Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Angron wrote: »
    Wow, that's actually a little scary.

She's been reported, don't worry. I couldn't sit back and watch that.

Every single young mother I know has separated with the father, brings home men after nights out (great stability for the child :rolleyes: ), lives on the dole (not that I hate people on the dole), hits their kids and can't feed them.

Actually, I lie. I know one girl, same age as me. She had her kid when she was 18. She's still with the father and the kid is well educated, intelligent and very well looked after.

But that's one out of about 20 I know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Kids meh.

Each to there own and whatever makes people happy is the main thing but I'm so glad I have none. I look at people who have them and think god I couldn't be arsed dealing with that right now.

In time yes maybe, but right now I love being able to do my own thing.

Most people I know with kids are stressed sleep deprived and a lot of the time look on in envy of those who don't and the freedom it affords them.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Um, call the ISPCC Lyn!!

Posted before I saw your post! She's already been reported, don't worry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I can't really see myself having kids. My own crap with my father has made me kinda iffy on the whole area. Maybe it'll change down the line, who knows.

Kids meh.

Each to there own and whatever makes people happy is the main thing but I'm so glad I have none. I look at people who have them and think god I couldn't be arsed dealing with that right now.

In time yes maybe, but right now I love being able to do my own thing.

Most people I know with kids are stressed sleep deprived and a lot of the time look on in envy of those who don't and the freedom it affords them.

Lads, remember that time I told Marty to impregnate me?

That's why we stopped dating. :pac: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nothing wrong with starting a family young if you're able (financially, emotionally and mentally) to make sure the kid gets the best tbh

Congrats January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Um, can I be slightly rude perhaps.

How could he not know you were pregnant?

He knew I was pregnant, we discussed baby names, we discussed how we were going to cope... I never took a pregnancy test and never actually said to him "I'm pregnant". Not once. Crazy to believe, I know, and crazy to think back on... I had social workers and the like visit me in hospital, said it's more common than you'd ever think. I was asked more than once in the hospital if he was abusing me, most prominently when I asked for pain relief and I was crying and they asked was it because he was hitting me and didn't want the baby, eh no, it's because I'm in pain and want a fecking epidural thanks...
    Did you not really show for the third? It's hard to picture keeping it secret for that long really.
    I'm big... not huge... but big... I've never looked "pregnant", those neat little bumps, everyone doesn't get them... People thought I was about 4/5 months at the latest...
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest, I've never seen any of the teenage pregnancies in my area turn out well. In every case I've seen, the kids are treated like dirt. One girl I was friends with up til very recently, has a 2 and a half year old. She can't say more than 5 words. She's not toilet trained. Mammy hits her so much that when she wants something, she hits anyone around her. Mammy can't cook, so she only feeds the kid microwave meals and bottles of milk. What made me cut contact with the mother was when she kicked her child so hard in the back that the kid fell flat on her face onto a tiled floor.

I don't see why you should be scared to tell anyone if you're pregnant. Your relationship is solid, so celebrate your pregnancies, because you come across as a great mother. :)

My 3 and a half year old wasn't trained until two weeks ago, she has a speech delay (was assessed in full on Friday, her speech is fine, it's her language and communication that's delayed but she has Sensory Processing Disorder too). I really feel for kids that don't have a loving and secure environment... poor kid.

I'm unsure on kids.

I don't have much of a chance of having them naturally anyway (I have a teeny chance of conceiving naturally and carrying to term), but I don't even know if I want them anyway.

I pretty much raised my younger sisters due to my mam's disabilities, so I feel like I've done my child rearing. I missed out on my own childhood, so don't want to miss my adult freedom, too.

That said, I'm great with kids and go gooey eyed for babies. I'll probably end up having an accident or something. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh right, fair enough then.

I think my favourite pregnancy story is when my cousin had her kid. My mam called me, saying she had a girl, I replied: "She was pregnant?". I hadn't seen her in months, and nobody had told me she was pregnant in the first place :pac:

January wrote: »

My 3 and a half year old wasn't trained until two weeks ago, she has a speech delay (was assessed in full on Friday, her speech is fine, it's her language and communication that's delayed but she has Sensory Processing Disorder too). I really feel for kids that don't have a loving and secure environment... poor kid.

Jesus, the poor little thing. She's got you and your husband though, so she'll develop in her own time. :)

With the kid I mentioned, it's pure laziness. The child nurse said she's really intelligent, she's just not being raised properly. The mother doesn't speak to her or engage her at all, she literally plonks her in front of the TV and ignores her for the day, and has no interest in toilet training her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

January wrote: »
    He knew I was pregnant, we discussed baby names, we discussed how we were going to cope... I never took a pregnancy test and never actually said to him "I'm pregnant". Not once. Crazy to believe, I know, and crazy to think back on... I had social workers and the like visit me in hospital, said it's more common than you'd ever think. I was asked more than once in the hospital if he was abusing me, most prominently when I asked for pain relief and I was crying and they asked was it because he was hitting me and didn't want the baby, eh no, it's because I'm in pain and want a fecking epidural thanks...

What!!!

How in the name of God did they jump to this conclusion??

God love him in the waiting area!!

Yeah, I can't really see myself having kids. My own crap with my father has made me kinda iffy on the whole area. Maybe it'll change down the line, who knows.

Looking from the outside in?! Who's to say your experiences wouldn't lead you to be a great father if you've experienced a negative male influence in your life?

In non-pregnancy matters, I'm watching the first Pokémon movie again :D

That said, I'm great with kids and go gooey eyed for babies. I'll probably end up having an accident or something. :pac:

Can't say you weren't warned in advance Marty :pac:

Meeting the personal trainer tomorrow get measurements and photos hopefully me cutting back on the drink the last month will have paid off, has been nice not to be in a bundle on a Sunday :o.

Although I'll prob undo it all next month :pac:, spending a night in Galway with the lads and another night away the week before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Exactly, you can't just accept that you will be the same as your parents when you are an individual.

In non-pregnancy matters, I'm watching the first Pokémon movie again :D

Only seen the one Pokemon movie the one yehs all recommended for me and have to say I liked it. Don't know which one it was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh man, PokéMon is not my scene at all. Watch something more mature like professional wrestling. :)

Can't say you weren't warned in advance Marty :pac:

You didn't see my post a few minutes ago that mentioned we're not dating? We haven't been for quite a while. :pac:

So unless I ride him in his sleep, there'll be no accidents with him! :pac:

Only seen the one Pokemon movie the one yehs all recommended for me and have to say I liked it. Don't know which one it was :pac:

It was the first one. :)

• Advertisement

Gonna jump into bed now and watch the old Exorcist. I may be murdered should I check in again so will catch up properly tomorrow.

Night people's!

Oh man, PokéMon is not my scene at all. Watch something more mature like professional wrestling. :)
    I watched Smackdown yesterday :P

You didn't see my post a few minutes ago that mentioned we're not dating? We haven't been for quite a while. :pac:

So unless I ride him in his sleep, there'll be no accidents with him! :pac:

Yeahhhhhh, I picked that up as humour so def time I left this shin dig :o

Why did no one catch me up when I asked :o

Sorry if I touched any raw feelings with anyone. Hope two ye doing alright xx

Yeahhhhhh, I picked that up as humour so def time I left this shin dig :o

Why did no one catch me up when I asked :o

Sorry if I touched any raw feelings with anyone. Hope two ye doing alright xx

ahahaha, no raw feelings, we're both sound and still friends. :) Don't be worrying. :pac:

Good ;)

Bed I go.

Laters ;)

Seeya Foxy.

Sweet dreams. :)

ahahaha, no raw feelings, we're both sound and still friends. :) Don't be worrying. :pac:

Lies I hate you :P.

Lies I hate you :P.

Tbh you're like thrush - an annoying cunt. :p

• Advertisement

Tbh you're like thrush - an annoying cunt. :p

Sorry Angron im robbing this

tumblr_mkdnv1WFT01s9zd94o1_500.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement