Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Fcuking people texting me all fecking morning when I wanted a lie in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Once I passed the 100hr milestone I stopped counting :)

Somewhere around the 130 mark I think now, guessing at least another 50-60 hours or so left. Except for my left knee and big toes, all by Sean Venter. Who, as anyone that has been tattooed by him knows, is quite quick as well. So I think I'm doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

A total of 2hrs and 20mins tattoo time here!!

Feckin' hardcore I am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Bit late to the party, but I've been under the needle for about 9.5 - 10 hours so far. As soon as I book my next session on my half sleeve I'll be adding another 4 hours to that I'd say. Lots of catching up to do :p

Yeah about the same, will be around 20 hours by the end of next month though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've only around 15 hours :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Apparently Ami James (The fella from like La ink or Miami ink I think, he's been in Limerick guesting all week anyway) said on today fm that he's opening a shop in Cork, and apparently he was seen there in town today looking at places or something. Wants to have it open by end of September and he'll guest there now and again I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There was a thread posted a day or two ago with a link to a news article. Opening it with Ross Nagle.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057019683

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

fewtins wrote: »
    Apparently Ami James (The fella from like La ink or Miami ink I think, he's been in Limerick guesting all week anyway) said on today fm that he's opening a shop in Cork, and apparently he was seen there in town today looking at places or something. Wants to have it open by end of September and he'll guest there now and again I guess.

Ami always comes across as a complete knob to be honest.

Dear oh dear.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ami always comes across as a complete knob to be honest.

Don't they all?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

fewtins wrote: »
    Don't they all?

His work is fantastic I just don't like his fairly "aggressive" manner.

Think his aggressive manner stems from an image he feels he has to uphold. Fairly certain he mentioned in an episode that we went back to the holyland and worked in the Israeli army - fcukin idiot!! I know Israelis who struggled to GTFO of that and he willingly walked into it :rolleyes:

His stuff is good but still wouldn't class him as near as good as some of the artists floating around Europe. His supposed prices in Miami are outrageous too.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Think his aggressive manner stems from an image he feels he has to uphold. Fairly certain he mentioned in an episode that we went back to the holyland and worked in the Israeli army - fcukin idiot!! I know Israelis who struggled to GTFO of that and he willingly walked into it :rolleyes:

His stuff is good but still wouldn't class him as near as good as some of the artists floating around Europe. His supposed prices in Miami are outrageous too.

Went on holiday to Israel once and youre right. There is an image that young men in particular have to uphold.

It was actually really scary going into a Mcdonalds and seeing all these 17/18 year old kids sitting chatting like normal teenagers but carrying sub machine guns with them.

Not sure that it makes mandatory service look like that good a concept.

On another note isn't tattooing and having tattoos against Judaism??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Went on holiday to Israel once and youre right. There is an image that young men in particular have to uphold.

It was actually really scary going into a Mcdonalds and seeing all these 17/18 year old kids sitting chatting like normal teenagers but carrying sub machine guns with them.

Not sure that it makes mandatory service look like that good a concept.

Yes, AFAIK. Drew Barrymore is having all of hers lasered off because she converted to Judaism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think I remember an angry parent attempting a law suit against a studio in America over tattooing a Jewish child.

May have been on a TV show actually now that I think of it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Getting tattooed is meant to be outlawed in all three of the major religions as far as I know

Yeah but Only God can judge me.

Damn...

Indeed, they can't be seen to have any weakness.

The group of guys I knew were all lovely people though, it just took two years longer than the required service to get out of the army for some reason. None of them liked the service, we've all heard how hard the Israeli army is and seemingly it's worse.

So, I think Ami is a bit of a major knob for going into something like that willingly and supposedly doing so to look hard amongst the harder gang types in America. Wasn't he nearly taken in by a gang or just managed to get out of it :confused:

Eitherway, he's a bit hypocritical about going to Israeli to join that army to prove his heritage, and yet has himself covered head to toe in contradiction to his religion.

But then that's just me hating a little :).

I'm sure he's a lovely man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pretty bored with the songs on my phone so I wanna put some new ones on it. Any suggestions folks. Metal mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Jaysus I missed a lot!!!

Went in for a staff meet and greet today, lovely group of people. Can't wait to get stuck in and start teaching. I'm very excited. I can still mind the little fella too hopefully, which is fantastic, I'm really happy about that. I've been minding him for six months now and I've gotten really close to him.

In relation to the baby thread a bit back, I think it all depends on personal situations. I would love to have a load of kids, but it's not feasible at the moment, financially I am not ready, still have college to finish, himself is the same. It's not the right time and I would rather wait until I am. In saying that, there are people who make having a baby earlier than intended work for them. I think you have a fantastic attitude to it January and should be given a massive woohoo for doing what you do. You sound like a fantastic mother and do what's best for your babies.

On ink time, I'm about less than 4 hours?? Artist was quick for all three. Carnation will be about 2 hours but I'm also getting a small tattoo next week with my sister before she goes, not sure what size yet! Can't wait!! :D

• Advertisement

Pretty bored with the songs on my phone so I wanna put some new ones on it. Any suggestions folks. Metal mostly.

I've been listening to Parkway Drive recently, well worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I've been listening to Parkway Drive recently, well worth a try

worst live gig ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was thinkin of a bit more LoG, pantera, metallica etc

Arawn wrote: »
    worst live gig ever.

I missed the gig, surely you don't mean the band themselves though?? From what I've seen/heard and read online they're probably one of the best live bands going. Never, never liked the Academy for a metal gig. I even thought Lamb of God struggled there

Was thinkin of a bit more LoG, pantera, metallica etc

Throwdown are very underestimated in my opinion, good heavy Pantera like groove metal

I missed the gig, surely you don't mean the band themselves though?? From what I've seen/heard and read online they're probably one of the best live bands going. Never, never liked the Academy for a metal gig. I even thought Lamb of God struggled there

I mean the bands live gig I was at was ****ing terrible. I mean terrible.

Arawn wrote: »
    I mean the bands live gig I was at was ****ing terrible. I mean terrible.

I'd like to believe it was due to the Academy simply being ****. Any gig I've heard there has been iffy, good, but iffy nonetheless. I don't know why, but the sound isn't great. Could be the way the venue is set up, could simply be that it just isn't suitable for heavy metal. Still a shame though

I'd like to believe it was due to the Academy simply being ****. Any gig I've heard there has been iffy, good, but iffy nonetheless. I don't know why, but the sound isn't great. Could be the way the venue is set up, could simply be that it just isn't suitable for heavy metal. Still a shame though

I assure you it was the band, Log were ace in Academy, as were kerbdog and every other band

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Maybe you just don't like them??

In town training this week, it's strange having a choice of where to go for lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

FFS, I was supposed to be working late tonight and was looking forward to a lie on but just got a call from a panicked manager to come in as there's no one to do training for new starters. Oh well, at least I'll finish early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement