Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

January wrote: »
    It's a Shetland pony too... he has snakes and tortoises too and is moving them over to his place over the weekend.

Nice love snakes and tortoises :)
    P_1 wrote: »
    Relaxing with a few beers watching some American Football and pissing aboot on the net.

Just saw some of the pictures from that IRA thing at Balgriffen today, nice to see that Ghadaffi's bodyguards were able to find themselves another gig :P

4lA0W.jpg

Haha brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

First rugby match in two years today.
    Absolutely boll0xed. Tackled a fella wrong and hit me head off his head and my top teeth went straight into my gum.
    Me top lip is coming out as far as my nose nearly its that bad. Split on inside. Pretty sore and I'm stiff as a board but glad to be back at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

If someone would buy me some vegetarian sausages, cook them bring them to be that'd be great. Failing that a bowl of porridge would be nice. I'd do it myself but my bed is warm and I am very very hungover.

If someone would buy me some vegetarian sausages, cook them bring them to be that'd be great. Failing that a bowl of porridge would be nice. I'd do it myself but my bed is warm and I am very very hungover.

Hope you managed to find some kind soul to deliver the breakfast you desired :).

Just home from the personal trainer I'm going to be in pain tomorrow burnt out my chest and back this evening, but came home and found Home Alone 2 on film 4 okay it's not Christmas yet but I love the Home Alone films still remember seeing Home Alone 2 in the cinema and being in kinks laughing at it, think its my first memory of going the cinema and it really stuck with me :o, still funny as fcuk imo.

I'm still sore from yesterday. In a heap. I'm grand when I walk for a while but soon as I sit down I'm in bits. Real stiff and I'm freezing.
    Is it just me? Or is it cold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I just got a message on another site from Will. I'm sure any of the older posters remember him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Is he still in nursing?

fewtins wrote: »
    Is he still in nursing?

Haven't a clue. :pac: He messaged me about tattoos, and recommended this forum to me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Haha how helpful.

I don't want to work. :( I'm so sleepy, and I'm working in town so my HR manager will be there all day, so I have to be on the ball all day. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

First rugby match in two years today.
    Absolutely boll0xed. Tackled a fella wrong and hit me head off his head and my top teeth went straight into my gum.
    Me top lip is coming out as far as my nose nearly its that bad. Split on inside. Pretty sore and I'm stiff as a board but glad to be back at it again.
    I'm still sore from yesterday. In a heap. I'm grand when I walk for a while but soon as I sit down I'm in bits. Real stiff and I'm freezing.
    Is it just me? Or is it cold

Good to hear your back to business ;)!! first few games of the season are always the worst!! body need to adjust to getting hammered for 80 minutes :P what position do u play?? we had our first pre-season the weekend before last beat the league champs from 2 seasons before 41-0 so happy days! body was in bits for good few days afterwards haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just won a 50 euro voucher for Wildcat from a quiz Stephens Green shopping centre did on Facebook and am delighted.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

dinorebel wrote: »
    Just won a 50 euro voucher for Wildcat from a quiz Stephens Green shopping centre did on Facebook and am delighted.:D

Damn you! I entered that too :p

gregers85 wrote: »
    Good to hear your back to business ;)!! first few games of the season are always the worst!! body need to adjust to getting hammered for 80 minutes :P what position do u play?? we had our first pre-season the weekend before last beat the league champs from 2 seasons before 41-0 so happy days! body was in bits for good few days afterwards haha

I wasn't even getting hammered for 80 mins though. First game back and wasn't training so was happy to be a sun. Came on as a blood sub first and was put into my normal 2nd centre position and then came off and back on in second half as a my old position of a flanker.
    Basically I'm just a crash ball. I love it
    Just gimme the ball while I'm on the run.
    Il do the rest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just back off my course sampler. Teacher was one of those intense types that drilled facts into my skull. I'm exhausted from listening to her but I learned some good tips on how to assert myself especially when trying to get money back from people dodging me.
    Good day!
    Also:

IT'S A MONDAYYYY: :D:pac:

I wasn't even getting hammered for 80 mins though. First game back and wasn't training so was happy to be a sun. Came on as a blood sub first and was put into my normal 2nd centre position and then came off and back on in second half as a my old position of a flanker.
    Basically I'm just a crash ball. I love it
    Just gimme the ball while I'm on the run.
    Il do the rest :)

Im a back-row myself, usually no.6 but i can play anywhere there! been thrown into second row for my sins a few times as well! A man after my own heart!! i love ball in hand! im a crash forward too haha

Im a back-row myself, usually no.6 but i can play anywhere there! been thrown into second row for my sins a few times as well! A man after my own heart!! i love ball in hand! im a crash forward too haha

No better way to play. Take it up the centre and pick out the biggest fcuker there and run over him. Make him feel like te smallest on the pitch ha.
    Have to say tho. Other day I realised how unfit I've become from not playing in two years.
    Been focusing too much on weights in gym instead if fitness

No better way to play. Take it up the centre and pick out the biggest fcuker there and run over him. Make him feel like te smallest on the pitch ha.
    Have to say tho. Other day I realised how unfit I've become from not playing in two years.

I focus a lot on weight's aswell but do work in a fair bit of cardio with high intensity training on the threadmill or bike, also a lot of time will work cardio into my weight training.

Measured my heart rate the other week which is down to a standing heart rate of 54 beats a minute which I'm well happy with. Hoping to get that down more though.

I focus a lot on weight's aswell but do work in a fair bit of cardio with high intensity training on the threadmill or bike, also a lot of time will work cardio into my weight training.

Measured my heart rate the other week which is down to a standing heart rate of 54 beats a minute which I'm well happy with. Hoping to get that down more though.

My mate is the same. But I tell him all the time. I find cardio way too boring.
    Dunno why I just do. Probably cuz joggin or been on the bike I'm in the same spot.
    But yet I love cycling especially around the mountains and viewing all the sites and wildlife. I used to go through the forests on my bike. Used to take me ages to get thru but was good

Yeh its a completely different type of fitness!! few games under your belt and you'll be good to go man! you should look into rugby league! I played few years back its a great game! boring as hell to watch but its great fun to play! its all crash ball and smas tackles!! there's a team in tallaght too, tallaght tigers! the league is a summer league so doesnt interfere with the union!! keep u good nd fit over the summer too ;)

i dont do any cardio in the gym! get it all done tues nd thurs on the pitch and as part of our pre-season we where doing a spinning session in an altitude gym here in limerick!! hardest 45 minutes you'll ever put down haha :P at the moment im rugby training tues and thurs and in gym (weight training) mon, wed and fri! my weights is all strength and power based! lot of modified Olympic lifts, compound moves, using a lot of TRX stuff at the mo, its unreal! and bout 20 minutes of core stuff!! its tough out haha

• Advertisement

Yeh its a completely different type of fitness!! few games under your belt and you'll be good to go man! you should look into rugby league! I played few years back its a great game! boring as hell to watch but its great fun to play! its all crash ball and smas tackles!! there's a team in tallaght too, tallaght tigers! the league is a summer league so doesnt interfere with the union!! keep u good nd fit over the summer

I done that two year ago. Because of work commitments I stoppe playing rugby and I played it all year round. Union and then summer was league and I preferred league cuz it was all crash ball. My kinda game. We won the Leinster that year. Final was one of the most intense games I've played. And my glanza was robbed that night so I was in the height of it.

My mate is the same. But I tell him all the time. I find cardio way too boring.
    Dunno why I just do. Probably cuz joggin or been on the bike I'm in the same spot.
    But yet I love cycling especially around the mountains and viewing all the sites and wildlife. I used to go through the forests on my bike. Used to take me ages to get thru but was good

Yeh I hear ya that why I find high intensity helps keep it interesting because I'm constantly watching the clock counting down sprint for 30 jog for 30 kinda thing. Or just work it into my weights like today was done 5 sets of 12 reps barbell squats and in between each rep was doing 10 box jumps never taking a break.

Yeh that does look good a lot of my friends are big into cycling both on mountain trails and I always have car stuff or tattoo's I want more for my spare cash :pac:.

i dont do any cardio in the gym! get it all done tues nd thurs on the pitch and as part of our pre-season we where doing a spinning session in an altitude gym here in limerick!! hardest 45 minutes you'll ever put down haha :P at the moment im rugby training tues and thurs and in gym (weight training) mon, wed and fri! my weights is all strength and power based! lot of modified Olympic lifts, compound moves, using a lot of TRX stuff at the mo, its unreal! and bout 20 minutes of core stuff!! its tough out haha

You're just a bleeding machine though :pac:, does sound tough and impressive in equal measures how much time I spend in the gym varies from week to week due to the shifts I work, try get at least 4 times a week though. Only was there yesterday and today so I can get the gym twice more before Friday ill be happy enough.

An altitude gym, sound interesting and tough in equal measures :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Booked in with Skin City for some more work next week, have to say that the new shop is looking well

Booked in with Skin City for some more work next week, have to say that the new shop is looking well

What ya getting done? Hoping to get in there soon to Michal myself get more work on the arm done, curious to have a look at the new studio aswell, drove by Colour Works during the week have to say the new place looks class.

What ya getting done? Hoping to get in there soon to Michal myself get more work on the arm done, curious to have a look at the new studio aswell, drove by Colour Works during the week have to say the new place looks class.

More work on the arm done by Michal, I'm in the mood to finally get the right arm sleeve finished. Going to get a laurel wreath done on the upper arm, bit of luck ot'll sting a bit less than the last one

More work on the arm done by Michal, I'm in the mood to finally get the right arm sleeve finished. Going to get a laurel wreath done on the upper arm, bit of luck ot'll sting a bit less than the last one

The usual rules apply once done make you way to the ill show you mine thread :). Next bit on my arm is going to be linking chest to arm, which I reckon could be a bit of a biitch up around the collarbone.

The usual rules apply once done make you way to the ill show you mine thread :). Next bit on my arm is going to be linking chest to arm, which I reckon could be a bit of a biitch up around the collarbone.

But of course, yeah I'd say the collarbone might sting a bit. There's a nice little cluster of studios starting to emerge on the North Quays now, Colourwork's new place looks stunning

But of course, yeah I'd say the collarbone might sting a bit. There's a nice little cluster of studios starting to emerge on the North Quays now, Colourwork's new place looks stunning

Yeh and good studios at that, Skin City really need to upgrade though. Haven't seen the new studio but it sounds the business.

Were about's is it? Was keeping an eye out for it the same day I saw Colourworks which does look stunning only problem was I got super jealous :pac:, was sat in traffic outside looking in shutters half down looking at two people getting some work done.

Yeh and good studios at that, Skin City really need to upgrade though. Haven't seen the new studio but it sounds the business.

Were about's is it? Was keeping an eye out for it the same day I saw Colourworks which does look stunning only problem was I got super jealous :pac:, was sat in traffic outside looking in shutters half down looking at two people getting some work done.

It's literally just a few doors up the road from Colourworks. Just after the Capel Street Bridge

• Advertisement

It's literally just a few doors up the road from Colourworks. Just after the Capel Street Bridge

Cheers :), don't know how I managed to miss that so because I was watching like a hawk for it as I drove along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement