Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

P_1 wrote: »
    Ha, so anyway, what about that team X? All they seem to do is use tactic Y all time unit Z?

In other news it looks like the heating may have to be deployed soon.

You know in the last three years or so, I've never had the heating on.

In actual sports news, fecking hell the Seahawks smashed the 49ers. Aren't they meant to be good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I do not knows what you's are talking about but... Man City won and himself is happy so t'was a good night for sport...

I hate having the heating on, would rather put on lovely fleecy jameys and snuggle under a duvet but himself is a heat fiend so I have to suffer central heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Orim wrote: »
    You know in the last three years or so, I've never had the heating on.

In actual sports news, fecking hell the Seahawks smashed the 49ers. Aren't they meant to be good?

Seahawks in Seattle are a totally different beast altogether though, you should have checked out a match when you were over there, meant to be the best NFL crowd atmosphere wise

Seahawks in Seattle are a totally different beast altogether though, you should have checked out a match when you were over there, meant to be the best NFL crowd atmosphere wise

I did :) Went to the raiders preseason game. That's why I was checking the score, I've decided that since I have a game under my belt and a jersey I'm going to follow. Plus I can wind up my mates who care more.

The match was amazing. We got there at least an hour and a half before kick-off and the atmosphere was already cracking. And the cheerleaders, oh my, the cheerleaders :pac:

I did :) Went to the raiders preseason game. That's why I was checking the score, I've decided that since I have a game under my belt and a jersey I'm going to follow. Plus I can wind up my mates who care more.

The match was amazing. We got there at least an hour and a half before kick-off and the atmosphere was already cracking. And the cheerleaders, oh my, the cheerleaders :pac:

Nice :) Have to say that the Seahawks jerseys are things of beauty. Which one did ye get?

• Advertisement

Nice :) Have to say that the Seahawks jerseys are things of beauty. Which one did ye get?

seahawks_nike_home.jpg

Except it's the fan jersey, #12. It's really weird, they don't seem to sell plain jerseys. It's all numbers and names. I thought it was just because I bought it at the stadium shop but I didn't see anyone with a plain jersey.

I suppose it's because they wouldn't look right without the number and it'd be a hassle trying to get numbers for everyone. Still a bit odd though.

I don't think any NFL jerseys go on sale without the player name and numbers, they probably would look too plain. I think its the same with basketball and hockey jerseys, probably just an American thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

There's going to be one final episode of The IT Crowd. I AM SO EXCITED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I feel so sorry for the guy working in the game shop where I work. He started chatting to me yesterday, and told me he's worked 28 out of the last 36 hours, they're out of stock, and if he hasn't got gta back in stock by friday, his life won't be worth living. :pac: then he told me I'm an exceptional lady, because I gave him a lend of a pen. Weird man.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Spent the first night in the new gaff last night. My old room is a feckin' ice box, whereas I woke up this morning feckin' roasting, with no heating on. This is awesome, however I couldn't get back to sleep and came into work early. We've no stuff in the house yet, we just wanted to have a night were we're not shattered after moving.

Now the broadband shopping begins :D

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Now the broadband shopping begins :D

Can ye not get UPC? Poor thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

We won't be needing any telly or phone services, so UPC work out a little expensive on their own just for BB.

I think we'll *have* to go with UPC though. Eircom (and thus, all their resellers) can only offer a whopping 2mb connection. Decisions, decisions :pac:

We won't be needing any telly or phone services, so UPC work out a little expensive on their own just for BB.

I think we'll *have* to go with UPC though. Eircom (and thus, all their resellers) can only offer a whopping 2mb connection. Decisions, decisions :pac:

That's the problem. No one else compares to UPC for speeds. Not using phone and TV is only about a fiver a month extra. I'm 70 at the moment for about 50 quid, which is a little slow but it does the job :pac:

UPC work out cheaper if you take one of their bundles though, could be a win-win though, it's always useful to have a second source for the more awkward to get channels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ugh some people are idiots, was talking about getting my tattoo on Saturday and someone asked how much it was going to cost I said about 400 or 500, when a woman in work pipes in (who has numerous shiit tattoos) about how she knows a place were they work for 50 an hour ( not naming names) and how every artist and studio in town is a rip off and how her friend got a cover up off Rob Mulligan that cost her over 300 for less than an hours work which is clearly bull****.

Wasn't sure whether I wanted to bang my head off a wall or hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

In town in me tin of fruit and it looks like the heavens are gonna open. I'd love to have a sneaky pint but I've to collect the baby when I get home.
    Il be saving me money this week to was t town for the Dublin match this weekend :) roll on weekend

about how she knows a place were they work for 50 an hour

Do they use Dettol for cleaning it off?

Ugh some people are idiots, was talking about getting my tattoo on Saturday and someone asked how much it was going to cost I said about 400 or 500, when a woman in work pipes in (who has numerous shiit tattoos) about how she knows a place were they work for 50 an hour ( not naming names) and how every artist and studio in town is a rip off and how her friend got a cover up off Rob Mulligan that cost her over 300 for less than an hours work which is clearly bull****.

Wasn't sure whether I wanted to bang my head off a wall of hers.

50 an hour would sound about fair for artists and studios that wouldn't be the caliber of the studios in town to be honest. The same way that a Trabant would be cheaper than a Mercedes if you know what I mean.

50 an hour would sound about fair for artists and studios that wouldn't be the caliber of the studios in town to be honest. The same way that a Trabant would be cheaper than a Mercedes if you know what I mean.

I was told the reason behind the tattoos in town being so expensive is because of the rent they've to pay on the studio so they're covering the tattooist and the rent.
    I get mine done for 42 an hour

Do they use Dettol for cleaning it off?

Going by her tattoo's it looks like they could be of that level ;).

I do indeed but it was her stating that everywhere in town is a rip off while her tattoo's are worse than average if I'm being nice and saying yeh should go here.

I actually used the same analogy last night when talking to someone about it and said tattoo's are there for life if I can I want to get the Mercedes everytime and not the Lada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I meant the season has started. I don't pay much attention to footie.
    Sending my sister her first care package from home. she forgot some things so we're sending her extra bits too!

I was told the reason behind the tattoos in town being so expensive is because of the rent they've to pay on the studio so they're covering the tattooist and the rent.
    I get mine done for 42 an hour

Yeah I'd imagine rent would have a fair impact on prices too. Massive difference between renting in the City Center and out in the suburbs.

Just got a message from Hydraulix apologising for the delay in having my tattoo done to look at explaining Tomash had a problem with his laptop and lost all his files he is trying to recover them but if not he will draw it up again tonight and I can pop in tomorrow to have a look.

Three days and counting excitement is building a bit :).

Just got a message from Hydraulix apologising for the delay in having my tattoo done to look at explaining Tomash had a problem with his laptop and lost all his files he is trying to recover them but if not he will draw it up again tonight and I can pop in tomorrow to have a look.

Three days and counting excitement is building a bit :).

What are you getting done again chief?

What are you getting done again chief?

Getting a rough adaption of this, told him I want the general concept of it kept but maybe change it woman aswell. But he can do what he wants with it at the same time if that makes sense, and it will be getting done in black and red. So I'm dying to see how he has adapted it and hopefully I like it, im sure I will.

526771_536847449683498_1783426291_n.jpg

Where's that going Marty?
    Looks pretty cool.
    The change in the mirror is good. I first looked at it thinkin ok it's cool but seen the reflection is changed in the mirror

Just saw this:

Those Germans and their efficiency eh?

Where's that going Marty?
    Looks pretty cool.
    The change in the mirror is good. I first looked at it thinkin ok it's cool but seen the reflection is changed in the mirror

It going to be going on my left calf, first tattoo on my leg so I'm curious to see what the pain is like there :pac:.

It going to be going on my left calf, first tattoo on my leg so I'm curious to see what the pain is like there :pac:.

Plenty of mass between the skin and the bone there so Id say it mightn't be the most painful spot to get done.

• Advertisement

Plenty of mass between the skin and the bone there so Id say it mightn't be the most painful spot to get done.

Yeh that's what I'm thinking myself unless it goes around on to the shin bone I reckon then it may hurt. Sure I'll find out soon enough :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement