Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not sure if this is a fake or not but surely, surely you'd make sure that any text you get tattooed is spelled correctly, right?

http://www.joe.ie/pic-of-the-day/pic-is-this-tattoo-reportedly-from-cork-for-real/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Looks real enough.

Sure, there was a tattoo posted up in the ISYM thread a while back that was misspelled.

It happens. My friend's is misspelled, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was enjoying lying on my bed there when I heard doors slamming and arguing from the corner neighbours and one shouting " go and drop dead " and the other one saying "no you drop fcuking dead"
    Felt like shouting out and saying " will both of yas drop dead yas howlers" in the same little scruffy accent that they have

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Looks real enough.

Sure, there was a tattoo posted up in the ISYM thread a while back that was misspelled.

It happens. My friend's is misspelled, too.

True I guess mistakes do happen.

I know a few studios get you to sign a waiver with the text printed on it before the tattooing happens.

P_1 wrote: »
    True I guess mistakes do happen.

I know a few studios get you to sign a waiver with the text printed on it before the tattooing happens.

Both the studios in which I got written text (ReInkarnated and Tattoo Energy) made me sign a waiver, and also write out the exact text I wanted. In ReInkarnated, they were really careful to triple check the spelling with me, because it was in Irish and the guy doing it was Polish and was really worried in case I'd misspelled it. :pac:

That could be easily enough fixed to look like an 'o,' and use the swirly bit of the 'e' as a connection to the previous letter.

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Both the studios in which I got written text (ReInkarnated and Tattoo Energy) made me sign a waiver, and also write out the exact text I wanted. In ReInkarnated, they were really careful to triple check the spelling with me, because it was in Irish and the guy doing it was Polish and was really worried in case I'd misspelled it. :pac:

That could be easily enough fixed to look like an 'o,' and use the swirly bit of the 'e' as a connection to the previous letter.

Yeah it's not the hardest fix I'd say alright.

That's one thing I've noticed with a lot of the Polish artists in Dublin, they do take a lot of care to make sure that the spelling is right before committing to the tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

P_1 wrote: »

This just reminded me. On top of all the other silly things that happened at the festival, we asked all our friends to sign a legal wafer before taking part in any activities. No that's not a misspelling. We got actual wafers... :pac:

Ankhyu wrote: »
    This just reminded me. On top of all the other silly things that happened at the festival, we asked all our friends to sign a legal wafer before taking part in any activities. No that's not a misspelling. We got actual wafers... :pac:

Hmm, legal wafer...
    tumblr_mr2rgrEQsy1sdxkcqo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Evening folks :), just home from work and gym busy day :).

Logged onto facebook and saw this by Tomash and got a little bit excited to see what he has drawn up for me 21st of this moth can't come quick enough :D.

1184950_563964913640106_1178443168_n.jpg

Oh and welcome back zombienosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

that's pretty cool actually.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

There's only so much responsibility an artist can accept, especially when it comes to misspellings. I know some artists would ask a good few people to proof-read before they start inking!

Went to see Rush this eve - t'was fairly meh really!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Went to see Rush this eve - t'was fairly meh really!

That's disappointing was hoping that would be a smashing film.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

That's disappointing was hoping that would be a smashing film.

You may enjoy it more! It's no Senna, I'll tell ye that! I guess I just found it very overly English, and lacked a bit of depth. There were some funny moments, but I think the race scenes were a bit of a let down.

jenizzle wrote: »
    You may enjoy it more! It's no Senna, I'll tell ye that! I guess I just found it very overly English, and lacked a bit of depth. There were some funny moments, but I think the race scenes were a bit of a let down.

Yeh I do remember watching the trailer and noticing the race scenes in that at least looked very C.G.I and poorly done at that.

Senna was great :).

Poxy doctor stuck a needle in my ear :( it hurts! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why'd he do that??

January wrote: »
    Why'd he do that??

Abcess! It hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I haz chocolate milk!!111
    In other news, I just got back from meeting with my course advisor in Phibsburo. I'm starting a sampler on Monday. Wish me luck- this course seems to be in tune with what I need out of a vocation so I'm hoping it'll go well. There was a major emphasise on the course helping people with social anxiety and other 'Spergy tendencies so I'm optimistic that it's the one for me.

Cleaned out the ferret cage there and file it with apple smelling sawdust.
    He's delighted with his clean house :)
    Took him into the house to run around and the dog starts crying and howling.
    Soon as I put him back out in his hutch the dog is all waggly and bouncing around.
    Guess she missed her pal while he was in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sitting getting my baby elephant done. Holy **** this hurts. inside of left ankle!!

done now!!

• Advertisement

That awkward moment when you sit down to write a scenerio you've mapped out in several notebooks only to have the words lost in translation from mind to screen. *headdesks*
    Accurate gif is accurate:
    JohnHeaddesk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Guys it's been way too long! So busy with college, not work, but socializing! :cool:

How has everyone been?

Rewriting from the beginning. To the editing software!
    tumblr_msko59D3r21ssikauo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

McChubbin wrote: »
    That awkward moment when you sit down to write a scenerio you've mapped out in several notebooks only to have the words lost in translation from mind to screen. *headdesks*
    Accurate gif is accurate:
    JohnHeaddesk.gif

I have nothing add except nice use of the John Green gif. I love him.

Reconnecting with an old friend. I had kind of given up because I felt like I made all the effort. She seems to be trying now though, I hope it lasts. We used to be inseperable so I'd hate to lose contact completely.

Doing well Hybrid! How is college going? I'm getting started with applications for my PDE soon.

In fantastic news, I got my results. I have a Masters!!!! I didn't get a fantastic result, but I got a pretty damn good one considering the year of absolute hell I have been through. I'm really happy. It means I can go now and do my PDE in a year, take a break for the mean time and work, rest and get myself sorted.

Plus I got a baby elephant tattoo today and it's making me immensely happy. His name is Eduardo. :D

A masters??
    That's pretty awesome. I've a degree in sfa.

My news is I have a dirty black eye

A masters??
    That's pretty awesome. I've a degree in sfa.

My news is I have a dirty black eye

Yeah, Master of Science in Climate Change! I graduate in October, when I shall be Kellie Fagan BA MSc....which is hilarious and I want it on my passport!! :D

Why do you have a black eye??

Long story but some will say its karma ha

Long story but some will say its karma ha
    Don't be a tease, dodderangler! Spill!

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Don't be a tease, dodderangler! Spill!
    I agreee...spill!!!

This discussion has been closed.