Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I hate hate hate shopping. Even wedding dress shopping was one shop. Tried on 3 dresses, liked the third, so I bought it and then went for a donut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I have a problem with jean sizes aswell takes me ages to find a pair that fit :(.

Most jeans in shops these days are the likes of 30 inch legs with a 36/34 inch waist. I'm a 34 inch leg with 32 inch waist.

I can't stand that when I'm looking for jeans. It seems most shops think that the majority of their customers are short and fat judging by the amount of 30/36 jeans they stock. Finding a decent pair in a 32/32 is bloody tough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Jeans never fit properly around my hips. They'll fit perfectly around my legs but then by completely baggy at the top. Also being 5' 8'' with long legs mean they're all too short. I wear shorts a lot more these days.

I have to try on tops and dresses because I carry most of my weight around my stomach so anything anyways tight looks rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jeans never fit properly around my hips. They'll fit perfectly around my legs but then by completely baggy at the top. Also being 5' 8'' with long legs mean they're all too short. I wear shorts a lot more these days.

I have to try on tops and dresses because I carry most of my weight around my stomach so anything anyways tight looks rubbish.

I'm the opposite with jeans. In comparison to my hips, my waist is small, so any jeans I buy that fit my hips just fall off my waist :( I mostly just wear tight skirts, fixes everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Being bold within the SW limitations and getting an Indian take-away. Doing really well with the diet though and I'm hoping to get out and start the couch to 5k in the next week. Feeling good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Think Cujo is a great contender to tie that sleeve off just nicely ;)

Yeah it just might. I'll talk to my guy and see what he says. :)
    It needs an animal in it ;)

It does...ME!! :D TBH, I really want something like this done..

tumblr_mh3xwmP6mS1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

But will have to be somewhere else. :pac:

If you're bored one day, you should check out awesome walls off the M50 near blanchardstown area. Indoor rock climbing, great way to lose a few hours and works every muscle!! If it's anything like my centre it's cheap enough membership with a no holds bar on how often you use the centre. Be a change to the gym?

Passed that today actually. It's something I've never done, but wouldn't mind giving it a go. Looks cool.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Nothing 'girlish' about a scaffold piercing tbh. It might be a bit awkward when combined with a bike helmet and a shaved head though.

Yeah, true enough. I was onto the piercers today and asked about spikes instead of balls on that particular one. They said it wouldn't be a good idea straight away but I could switch to the spikes after it has healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P.K.M. wrote: »

It does...ME!! :D TBH, I really want something like this done..

tumblr_mh3xwmP6mS1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

But will have to be somewhere else. :pac:

You could do one sleeve of horror another sleeve of kids nostalgia that would really fcuk with peoples heads :pac:.

I still want my Dia de Los Muertos but planning that with a twist to spice it up a bit, and my TMNT tattoo but both a bit down the line :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

P_1 wrote: »
    I can't stand that when I'm looking for jeans. It seems most shops think that the majority of their customers are short and fat judging by the amount of 30/36 jeans they stock. Finding a decent pair in a 32/32 is bloody tough

This!! ^^^ I'm a 36in waist and 34in leg. It's almost feckin' impossible to get jeans to fit! :mad:
    You could do one sleeve of horror another sleeve of kids nostalgia that would really fcuk with peoples heads :pac:.

Yeah, I could do. But with Alien and Predator already on my left arm, I reckon I'll go for a sc-fi themed sleeve that side.
    I still want my Dia de Los Muertos but planning that with a twist to spice it up a bit, and my TMNT tattoo but both a bit down the line :(.

Sounds deadly!! :D

Love this piece, I thought the 3D effect was quite good...

skull-Biomechanical-tattoo-design-for-men.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Think I'm going to get the number 13 tattooed on this Friday the 13th next. Just a little one to tide me over!

There's a good few TV, film and literature themed tattoos I want but the one I want most is a Wuthering Heights themed tattoo. I don't know of what though...been trying to figure it out for years...

• Advertisement

I have a few lit ones in mind but I'm not sure where to put them/ how I want them to sit. Needs a good bit of planning. My better half doesn't like tattoos either so it's always about getting him on side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

There's a good few TV, film and literature themed tattoos I want but the one I want most is a Wuthering Heights themed tattoo. I don't know of what though...been trying to figure it out for years...

u never know.look what they did with this

180px-PrideandPrejudiceandZombiesCover_zps92219669.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm going to be booking an appointment with Rob Mulligan once I come back from my holidays and my tan (if I get one) starts to fade. So I'll probably be looking at getting it done around the end of November. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think my foot will be getting coloured in on Tuesday. Needs to be healed for my holliers at the end of the month, so it's either this week or October. *crosses fingers*

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I'm going to be booking an appointment with Rob Mulligan once I come back from my holidays and my tan (if I get one) starts to fade. So I'll probably be looking at getting it done around the end of November. :)

You really can't go wrong with rob! And colour works new studio looks gorgeous.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Was at a nieces 21st last night.

Oh Christ help me...it was like an episode of "my big fat gypsy 21st."

The blokes all looked the EXACT same--they were like clones of each other....has no one any individuality left-same clothes,hairstyle,shoes etc and the girls all looked like they were in an episode of the show.

Actually I think some of them on that show were better dressed.

Bought the first issue of the Doctor Who Figurine Collection...it's so amazing...

kellief wrote: »
    Bought the first issue of the Doctor Who Figurine Collection...it's so amazing...

Really? I've only seen the pictures but I thought the Doctor figurine looked badly made and nothing like Matt Smith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My partner bought it too... apparently the figures are exact 3D models of the characters... Matt Smith is sitting on my mantel piece at the minute if anyone wants a picture of him to see what it's like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There'll never be a better Doctor than Tennant for me.

• Advertisement

Not 100% happy with him but I think that this may have been because it's issue 1, cheaper and will need more. Painting isn't perfect either. I have high expectations and am buying the premium subscription tomorrow. I love who.

I could never stand doctor who.

I'll get my coat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not 100% happy with him but I think that this may have been because it's issue 1, cheaper and will need more. Painting isn't perfect either. I have high expectations and am buying the premium subscription tomorrow. I love who.

Himself wants the premium subscription too... might make a good birthday present for him actually...

I could never stand doctor who.

I'll get my coat :(

I only started watching it around March/April and I was hooked from the first episode. I absolutely love it. I've never been so taken by a programme ever (I have since realised another love, which is supernatural, because of reasons) and I am currently watching it from the very beginning, William Hartnell 1963 episodes. It's definitely not for everyone but I think it's worth giving it a go.

I love Tennant as the Doctor, I think he was incredible. Never cried so much at a character as I did watching him.

Angron wrote: »
    There'll never be a better Doctor than Tennant for me.

I'm between Tennant and Smith. I think it's hard to judge with such different head writers as well. Looking forward to Capaldi.

Thanks for the picture. He looks more like Matt Smith than the other photos I saw but you're right about the paint work being a bit dodgy. I can't see myself buying it frequently (I don't have the money for one thing) but might pick up a few along the way. Definitely getting myself a Dalek.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't watched much of it since Tennant left. I just really don't like Smith and his bloody bow-tie.

I only started watching it around March/April and I was hooked from the first episode. I absolutely love it. I've never been so taken by a programme ever (I have since realised another love, which is supernatural, because of reasons) and I am currently watching it from the very beginning, William Hartnell 1963 episodes. It's definitely not for everyone but I think it's worth giving it a go.

I love Tennant as the Doctor, I think he was incredible. Never cried so much at a character as I did watching him.

I've watched some of Hartnell's episodes as well, I quite like his Doctor but no-one else seems to. :P

This blog recaps classic Who and it's very funny if you're interested.

I've watched some of Hartnell's episodes as well, I quite like his Doctor but no-one else seems to. :P

This blog recaps classic Who and it's very funny if you're interested.

I like him, he is a bit doddery. He had a hard role to play, but not as hard as Troughton. Most of his episodes are missing though :(:(

I'm between Tennant and Smith. I think it's hard to judge with such different head writers as well. Looking forward to Capaldi.

Thanks for the picture. He looks more like Matt Smith than the other photos I saw but you're right about the paint work being a bit dodgy. I can't see myself buying it frequently (I don't have the money for one thing) but might pick up a few along the way. Definitely getting myself a Dalek.

Really excited about Capaldi!!! The paint work is a bit dodgy but hopefully not all are like that!

• Advertisement

So fourteen years on and still completely terrified of these bastards
    the+gentlemen2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement