Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Getting tired of working on my own now =/

How's everyone this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I just got an unexpected cheque from Revenue about five minutes ago. Woo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kellief, thank you so much! That's such a lovely comment to wake up to :D

I'm still waiting on my stupid post man to bring my letter from yesterday... Enjoy your money eSO :P

January wrote: »
    kellief, thank you so much! That's such a lovely comment to wake up to :D

I'm still waiting on my stupid post man to bring my letter from yesterday... Enjoy your money eSO :P

I'm trying to be sensible and put it away into my holiday savings (because I ended up spending my holiday money on medical bills and now only have 30 euro saved for a holiday that's happening in 7 weeks :pac: ), but 90% of my brain is screaming at me to get a tattoo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

You are welcome january :)

My sister climbed into my bed about 2 hours ago and just passed out. She's still unconscious and is not having any of it when I try wake her up!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Kick in the gee should wake her up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

This new job is pretty cool.
    Load of prizes every week for certain amount of sales and all.
    Trips away etc
    People are pretty cool too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This new job is pretty cool.
    Load of prizes every week for certain amount of sales and all.
    Trips away etc
    People are pretty cool too

Tempted to see if you work for the same company as me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's good dodderangler!

Wish this cold would feck off... sick of feeling snuffly and headachey...

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Tempted to see if you work for the same company as me!

Possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Decided to service the bike today, did the oil and filters, took off the coils and cleaned them up, cleaned the connections etc. and then went to change the plugs. Taking out the first plug.....it broke in the head. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: The simplest job of all turns out to be the biggest feckin' nightmare!!! The whole engine has to come out now and be taken apart! :(

Jenizzle oh my god!!!!! That gave me a much needed laugh!

Feeling pants, migraine will not fuvk off for near 3 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Ah team america. Foocking classic :')

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Decided to service the bike today, did the oil and filters, took off the coils and cleaned them up, cleaned the connections etc. and then went to change the plugs. Taking out the first plug.....it broke in the head. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: The simplest job of all turns out to be the biggest feckin' nightmare!!! The whole engine has to come out now and be taken apart! :(

Try this.Happened me before in a coupe.Get a fairly big flat head screwdriver and a hammer.Hammer the screwdriver down into the stuck plugs.Try loosen with a vice grips around the shaft of the screwdriver.I managed to get 2 broken plugs out of a head this way.You've nothing to lose trying it since the head will have to come Off anyway if u don't get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just fired off my CV for the new coffee shop opening in my town. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

Good luck, Adi. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Good luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good luck Adiboo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

G'Luck Adi.

Anyone about? Works going well. Getting a decent opportunity to make a proper difference to how things work and it looks like it could lead to more travel chances and other such good stuff so yay.

Finally got a car sorted as well so more chances to see stuff :)

Watching Ink Masters. Quite a cool show. It's a masterchef/next top model style competition. Much better then the rest of those realty shows because it gives you a lot of insight into the actual ideas behind tattooing.

Saw a trailer for Prisoners, looks awesome.

• Advertisement

How's Seattle? Did you meet Mike McCready yet?!

Good luck Adi!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Try this.Happened me before in a coupe.Get a fairly big flat head screwdriver and a hammer.Hammer the screwdriver down into the stuck plugs.Try loosen with a vice grips around the shaft of the screwdriver.I managed to get 2 broken plugs out of a head this way.You've nothing to lose trying it since the head will have to come Off anyway if u don't get it out.

Oohhh, nice one. Never thought of that. Must try that. Cheers man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Howdy, folks! I'm just back from a trip to the opticians and get this: I have weak eye muscles meaning my eyes are slightly ajar like this: <__>
    I never knew but the guy spotted it the second I walked in the door. He's very good and thorough-he spent over 30 minutes testing me and fine-tuning my prescription until it was perfect. Turns out I'm slightly short-sighted so I'm getting a lovely spiffy pair of purple glasses for my troubles. They're pretty fancy too: Anti-glare and anti-scratch lens. No more squinting at the screen for me! :D

Hellrazer wrote: »

I've used this method a good few times and 70 % of the time it works
    Pkm dot be afraid to give it a good smack. Need to embed it into the plugs
    Only ever had this problem with cheap spurious plugs. Never had a problem with the iridium plugs.
    Just seen there's wifi on Dublin bus now.
    Wtf???? :)

January wrote: »
    That's good dodderangler!

Wish this cold would feck off... sick of feeling snuffly and headachey...
    definitely something going around. I'm moping about the place in my pjs feeling sorry for myself today!
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Howdy, folks! I'm just back from a trip to the opticians and get this: I have weak eye muscles meaning my eyes are slightly ajar like this: <__>
    I never knew but the guy spotted it the second I walked in the door. He's very good and thorough-he spent over 30 minutes testing me and fine-tuning my prescription until it was perfect. Turns out I'm slightly short-sighted so I'm getting a lovely spiffy pair of purple glasses for my troubles. They're pretty fancy too: Anti-glare and anti-scratch lens. No more squinting at the screen for me! :D
    Love the new glasses feeling!

Not looking forward to tonight, nana's anniversary mass and it's the first since grandad passed away...going to be very emotional and I'm feeling **** as it is. had people cancel plans this week and it's just adding to my general pants mood.
    I do have my first student assessment on Friday, so I'm excited. I can't wait to start teaching, it's going to be so much fun. looking up stuff for the Hdip tomorrow I think, don't think I should do it today...
    Getting a new tattoo on Saturday hopefully with my little sis, she's moving to scotland in a few weeks so we're getting little elephants before she leaves!

There's Wifi on some of the busses alright, not all though. My bus does though, tis dead handy :D

McC, you should look into buying glasses online. I've used Goggles4u and Firmoo - both are really cheap but the quality of Firmoo is slightly better. You'd get a pair for about €15. I need to order new glasses myself, I lost my prescription sunglasses :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

jenizzle wrote: »
    There's Wifi on some of the busses alright, not all though. My bus does though, tis dead handy :D

McC, you should look into buying glasses online. I've used Goggles4u and Firmoo - both are really cheap but the quality of Firmoo is slightly better. You'd get a pair for about €15. I need to order new glasses myself, I lost my prescription sunglasses :o

+1 for buying online. I got 2 pairs of glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses delivered for €100. I also need to get those thin lenses because my eyesight is crap.

Price I was quoted in a Dublin shop for 1 pair of the cheapest frames with first grade of thin lenses was over €100.

Edit: You need to know your pupil distance ( opticians like not to tell you this)

+1 for buying online. I got 2 pairs of glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses delivered for €100. I also need to get those thin lenses because my eyesight is crap.

Price I was quoted in a Dublin shop for 1 pair of the cheapest frames with first grade of thin lenses was over €100.

Edit: You need to know your pupil distance ( opticians like not to tell you this)

What do you mean by pupil distance, is that distance apart from each other? I only just bought new glasses, am picking them up from Specsavers on Saturday. Luckily there was an offer on and I didn't spend as much as I thought I'd have to, especially with the lens thinning as well (I'm blind as a bat :pac:). But I'd be tempted to pick up a pair of sunglasses online for driving if I could!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Pupil distance is measured either from pupil to pupil or pupil to middle of nose x2

You can find things youtube for how to measure it at home, stand a couple of feet away from a mirror with a ruler. This will give you a pd from pupil to pupil. Or look in a mirror and put a dot on your glasses where your pupils are. Measure from dot to dot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement