Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The biggest moths I have ever seen are currently bouncing on my window.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ok well basically I was hunting to ight and shot a rabbit who had mixxy. As I went to get him I heard one in the bush gasping for air. So I spotted him and went to grab him and when I did my eyes and face went straight into a bush of nettles.my hole left side of my face is swollen
    Guess that was the rabbits way of getting me back. He knew them nettles were there.
    In fairness I'm saving them a slow death. Not all that exciting folks. Bet yas expected something cool.
    My mate found it hilarious.
    Unfortunately the land I hunt has alot of rabbits slowly dying with mixxy and I'm just ending the suffering as quick and humanly as possible.
    It's quite sad to see them that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Getting my new glasses tomorrow!

Ok well basically I was hunting to ight and shot a rabbit who had mixxy. As I went to get him I heard one in the bush gasping for air. So I spotted him and went to grab him and when I did my eyes and face went straight into a bush of nettles.my hole left side of my face is swollen
    Guess that was the rabbits way of getting me back. He knew them nettles were there.
    In fairness I'm saving them a slow death. Not all that exciting folks. Bet yas expected something cool.
    My mate found it hilarious.
    Unfortunately the land I hunt has alot of rabbits slowly dying with mixxy and I'm just ending the suffering as quick and humanly as possible.
    It's quite sad to see them that way.

I think that's a very kind thing to do...aside from moral beliefs about hunting, mixx is an awful condition and it's horrible to see them suffer from it.
    But I agree it was karma with the sting! Hope you are alright though!!! Hydrocortisone cream should help with the sting

It is a horrible thing to see.
    I picked that lad up tonight and sure I didn't even have to shoot him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

kellief wrote: »
    Yeah, Master of Science in Climate Change! I graduate in October, when I shall be Kellie Fagan BA MSc....which is hilarious and I want it on my passport!! :D

Why do you have a black eye??

Wait you can add your degree to the end of your name. That means this time next year I'll be Harriet Towey BA...**** that's scary. Feels like I only started last year. I hate my course though so looking forward to being done and doing a Master in Journalism after a few years work.

Also congratulations! I should have said that before going on about myself.

Wait you can add your degree to the end of your name. That means this time next year I'll be Harriet Towey BA...**** that's scary. Feels like I only started last year. I hate my course though so looking forward to being done and doing a Master in Journalism after a few years work.

All this talk of qualifications reminds me of a joke I heard on FB:

"Finally, after all these years of hard work and graft, I can finally correct people who spell my name wrong."

"Why, what's your name?"

"Stephen."

"Stephen with a P-H?"

"No. Stephen with a PHD." :D

Of course! It flies by doesn't it!! So fast! I'm delighted,thank you. It's so surreal but it confirmed I am definitely meant to teach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Tried watching NY Ink for the first time after about ten minutes had to knock it off got sick of listening to someone bang on about there spiritual growth, and tell there life story whilst full of teary eyes.

FCUK OFF was worse than X Factor, I don't give a shiite about your sob story.

Tried watching NY Ink for the first time after about ten minutes had to knock it off got sick of listening to someone bang on about there spiritual growth, and tell there life story whilst full of teary eyes.

pain in me pipe listening to them stories. i get a tattoo cuz i like it. some of mine have meaning but god i dont bore people to death about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

What I hate is the first season storyline about how they had no business and could barely afford rent...ah how much are you getting paid to film this? Must be a lot since after Miami Ink you said you'd never for TLC again. There's also the fact you're minimum tattoo price is about a grand...

I know reality tv is never reality but there's only so much disbelief you can suspend.

So, took a break from writing and I ended up firing up CS6 and doodling a quick concept of my current female protagonist...
    pandora_18_years_old_concept_sketch_by_mcchubbin-d6l26wn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Decided to watch a few eps of NY Ink, sweet suffering jaysus there's some ammount of waffle going on with it isn't there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

P_1 wrote: »
    Decided to watch a few eps of NY Ink, sweet suffering jaysus there's some ammount of waffle going on with it isn't there?

But getting a backpiece is a great way to remember your childhood hamster :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

More work done on my foot yesterday. Both myself and himself weren't feeling the best though so it's not finished yet. Jaysis I have a whopper club foot today though, more gangsta' walking till the swelling goes down! I'd say I have a fairly high pain threshold, but foot tattoos hurt!

Just got a vaccination >_< Way worse than a tattoo! That sucked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

P_1 wrote: »
    fewtins wrote: »
    But getting a backpiece is a great way to remember your childhood hamster :)

I've been watching it too, some good work, but WAY too much scripted shite that isn't needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

P.K.M. wrote: »
    I've been watching it too, some good work, but WAY too much scripted shite that isn't needed.

Yeh i agree! some nice tattoos in it but the show itself is bloody awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

jenizzle wrote: »
    More work done on my foot yesterday. Both myself and himself weren't feeling the best though so it's not finished yet. Jaysis I have a whopper club foot today though, more gangsta' walking till the swelling goes down! I'd say I have a fairly high pain threshold, but foot tattoos hurt!

Any time I've gotten my feet tattooed I haven't been able to walk for about 3 days. I feel your pain!

In other news, my dissertation is in being bound :eek:
    I can't for the life of me remember what I used to do with my time?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

fewtins wrote: »
    Just got a vaccination >_< Way worse than a tattoo! That sucked :p

I absolutely and utterly hate getting injections or blood taken. That type of needle just scares the bejaysus out of me, whereas a tattoo needle, meh not a bother. I confuse myself sometimes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

innad wrote: »
    Any time I've gotten my feet tattooed I haven't been able to walk for about 3 days. I feel your pain!

In other news, my dissertation is in being bound :eek:
    I can't for the life of me remember what I used to do with my time?!

My elephant was tiny but I can't walk properly today!!

My elephant was tiny but I can't walk properly today!!

In my experience size makes no difference on the feet - I have one that took 20 minutes, one that took 1.5 hours and one that took 2 hours. I couldn't walk after any of them!

I love the elephant by the way :)

innad wrote: »
    In my experience size makes no difference on the feet - I have one that took 20 minutes, one that took 1.5 hours and one that took 2 hours. I couldn't walk after any of them!

I love the elephant by the way :)

Yeah the skin is totally different. my other foot was really sore but I'm getting it re-done and it's gonna hurt so damn much!

Yeah the skin is totally different. my other foot was really sore but I'm getting it re-done and it's gonna hurt so damn much!

Yep, it sucks. Although I can deal with the pain while it's being done, it's the swelling and inability to move afterwards that's the real killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I absolutely and utterly hate getting injections or blood taken. That type of needle just scares the bejaysus out of me, whereas a tattoo needle, meh not a bother. I confuse myself sometimes :rolleyes:

I'm the very same. I fainted while getting blood taken before :o

FoxyVixen wrote: »

I'm fine normally, cause I used to have get bloods taken like every two weeks for this medication thing I was on for months. It's just the vaccine today, even my GP was like "It's fast, but this one hurts" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really depends on the type of the injection.
    Sub-cutaneous injections (under the skin) hurt, but the pain dissipates reasonably quickly.
    Intra-muscular injections hurt like a bitch, and you will be left feeling it for a long time!
    If it's into a vein, then it'll just be the pinch of the injection really.

Yeah they're intra-muscular I think, leaves you with a bit of achy arm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone here know know anywhere cheap and cheerful and central in Galway to book for a night? Going with the lads so doesn't exactly need to be anything special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Anyone here know know anywhere cheap and cheerful and central in Galway to book for a night? Going with the lads so doesn't exactly need to be anything special.

There's a hostel smack bang in the city centre. The name escapes me at the moment though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement