there's a crack in the power steering fluid well in our car so we just keep topping it up with fluid... will have to sort something permanent out... anyone know if that's a big job?!

Is it definitely a crack or is there a seal gone? If it's a seal, I came across this stuff today (which I need for my own car) and if there's a leaking seal (which I have) it will soften and expand the seal and then seal it completely. It's expensive at €14.00 for a 300ml can, but if it works, it's well worth it. If yours is cracked, then a replacement wouldn't be too expensive, as long as the problem is the reservoir and not the pump itself.
    I also crashed it last week... well when I say crashed it, I went to turn into a car park and didn't bring it forward enough so crashed into the wooden fence at the side of the road... fun times....

:rolleyes: FFS! :rolleyes: Hope you learned something! :pac: :pac:
    Hope the other half has fun at the hen night, enjoy your cans!

Ah I can't go too mad, three kids in bed, I won't be able to do much if I'm lying face down on the carpet in a pool of puke and piss! :cool: :pac: :pac:

Is it definitely a crack or is there a seal gone? If it's a seal, I came across this stuff today (which I need for my own car) and if there's a leaking seal (which I have) it will soften and expand the seal and then seal it completely. It's expensive at €14.00 for a 300ml can, but if it works, it's well worth it. If yours is cracked, then a replacement wouldn't be too expensive, as long as the problem is the reservoir and not the pump itself.

I think we tried that before... it wasn't a spray... more a tube type thing... will have a look for the spray... definitely a crack in the tank, himself got under to have a look.

:rolleyes: FFS! :rolleyes: Hope you learned something! :pac: :pac:

Lots... fecking big cars. :p

Ah I can't go too mad, three kids in bed, I won't be able to do much if I'm lying face down on the carpet in a pool of puke and piss! :cool: :pac: :pac:

Ah sure, what fun would that be anyway?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So as not to further derail the meanings thread.

Forgotten how awesome this song is. I'm such a child :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I decided not to post more of the lyrics to avoid dragging it too far off :pac: Some of the other theme songs were good enough, but nothing will beat the original.

Orim wrote: »
    So as not to further derail the meanings thread.

Forgotten how awesome this song is. I'm such a child :pac:

Being a bit of a child myself watching ferngully
    Havint seen it since I was a child but its on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MaI a ****ing locked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds like you had fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

MaI a ****ing locked.

I'm jealous. I had one bottle in the fridge. Just enough to make me really thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I didn't reslly judt in the locla with as few mates. consumed kots of alcohol thoigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Angron wrote: »
    What Pokémon are you getting?

The eeveelutions :D

Does that include the new one, Sylveon?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Does that include the new one, Sylveon?

Ha tbh I'm wondering whether or not to include her myself. Reckon I will though :)

• Advertisement

Ew, time to go to work. Someone come save me, please.

My four year old has asked me can she get her ears pierced again this morning, so I've spent the morning showing her youtube videos of little girls getting their ears pierced with both guns and needles. She says she doesn't want them done anymore!

My four year old has asked me can she get her ears pierced again this morning, so I've spent the morning showing her youtube videos of little girls getting their ears pierced with both guns and needles. She says she doesn't want them done anymore!

Any tips on how to get my little one to completely avoid listening to Justin beaver or wrong direction?

Any tips on how to get my little one to completely avoid listening to Justin beaver or wrong direction?

No... herself listens to One Direction too... wants to see them in concert next year :\ I feel your pain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

No... herself listens to One Direction too... wants to see them in concert next year :\ I feel your pain.

Put them in a locked room with nothing but Slayer playing over and over for a day or so and they`ll soon snap out of it.
    Optional to not feed them or let them use toilet facilities for the day or so.That`ll learn them to listen to **** music!!!!!

Thank god my dd has some taste left.Half of them Ive never heard of but at least it rock and metal...pierce the veil,sleeping with sirens.

Im trying to get her into Sepultura now but shes not budging (yet)

Had her interview today for the Tattoo place and shes starting in a couple of weeks. Might even be an apprenticeship in it for her if she sticks with it.

Sleeping with sirens are emo, not metal! :pac: the little sister loves them. I quite like their cover of ceelo green's song, forget you.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Put them in a locked room with nothing but Slayer playing over and over for a day or so and they`ll soon snap out of it.
    Optional to not feed them or let them use toilet facilities for the day or so.That`ll learn them to listen to **** music!!!!!

Thank god my dd has some taste left.Half of them Ive never heard of but at least it rock and metal...pierce the veil,sleeping with sirens.

Im trying to get her into Sepultura now but shes not budging (yet)

Had her interview today for the Tattoo place and shes starting in a couple of weeks. Might even be an apprenticeship in it for her if she sticks with it.

I love Sepultura's early stuff like Beneath the Remains and Schizophrenia.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I love Sepultura's early stuff like Beneath the Remains and Schizophrenia.

Beneath the Remains is a "classic" alright.

My all time favourite Sepultura track!!!

God the mosh in Fibbers used to be great to that before they put a stop to it and became all "PC"

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Sleeping with sirens are emo, not metal! :

Oooooh so sorry for the miscategorisation!!!

Still emos closer to metal than fooking one direction or that other muppet Bieber!!!!

FFS they had one direction in tescos in Maynooth last year and I couldn't even get into the place to buy my beer.Not a happy Hellrazer at all.

That would have been an ideal time for a spree killer to show up.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »

FFS they had one direction in tescos in Maynooth last year and I couldn't even get into the place to buy my beer.Not a happy Hellrazer at all.

That would have been an ideal time for a spree killer to show up.

So why did you not take advantage of the situation and dish out a hiding or two?? :pac:

Had an interesting one day...most of ye know I'm a debt collector part time (sort of) and there's nothing as annoying as someone disappearing on ya. I had a guy a few months back, borrowed €2500 and moved out of the house the next day. Haven't had a trace on him since. Anyhoo, collecting from someone today and I seen him. He was standing outside his "current address" talking to someone about a car that was in his driveway.

I asked my customer about him and she said he's a scumbag (which I knew already) but she was telling me the car in his driveway (a very nice black Mazda RX-8) is for sale....but it's a stolen car on fake Northern plates. He got a bogey logbook and advertised it on Done Deal. Apparently he was waiting on a buyer to come from Cork to collect it today. I figured as soon as the guy finds out he'd be back up with the cops, and she said this guy has been moving furniture out of the house all week, he's moving out of the house completely tomorrow.

What a fucking dick!! Some poor sod thinking he's getting a bargain RX-8 only to have it confiscated when he goes to re-register it! So I called the cops, told them what was going on and informed them that he moved the car from his driveway and parked it round the corner (in front of someone else's house). They just said "grand, leave it with us..." Chances are they won't do anything but I tried to stop a bloke getting stung and losing out on money...my conscience is clear. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement