Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. Spent the day in the back garden working on bikes again. Herself wanted to learn to do a few bits so I let her work away (with guidance/advice) and I was working on the bike I helped my mate get. It's Sam's first bike and she knows nothing about them, and as it's 23 years old, it needs a few bits.

The brakes were non-existent so had to take the calipers off, clean out the pistons, stick in new pads and bleed the system. Whoever did them before hadn't a clue!! It was a mess!

Watching NY Ink now and there's some dude getting his eyelids and head tattooed! :eek: Mad fella altogether! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all. Spent the day in the back garden working on bikes again. Herself wanted to learn to do a few bits so I let her work away (with guidance/advice) and I was working on the bike I helped my mate get. It's Sam's first bike and she knows nothing about them, and as it's 23 years old, it needs a few bits.

The brakes were non-existent so had to take the calipers off, clean out the pistons, stick in new pads and bleed the system. Whoever did them before hadn't a clue!! It was a mess!

Watching NY Ink now and there's some dude getting his eyelids and head tattooed! :eek: Mad fella altogether! :pac:

I saw that episode PK...it looks seriously painful on the eyelids, man is streaming crying! Some pain threshold...

kellief wrote: »
    I saw that episode PK...it looks seriously painful on the eyelids, man is streaming crying! Some pain threshold...

Yeah, looked rough alright. Couldn't do it myself. Nor on the head either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Eyelids? Jesus I'm wincing at the mere thought of it. Imagine how awkward the aftercare would be for something like that.

P_1 wrote: »
    Eyelids? Jesus I'm wincing at the mere thought of it. Imagine how awkward the aftercare would be for something like that.

Yeah, he got the word "Blessed" on one, and "Cursed" on the other. Looked nasty in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nasty as in painful, or nasty as in bad looking?

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yeah, he got the word "Blessed" on one, and "Cursed" on the other. Looked nasty in fairness.

Even the artist was fascinated with how well he sat, considering he wussed out after a tiny dollar sign on one of his eyelids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've seen eyeball tattoos being done on YouTube. Does not look pleasant at all at all!

I've seen eyeball tattoos being done on YouTube. Does not look pleasant at all at all!

Angron wrote: »
    Nasty as in painful, or nasty as in bad looking?

Painful. Tommy (the artist) was only on the first letter and there was tears steaming...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I've seen the eyeball being done before as well. No way in hell I'd ever get that one, looks like torture to get done.

Oh I thought you meant eyeball tattoos! Eyelid must be torturous too. Wouldn't say it'd last long either.

Eyeball? :eek:

Duck a fook

I know this sounds silly, but is there not a risk of the needle going through to the eyeball on the lid, if the artist went too deep? That is probably a super thick question but I'm asking anyway... :pac:

kellief wrote: »
    I know this sounds silly, but is there not a risk of the needle going through to the eyeball on the lid, if the artist went too deep? That is probably a super thick question but I'm asking anyway... :pac:

I'm only guessing here, but I would have thought so. Anyone else shed some light on this?

I think an eyelid is about 0.5mm thick, so I'd say some very specialized needles would have to be used for it.

Out of curiosity how deep does a tattoo needle usually go under the skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Guys it's not eyeid tattoos but the actual eyeball.545902-jason-barnum.jpg

Yahoo answers tells me a tattoo needle goes in 1/16th of an inch which is about 1.5mm. Although yahoo answers isn't the most reliable source of course.

Arawn wrote: »
    Guys it's not eyeid tattoos but the actual eyeball.545902-jason-barnum.jpg

Jesus H Christ that must have bloody stung :eek:

Oh my god...how painful would that be???? I would imagine that having a tattooed eyeball would make it difficult to determine if there was damage to the eye after an accident etc?
    Interesting stuff about how deep it goes, just always thought the eyelids were so thin that it would be really hard to work on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    How's Seattle? Did you meet Mike McCready yet?!

Seattle is boss. It's so relaxed and the street performers are amazing.

Haven't met Mike but Eddie promised to take us out on the town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Funny yas are talking bout eye tattoos.
    I walke past a builder today with tribal on his hands going right up his arm to his neck and onto his face up his cheek and just under his eyelid
    Must've hurt something fierce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have food poisioning. :( I've been getting sick for the last 8 hours. It's only just stopped now, but I feel so shíte that I know it's gonna come back soon. :( My dad had to call in sick to work for me because I've lost my voice, but now I'm losing 9 hours of pay in my wages tomorrow. :(

Someone come look after me, I feel so awful. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Food poisoning is a horrible feeling.
    Feeling constantly weak and unable to do anything but throw up.
    Hope ya get better lass.

Me daughter starting playschool today. Growing up too feckin quick.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I wouldn't mind getting my head tattooed. My hair is fairly short on one side, so I would get some geometric shapes just up above my ear maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I have food poisioning. :( I've been getting sick for the last 8 hours. It's only just stopped now, but I feel so shíte that I know it's gonna come back soon. :( My dad had to call in sick to work for me because I've lost my voice, but now I'm losing 9 hours of pay in my wages tomorrow. :(

Someone come look after me, I feel so awful. :(

That's awful! :( Any idea where you got it? Hope you feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ankhyu wrote: »
    That's awful! :( Any idea where you got it? Hope you feel better soon!

Yup, my dad cooked me turkey burgers yesterday when I got in from work because I was wrecked. I thought they tasted weird, but assumed it was the seasoning he'd put on them, because I season things differently to him.

Six hours later, bang, non-stop vomiting.

I'm never eating healthily again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Eyeball tattoos aren't done with tattoo needles. Regular medical needles are used to get the ink into the eyeball.

Feeling any better eso? Hugs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Ugh poor Lyn!
    Plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.

Trying to do some study but struggling to motivate myself. I want to go back to Munich :(. Have all my photos ready to get printed, took bout 3hrs to go through them :pac:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement