Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone ever rented a car abroad? Thinking of doing it when I go to Spain on Tuesday as the house is out of the way of everything. I've been driving 4 years but still would be a bit nervous of driving on the wrong side of the road :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Anyone else get that real September feeling.
    Cold breeze and leaves on the ground.
    It'll be Xmas before we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anyone else get that real September feeling.
    Cold breeze and leaves on the ground.
    It'll be Xmas before we know it

Aye, the past few days in particular, you'd really notice the change in seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Anyone ever rented a car abroad? Thinking of doing it when I go to Spain on Tuesday as the house is out of the way of everything. I've been driving 4 years but still would be a bit nervous of driving on the wrong side of the road :P

Yeah, I hired a Micra when I was in Alicante a few years back. It feels weird, no doubt about that, but you get used to it after a couple of miles and don't even think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm fcuking freezing! Bring back the summer, please. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I got a date for Saturday! *happy dance*
    tumblr_llk8xjQFaz1qg21fq.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm after spending ages trying to figure out why the marking scheme I had didn't match up with the assessment I gave a student, until I copped the marks allocated were different and then realised...I printed off the Ordinary level paper and higher level marking scheme. Talk about a blonde moment....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've done it a few times. They do have age restrictions though, you may pay a supplement if you're under 25. Tbh, I found it very easy to adjust to driving on the right (especially with a sat nav reminding you which way to drive around a roundabout), but t'was tough when I got back to Ireland and had to drive on the left again.

I love Autumn, it's my favourite time of year! I can wear a coat and be cosy, the colours are pretty, and all the nice black clothes come back into shops :D I've been on the hunt for a hooded leather jacket, I've been unsuccessful so far. C'mon Penney's, get it sorted!

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've done it a few times. They do have age restrictions though, you may pay a supplement if you're under 25. Tbh, I found it very easy to adjust to driving on the right (especially with a sat nav reminding you which way to drive around a roundabout), but t'was tough when I got back to Ireland and had to drive on the left again.

Yeah I'll give it a go anyway! It's only €80 for the 10 days including the under 25 supplement which is grand. There's 4 of us going so €20 a head which would be spent on taxis going to and from the supermarket anyway.

Congrats on the date McChubbin!

• Advertisement

You'll be grand! Just don't bash yer hand off the window when you go to change gear ;)

Never forget getting back from 5 days driving in Norway, getting into my car and tearing off on the wrong side of the road :o

I love Autumn, it's my favourite time of year! I can wear a coat and be cosy, the colours are pretty, and all the nice black clothes come back into shops :D I've been on the hunt for a hooded leather jacket, I've been unsuccessful so far. C'mon Penney's, get it sorted!

That's why I don't like it! :pac: I refuse to wear coats or jackets because I've never, EVER managed to find one that doesn't make me look about 2 stone heavier than I am. So I just freeze. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hard luck P1 ;) better luck next time :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Hard luck P1 ;) better luck next time :P.

Oh you...

TBH I wasn't really following it today, the Dubs match had my full attention

P_1 wrote: »
    Oh you...

If I was a Spurs fan I'd say that to :p:pac:.

Was a good game though, at White Hart Lane it could be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Oh you...

Great game
    Was at home had no one to mind the little one so two of us sat down and watched it. She was singing come on you boys in blue.
    I never doubted dublin for a second.
    I knew if they went in losing at half time that they'd destroy Kerry in second half which took a while but they did

You'll be grand! Just don't bash yer hand off the window when you go to change gear ;)

Never forget getting back from 5 days driving in Norway, getting into my car and tearing off on the wrong side of the road :o

I'll probably go tearing off on the wrong side of the road over there :P

Did you book beforehand or just get one over there?

If I was a Spurs fan I'd say that to :p:pac:.

Was a good game though, at White Hart Lane it could be a different story.

Ha true, I did notice that you feckers broke our new fancy French winger though. At least Ramsey didn't score, the rich and famous can breath easy for another week.

Ha true, I did notice that you feckers broke our new fancy French winger though. At least Ramsey didn't score, the rich and famous can breath easy for another week.

Yeh been a good day to be an Arsenal fan especially if Sky Sports are right and were signing our very own new shiny German/Turkish AM :).

Yeh been a good day to be an Arsenal fan especially if Sky Sports are right and were signing our very own new shiny German/Turkish AM :).

Ah but the rich boys of Paris seem to have hijacked your deal. Same happened to us with the russians and Willian

• Advertisement

Ah but the rich boys of Paris seem to have hijacked your deal. Same happened to us with the russians and Willian

Not true ;), sky sports and lots of other sources are saying he has picked Arsenal. United were in but were meant to have offered him 2 million a season more.

Well know soon enough window closes tomorrow, I'm hopeful.

Not true ;), sky sports and lots of other sources are saying he has picked Arsenal. United were in but were meant to have offered him 2 million a season more.

Well know soon enough window closes tomorrow, I'm hopeful.

Aye transfer deadline day is tomorrow, should be a bit of fun and games with that. Of course I was hoping the Bale sale would wait till about half 11 tomorrow night to go through, would have stopped the tapping up fascists of Madrid from offloading a few players to certain clubs ;)

I'll probably go tearing off on the wrong side of the road over there :P

Did you book beforehand or just get one over there?

You wouldn't be the first! I pre-booked it. Got my excess insurance off some crowd off the internet as the hire company themselves are such a rip off.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    That's why I don't like it! :pac: I refuse to wear coats or jackets because I've never, EVER managed to find one that doesn't make me look about 2 stone heavier than I am. So I just freeze. :pac:

My winter jackets are huge on me, hence the investment! The one I got last year is alright, but the ones before were ginormous. Feck our lives, ey?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I should be gone but I'm dancing away to this:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

I'm back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D (To college I mean xD )

My winter jackets are huge on me, hence the investment! The one I got last year is alright, but the ones before were ginormous. Feck our lives, ey?!

To get one to fit my chest, it tends to be about 4 sizes too big everywhere else, so I look like a fcuking snowman. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    To get one to fit my chest, it tends to be about 4 sizes too big everywhere else, so I look like a fcuking snowwoman. :pac:

FIXED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

All this talk of winter coats made me try on mine. It doesn't fit anymore (it's a tailored, tight around the waist thing) but I refuse to buy a new one (even though I didn't buy this one) 'cause I love it so much and it's only too small by a little bit. That's another item of clothing to use as a motivator then. It might be the best one with the turn in the weather recently. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I can't sleep so I shall amuse myself by watching clips of John Barrowman singing on Youtube.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement