Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orim wrote: »
    Don't think it flopped? I'm fairly certain it did.

Nice video btw. I wonder where they got the figure from because it's nearly impossible to estimate how much trafficking is going on.

No sorry I know it flopped I meant it didn't get the the recognition it deserved at the time but over the years appreciation has grown for it ;).

Yeh I'd say it just a rough estimate just more about getting the point across, the amount of women trafficked worldwide is near impossible to keep track off.

Love these think these would make cool tattoo's :), anytime I see a cool pic first thought ooh that could be a class looking tattoo

13877_640763689291873_57525500_n.jpg

1236162_638114299556812_1681484143_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

anytime I see a cool pic first thought ooh that could be a class looking tattoo

Lately I've noticed that anytime I see a girl with tats, I check out the tats before I check out the girl :o

Orim wrote: »
    Lately I've noticed that anytime I see a girl with tats, I check out the tats before I check out the girl :o

:pac: I've often done the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Sorry about your dog, angron :(

The last few days have been.. eventful, to say the least. Can't wait til this bloody week is over.

Tomorrow off work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Yesss Last Action Hero is on Sky :D

Love the soundtrack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Loved that film when I was younger
    Had a thing for Kelly Preston for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Home at last. Awesome day. Got some aussie bbq, bought a new jacket and a game, stopped in for a gander at Colourworks and Skin City, had a pint in the black sheep.

SOA is downloading and I'm going to roll a smoke and chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Sshhhh don't say that I hate the snow sure it looks pretty but it's a pain in the ass makes driving a nightmare traffic traffic everywhere last time it snowed badly my drive to work which takes 5 to 10 minutes took me over an hour of sat in traffic jams, plus my new car is rear wheel drive would make driving in the snow interesting

Butbutbutbut, the snow is pretty!!

And we get to ski in the country without needing to hit the Alps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Snow this winter is more than likely going to happen. (climate change masters :P )

I'm knackered this week, antibiotics ruin me! Doing nothing but housework...not like I've a reason to be tired!

Sorry to hear about your dog Angron, hope you are ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That Donegal postman said there's going to be snow this year, I don't think he's been wrong yet. Just sayin...

FoxyVixen wrote: »

:pac: butbutbutbut it's a right pain in the arse.

Got GTA today first time Xbox has gone on in yonks and well my eyes are feeling a bit wonky after a serious session of gaming, everything got put on hold for today :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Got gta myself the other day, waiting til I have more than one day off before get playing, otherwise I'll end up calling sick into work to play some more. :o

Watchin the quiet man.
    What a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Facecrack suggested I join the group Ladies Appreciation of Beards in Ireland Association (LABIA). Which I thought was a pretty funny acronym :D

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Got gta myself the other day, waiting til I have more than one day off before get playing, otherwise I'll end up calling sick into work to play some more. :o

It's just slightly addictive :).

Off to see the Manic Street Preachers tonight should be good, be weird not drinking though at a gig definitely a first for me. Be worth it tomorrow though when I'm getting the tattoo :).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

FoxyVixen wrote: »

We don't get enough snow to ski/snowboard here without ripping the arse out of skis/snowboards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

We don't get enough snow to ski/snowboard here without ripping the arse out of skis/snowboards. :(

Then you should consider emigrating to the country for the few weeks it snows ;)

Though it can be difficult getting down hills in a car to do the grocery shop, :o, turns into real life GTA driving and makes life a little more interesting :pac:

And home from bringing the gf from work and seen 4 little sh!ts walking around the corner with a pallet.
    I said to her that's my pallet that was in the garden.
    So I flew back around and they dropped it and ran off bar one.
    I told him next time he's in my garden il break his legs.
    She was giving out because its only a pallet. I couldn't give a sh!t about the pallet but they were in my garden robbing something.
    Principle of the thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus, I'm hungover. Comedy gig was great craic last night, though. Dave Young plucked my granny out of the audience and made her do some sexy dancing.
    It was HYSTERICAL. XD

• Advertisement

So it begins.... Tattoo time :) only about another 6 or 7 hours to go he reckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

So it begins.... Tattoo time :) only about another 6 or 7 hours to go he reckons.

Don't forget the pics buddy!!!

On another note, went into the boxing club this morning for the usual Saturday morning torture. :o We had a visitor near the end who watched from the sidelines quietly. Afterward he said he hopes he has our stamina and strength when he's our age (cheeky git!! LOL) He has another club and was arranging fights between his students and Dave's (Dave is my coach). As it turned out, it was John Joe Nevin, I didn't recognise him.

Anyhoo, after they were done, he asked me of I'd be interested in a fight. I told him I wouldn't be able for it yet, my fitness level is nowhere near where it was last year. So he said he's arranging something (couldn't say what) and he wants to organise an exhibition bout between Dave and I and asked would we do it. How feckin' cool is that!!?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Tim Pangburn liked the picture of my unfinished Boba Fett tattoo on Instagram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Hungry........... Dunno what to eat......... TBH not sure if even hungry or just bored. :o Ah decisions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i was hoping to go to the london tattoo convention with the wife for our anniversary next week but we'd a lot of unexpected finances this month which has left us pretty broke :(

maybe i'll win the lotto tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Galway convention is savage everybody needs to come next year. Chris jones is winning this by a billion miles so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was around for a while, mainly hanging out at my friend's booth. Some of the work was pretty nice, and I think I might get something pierced at the AWOL one tomorrow if I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

P.K.M. That's fantastic!

Marty - hope the tattoo is finished now, hurry up and post pics!

dodderangler - I'd have done the same, some bastards robbed my wheelie bin before, wouldn't mind but it was full of rubbish, they used it for a fire to drink their cans around.

Hybrid Theory - I'm eating ALL the food today... just had three Jaffa Cakes and had to restrain myself from eating the whole packet... waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can open my stash of nachos and salsa... yum... really need to stop though :\

baron von something - I'm winning the lotto tonight sorry, but I'll pay for you and your wife to go to the convention.

As I said above, eating ALL the food... this hunger is uncontrollable... and it's only in the evenings because during the day I'm too nauseous to eat anything...

Juus home, took just over 6 hours wasnt to bad apart from the last twenty minutes but white highlight are always a pain in the ass.

But I absolutely love it, thrilllled to bits with it, after all the watercolour talk the last few days theres a bit of water colour element to the tattoo :). Tomash is one seriously talented artist, and quick to :). He took a few pics himself to put up on facebook so hopefully he throws them up soon because if I try take a pic of my own leg it just wont look right.
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    Don't forget the pics buddy!!!

On another note, went into the boxing club this morning for the usual Saturday morning torture. :o We had a visitor near the end who watched from the sidelines quietly. Afterward he said he hopes he has our stamina and strength when he's our age (cheeky git!! LOL) He has another club and was arranging fights between his students and Dave's (Dave is my coach). As it turned out, it was John Joe Nevin, I didn't recognise him.

Anyhoo, after they were done, he asked me of I'd be interested in a fight. I told him I wouldn't be able for it yet, my fitness level is nowhere near where it was last year. So he said he's arranging something (couldn't say what) and he wants to organise an exhibition bout between Dave and I and asked would we do it. How feckin' cool is that!!?? :eek:

Not that I needed further proof but the fact you impressed him with your boxing is just further evidence that I don't ever want to get on your bad side :pac:
    fewtins wrote: »
    Galway convention is savage everybody needs to come next year. Chris jones is winning this by a billion miles so far.

Yeh have to say they got some great artists, better line up than the Dublin one imo. Whats Chris do that has him winning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Sounds awesome Marty. He's done some cool star wars piece. The lad from fat cat in Sligo has done an awesome piece as well. only 2 out of 4 of ghost house collective showed up which kinda sucks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement