Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P.K.M. wrote: »

Finished up the p/t job yesterday. :( But heard of a place up the road looking for loads of staff so emailed off my CV earlier. Fingers crossed.

Going to Walkinstown tomorrow (had to look it up on Google maps :rolleyes:) to collect a motorbike for a friend. It's her first bike, a nice white VFR400. So I'll have a bit of craic coming home on that. :D

Best of luck on the job PKM :).

:pac::pac: look up Walkinstown on Google maps just sounds so strange to me,don't ask me were Kinnegad is though :o.

Nice a mate of mine just bought his first bike a Honda CBR 250 it's in great condition. Makes me so tempted I love anything that goes fast :).

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Best of luck on the job PKM :).

:pac::pac: look up Walkinstown on Google maps just sounds so strange to me,don't ask me were Kinnegad is though :o.

Nice a mate of mine just bought his first bike a Honda CBR 250 it's in great condition. Makes me so tempted I love anything that goes fast :).

Cheers.

Yeah, it's mad. I'm a northsider, lived in Swords all my life, moved to Kinnegad about 4 years ago. I think I was in Tallaght once and at that, had to use a sat nav to get there! :pac: :pac: Kinnegad is near Mullingar mate.

Man after me own heart - if it's fast enough to scare ya, I love it. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Wow maths science would have me cross eyed. Struggled with it in school and was furious statistics was a subject in my first year at college. Scraped a pass by 1% :)

Are you hoping to get into games developement Angron or am I way off with that course?

Congrats fewtins on getting medicine. Very difficult to get into even with the points ;)
    Yeah, games dev is what I'd like to get into, though failing that any software dev type stuff wouldn't be to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just read PKM's post in the discussion thread -
    So far....

On my back -

Alien - 3 sittings (7 hours each)
    Chains and hooks pulling flesh - 1 sitting (5 hours)

Right arm horror sleeve -

Mike Myers - 1 sitting (6 hours)
    Chucky - 1 sitting (6 hours)
    Billy/Jigsaw -1 sitting (6 hours)
    Pennywise - 1 sitting (7 hours)
    Hannibal Lecter - 1 sitting (5/6 hours)
    Jason - 1 sitting (5 hours)
    Hellraiser/Freddy - 1 sitting (5 hours) *this was redoing and colouring the originals I had done many years ago so they would blend in with the work he's doing.

So 11 sittings and 67 hours (ish) so far. Still a fair bit to go... :cool:

And it got me curious to work out how long in total I've been under the needle. Using rough estimations on some of them, I added them up to 60 hours 45 minutes. I'm catching up on you PKM :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

After a rough calculation, I reckon I've been under the needle for about 20 hours, seems I've got a bit of catching up to do :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

9-10 hours here. LOADS of catching up to do! :pac:

Cheers.

Yeah, it's mad. I'm a northsider, lived in Swords all my life, moved to Kinnegad about 4 years ago. I think I was in Tallaght once and at that, had to use a sat nav to get there! :pac: :pac: Kinnegad is near Mullingar mate.

:pac: Yeh its crazy how many northsiders are in my job who literally until they started working there had never been to Tallaght and still wouldn't know there arse from there elbow if ya asked them anywhere in it, or could tell ya how to get to Clondalkin. Crazy to most Dubs from whichever side of the Lifffey there on the opposite side is a whole new world :pac:.

:pac: same here anything that get my adrenaline up I love, had my personal trainer in the car today got t0 a quiet stretch of road put the foot down he couldn't stop smiling with the power from the car, I think im already getting accustomed to it and want more power :pac:. Was on the back of a mates 600cc bike the other week and loved the pull off it.

On tattoo time i reckon I have spent so far about 45 hours so far and will be adding about another 4-6 hours before this month is up :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ordered chicken balls from the chinese and the chicken was pink :( Not a happy camper...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

January wrote: »
    Ordered chicken balls from the chinese and the chicken was pink :( Not a happy camper...

Ew! Did you send it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ew! Did you send it back?

Yeah they replaced the whole order and apologized profusely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Cheers.

Skated by Kinnegad over the weekend.. was on my way to Galway.... :)

So, it's official now, I'm a student again, albeit part time.... Have started a degree course in NUIG part time, for the next 4 years.. I must be cracked! :D

First day was Saturday, I was bricking it, but it was good, and enjoyable, I just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, with job, kids, and MAJOR commute 2-3 Saturdays a month... :)

Hope everyone is well?

AH, WHY don't you guys do the Nespresso pods? I got ALL excited there today, thought I wasn't gonna have to make a trip into town, boom, fuck you lady.... :(

January wrote: »
    Yeah they replaced the whole order and apologized profusely.

Well that was nice of them I suppose! Still, I personally would be put off from ordering from there again.
    Mylina wrote: »
    AH, WHY don't you guys do the Nespresso pods? I got ALL excited there today, thought I wasn't gonna have to make a trip into town, boom, fuck you lady.... :(

Because they don't want to sell them to anywhere else because they want to know how much stock is out there and to ensure the coffee is always fresh and not left sitting to go out of date. I'd say there's also a contract with BT's. You can order them online too. That answer your question? :P

Because they don't want to sell them to anywhere else because they want to know how much stock is out there and to ensure the coffee is always fresh and not left sitting to go out of date. I'd say there's also a contract with BT's. You can order them online too. That answer your question? :P

You smooth talking devil you.... ;)

I get the online thing, but I want ALLLLLL the pods,
    We had lunch in Cortinas today, it was yummy :)
    Shame you weren't about, miss your face :) x

You smooth talking devil you.... ;)

I get the online thing, but I want ALLLLLL the pods,
    We had lunch in Cortinas today, it was yummy :)
    Shame you weren't about, miss your face :) x

I was in no fit state to be seen in public today!

Cortinas is amazing. They do a lunch special which is €7.50 for their B52 burrito and it's delish. Buy anything nice?

I was in no fit state to be seen in public today!

Cortinas is amazing. They do a lunch special which is €7.50 for their B52 burrito and it's delish. Buy anything nice?

Nope.. I want boots, but am fussy.. very fecking fussy as it turns out! :pac:

Nope.. I want boots, but am fussy.. very fecking fussy as it turns out! :pac:

But they're just boots? :confused:

Sorry to interrupt but not a fan of Cortinas at all find it very meh at most find the food bland.

It's no Acapulco

Sorry to interrupt but not a fan of Cortinas at all find it very meh at most find the food bland.

It's no Acapulco

Oh there are nicer Mexican places but I think it's quite nice. Their wings are inedibly hot though.

It's no Acapulco

In fairness, I thought my food was nice (Pollo Negro, blackened chicken type dish) was yummy, but lacked a 'kick' iykwim?
    Now, tbf, I had my kids with me, so the lack of kick may have helped a bit iykwim?

Oh there are nicer Mexican places but I think it's quite nice. Their wings are inedibly hot though.

For wings I'm a fan of Elephant & Castle :).

• Advertisement

No wings are EVER inedibly hot! Blasphemy!

ahahaha, my dog is having a nightmare and keeps squeaking and twitching in her sleep. This is so fcuking cute. :)

In fairness, I thought my food was nice (Pollo Negro, blackened chicken type dish) was yummy, but lacked a 'kick' iykwim?
    Now, tbf, I had my kids with me, so the lack of kick may have helped a bit iykwim?

Go for their ghost chilli wings next time if you want a kick. You have to sign a waiver before they give them to you :pac:
    For wings I'm a fan of Elephant & Castle :).

Now I want Elephant and Castle wings :(

Go for their ghost chilli wings next time if you want a kick. You have to sign a waiver before they give them to you :pac:

Ghost chilli wings?

FCUK YEAH. Going there next time I get a day off work. :D I loooooooooooooove ghost chilli wings, haven't had them for a couple of years. :D

I understand why they make you sign a waiver, though. They blister your mouth to fook and make shít of your stomach (no pun intended!).

Am not THAT brave :D
    I don't like scary hot, but nicely, burny mouth is nice

Now I just want food :(, Elephant & Castle, Aussie BBQ, Counter something with a lot of meat yum yum.

Heading to the Dada Restaurant in a couple of weeks looking forward to it going to try this been hearing good things :)
    Seven hour slow Roasted lamb shoulder with Ras el Hanout spices & vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Now I just want food :(, Elephant & Castle, Aussie BBQ, Counter something with a lot of meat yum yum.

Heading to the Dada Restaurant in a couple of weeks looking forward to it going to try this been hearing good things :)
    Seven hour slow Roasted lamb shoulder with Ras el Hanout spices & vegetables.

Dada, now that's a quality restaurant. Tough to find meat that's any more tender than their lamb.

P_1 wrote: »
    Dada, now that's a quality restaurant. Tough to find meat that's any more tender than their lamb.

I sure as hell hope your right :), never been but it looks cool and if the food is as nice you say I'll be one happy camper.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ghost chilli wings?

FCUK YEAH. Going there next time I get a day off work. :D I loooooooooooooove ghost chilli wings, haven't had them for a couple of years. :D

I understand why they make you sign a waiver, though. They blister your mouth to fook and make shít of your stomach (no pun intended!).

You're a braver woman than I am! I would not like to experience the bowel movement the next day though :P

You're a braver woman than I am! I would not like to experience the bowel movement the next day though :P

Tbh going to the toilet was fine the next day, I just had insane stomach pains for a few days after it.

Completely worth it! :D

Then again, I douse most of the stuff I eat in sauce that I make from habaneros, so I'm used to hot food.

• Advertisement

Am not THAT brave :D
    I don't like scary hot, but nicely, burny mouth is nice

I like hot food to an extent. I like to be able to taste the food and not just have the mouth burnt off myself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement