Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

A customer gave me a tip! Woo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Esoteric_ wrote: »

A racing tip? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    A racing tip? :pac:

Don't smoke in bed?

Never sh!t a sh!tter?

Never trust a whitey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Don't smoke in bed?

Never sh!t a sh!tter?

Never trust a whitey?

:pac: no, five euro. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Trying to get back into the swing of college life, and then my dog dies. This is really kicking my ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah man, sorry to hear that. :(

<3 dogs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Don't smoke in bed?

Never sh!t a sh!tter?

Never trust a whitey?

My favourite tip ever was Al Bundy's "Watch out for doors" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Shít Angron, sorry to hear about your dog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Condolences Angron.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

:( that sucks Angron :( Dogs are awesome, hate it when they die :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sorry to hear Angron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It going to be going on my left calf, first tattoo on my leg so I'm curious to see what the pain is like there :pac:.

It's a breeze, honestly :)
    Angron wrote: »
    Trying to get back into the swing of college life, and then my dog dies. This is really kicking my ass.

Sorry to hear, bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just bought a onesie to combat the chill of my boiler-less house. I HAVE NEVER KNOWN SUCH COMFORT D:

Anyone see that 'protest' in town? A load of people have gone full retard with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What was the protest over?

Angron wrote: »
    What was the protest over?

The usual anti-austerity stuff, I watched a stream of it earlier, probably one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I ****ing hate just general anti-austerity protests. You want to end austerity? Then maybe trying figuring out some ways, make suggestions or at least protest over specific policies etc. Don't just scream 'Austerity is bad' and expect anything to happen. The Occupy Galway camp was there about ten months and they had signs all around about bankers and the country going to **** and it's all true but them being there did nothing about it. The only useful thing they did was supply people too drunk to go home with a place to sleep. I'm all for protesting and activism but protest for protest sake is useless.

I ****ing hate just general anti-austerity protests. You want to end austerity? Then maybe trying figuring out some ways, make suggestions or at least protest over specific policies etc. Don't just scream 'Austerity is bad' and expect anything to happen. The Occupy Galway camp was there about ten months and they had signs all around about bankers and the country going to **** and it's all true but them being there did nothing about it. The only useful thing they did was supply people too drunk to go home with a place to sleep. I'm all for protesting and activism but protest for protest sake is useless.

That's foolish. We all know the country will be perfect if we all just stopped taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

So sorry to hear about your dog Angron :( Took me a long time to get over my old dog, she was the best worker I've ever had the pleasure of working alongside - but I suppose everyone says that about their own pet :)

If ya wanna reminisce, I'd be happy to talk dogs through PM's :)

Getting a bit chilly in the evenings. Think we're gonna get loads of snow this year following our warm winter.

Looking forward to tomorrow, youth rock climbing is back. Great bunch of kids who say the funniest of things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Sorry about your Angron, that's ****.

Most lecturers, when telling you how much more of you is expected in final year and what work has to be done manage to focus and motivate you. The Market Research lecturer literally terrified everyone. We all came out of that class thinking 'Why am I doing this?' It's my best choice of the electives but **** I am scaaaaaared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry to hear about your dog Angron :(

The calf killed me... but then again I am a wuss girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Very sorry to hear about your dog Angron, it's always really tough when a pet dies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Angron, Sorry about your dog.

The protests are a good idea. It's just that all the wrong people turn up and the general public get involved unless the next budget really shafts us. But thats for a different forum.

I'm SLOWLY building up a tattoo fund but its gonna take me forever.

FoxyVixen wrote: »

Getting a bit chilly in the evenings. Think we're gonna get loads of snow this year following our warm winter.

Sshhhh don't say that I hate the snow sure it looks pretty but it's a pain in the ass makes driving a nightmare traffic traffic everywhere last time it snowed badly my drive to work which takes 5 to 10 minutes took me over an hour of sat in traffic jams, plus my new car is rear wheel drive would make driving in the snow interesting

Yesss Last Action Hero is on Sky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sorry to hear about your dog Angron. It's always **** when a pet dies :(

One of his best. It's a shame it flopped and doesn't get the recognition for being a great deconstruction of the genre, even if it is a bit obvious.

Also this is pretty cool and thought provoking I love the awkward looks at the end.

Orim wrote: »
    One of his best. It's a shame it flopped and doesn't get the recognition for being a great deconstruction of the genre, even if it is a bit obvious.

I don't think it did at the time, but I think over the years it become somewhat of a cult classic.

Fair play to Arnie for having the sense of humour to go along with it, one of my favorites aswell.

• Advertisement

I don't think it did at the time, but I think over the years it become somewhat of a cult classic.

Don't think it flopped? I'm fairly certain it did.

Nice video btw. I wonder where they got the figure from because it's nearly impossible to estimate how much trafficking is going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement