Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I used to be absolutely awful with needles, injections, bloods anything. 100% guaranteed to faint/collapse, regardless. I'm a lot better but I still get really dizzy and weak. Not as bad as I used to be though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Never really had any problems with needles to be honest. I guess having to inject yourself 4 times a day kinda kills off any hang ups about them though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I love winning a good debate :D, got into a debate on Facebook on one the Garda checkpoint pages were there was a link posted to the journal.ie on the abolishment of motor tax and adding it to fuel costs.

Someone was posting tripe called them on it debate began and instead of admitting they were wrong after it had been proven they were talking out there rectum, they just deleted all there comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

For the day that it is:

Freddie would've been 67 today. It still breaks my heart that he's no longer with us. :( I was only 3 when he passed away but I grew up listening to Queen and I'm a HUGE fan of his. My biggest regret is that I was borntwo years too late and never got to see him play Slane in '86. :(

I agree. One of my all time favourite artists ever to have graced this planet with his talent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd have loved to have seen Queen perform live, or MJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

McChubbin wrote: »
    ...I grew up listening to Queen and I'm a HUGE fan of his. My biggest regret is that I was borntwo years too late and never got to see him play Slane in '86. :(
    I'd have loved to have seen Queen perform live, or MJ.

Well, one good thing about being old is that I was around for this. :D I was 15 or 16, saw Queen, Big Country and David Bowie that day. Man it was a hot sunny one! :cool: Great gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ankhyu wrote: »
    There's a hostel smack bang in the city centre. The name escapes me at the moment though

Do you mean Snoozles?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Do you mean Snoozles?

Looked it up, nope it's Barnacles! It's right beside a load of pubs though, so I dunno what it'd be like to try and sleep there. Then again, Marty is heading out on the pi$$ so it might not matter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My dad has seen Queen a few times before Freddie passed away, and even met the band once. The lucky son of a bitch. :mad:

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Well, one good thing about being old is that I was around for this. :D I was 15 or 16, saw Queen, Big Country and David Bowie that day. Man it was a hot sunny one! :cool: Great gig...

I was 6 when Queen played Slane... 8 when MJ played in Cork (My mum was at that gig... madly jealous!)
    Despite being a fan of both, I would never have got to go to either gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The snapper is on tv3
    Classic

It's good, but The Van was always my favourite, both in book and movie form!

The snapper is on tv3
    Classic

Georgie Brugess!! :P

P_1 wrote: »
    Georgie Brugess!! :P

Georgie "bleeeedin" burges

And in sporting news Andy Murray finds himself aboard the 10 o'clock bus to Gretna...

I love the snapper! We're watching sherlock from the start. Himself wanted to see them. Brilliant show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Looked it up, nope it's Barnacles! It's right beside a load of pubs though, so I dunno what it'd be like to try and sleep there. Then again, Marty is heading out on the pi$$ so it might not matter! :D

My friend works in a pub just across from it and she said she's seen people not let in after nights out and stuff so might not be the best.

Heard good things about snoozles although think it might be pricy. It's not right in town but it's about ten/fifteen minutes from Eyre Square. Only other two hostels I know aren't meant to be very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Do you mean Snoozles?
    My friend works in a pub just across from it and she said she's seen people not let in after nights out and stuff so might not be the best.

Heard good things about snoozles although think it might be pricy. It's not right in town but it's about ten/fifteen minutes from Eyre Square. Only other two hostels I know aren't meant to be very nice.

Thanks a lot for the replies much obliged :) Ill look into that :), but yes I will be on the piss most certainly train booker for 11:30 Saturday morning so Ill probably be half cut by the time I get to Galway :D.

Tonight is respectable night, night in a swanky hotel ad dinner followed by drinks but looking forward to it :).

On Queen don't hate me but not much of a fan at all really never have been, would have loving to have seen Michael Jackson still remember as a kid having Im Bad on record and listening to it on repeat in the house all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

On Queen don't hate me but not much of a fan at all really never have been

I'm with you brother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Marty, Adi, ye have no taste!

Getting excited now, only 6 weeks til my holiday. :D

And I have a night in a hotel booked two weeks from now, too. :)

Woo, things are getting fun here. :D

On Queen don't hate me but not much of a fan at all .

Bet ya still know the words to their songs :)
    I'm not a fan either and still know their songs. Hate when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Oh god, oh god, oh god. NO MORE DRINKING (until freshers week, next week). I have completely lost my dignity. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't be a massive fan of Queen, but I still would have liked to have seen them. I got really, really annoyed at the Olympics closing ceremony when they had May and Taylor play for that Jessie J butchering of We Will Rock You.

Above Queen though, there's two bands I'd have loved to see, but will never get a chance to due to the lead vocalists dying: Type O Negative and Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

On Queen don't hate me but not much of a fan at all really never have been, would have loving to have seen Michael Jackson still remember as a kid having Im Bad on record and listening to it on repeat in the house all the time.
    Adiboo wrote: »
    I'm with you brother!
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Marty, Adi, ye have no taste!
    Bet ya still know the words to their songs :)
    I'm not a fan either and still know their songs. Hate when that happens.

Im 50-50 when it comes to Queen! I like some of there stuff! I think Freddie Mercury was an unbelievable front man but I do think that Queen are completely over rated!!!

Iv seen Michael Jackson Live!! :D:D:D:D Lansdowne road 1992! Dangerous tour!! I was only a wee whipper schnapper but I remember a lot of it!!
    Jealous?? You're Jealous haha :P
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Getting excited now, only 6 weeks til my holiday. :D

And I have a night in a hotel booked two weeks from now, too. :)

Woo, things are getting fun here. :D

I have my Hollies come up soon too! next week in fact!! kicking it off by seeing soundgarden in the O2, gotta friends wedding then Im off to Spain for a week! good times ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

gregers85 wrote: »
    Im 50-50 when it comes to Queen! I like some of there stuff! I think Freddie Mercury was an unbelievable front man but I do think that Queen are completely over rated!!!

Iv seen Michael Jackson Live!! :D:D:D:D Lansdowne road 1992! Dangerous tour!! I was only a wee whipper schnapper but I remember a lot of it!!
    Jealous?? You're Jealous haha :P

I have my Hollies come up soon too! next week in fact!! kicking it off by seeing soundgarden in the O2, gotta friends wedding then Im off to Spain for a week! good times ahead :D

Is Soundgarden that soon?? Dammit, guess I won't be going so! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Is Soundgarden that soon?? Dammit, guess I won't be going so! :(

yeh its monday week the 16th!!

Wanna post up a pic of a tattoo il be getting
    It's just a rough idea of the kind of collage I'm going for. Is that ok?
    Yas an give me some tips on what should go where.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Wanna post up a pic of a tattoo il be getting
    It's just a rough idea of the kind of collage I'm going for. Is that ok?
    Yas an give me some tips on what should go where.

Go on, lash it up there....

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Go on, lash it up there....

20762F45_zpsdafa4c81.jpg

this is it. the idea im going for. we have from left to right
    pheasant rising, shotgun shell,red deer stag,rifle cartridge,ferret
    back to left again
    goshawk, german pointer in the middle, running rabbit, then a pike and trout

this is just an idea for a ribs piece. itll all be fitted in better but its just my idea.
    its basically my most loved hobbies all fitted in one like fishing and hunting with the dog( shs only learning) doing falconry and hunting with ferrets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement