Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So the new Fifa game has an RRP of €69.99, they can feck right off with that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

fewtins wrote: »
    The lad from fat cat in Sligo has done an awesome piece as well.

Zee always knocks out great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Howdy all. Cool time lapse vid of Pawel from Skin City, just popped up, thought I'd share.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Great video Orim, nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Pretty sure I played the best game of my life today. Couldn't get me out of a ruck and whenever we scored they kicked back and always fell to me ( playing as a flanker) and whenever I caught it I was in one of those " get out of me fcuking way" moods.
    Bulldozing lads over. Making about 20-30 yards each carry.
    Sick I gave up rugby two year ago but delighted to be back
    Today was a day that I played with my team that actually played proper rugby and like a team. No one loaners about mistakes. Coming up in a defensive flat line and barging thru lads. Delighted we won and proud to be playing again.
    The match wa recorded so when its uploaded il put in the URL folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

How late in the evening does the convention go on for? Stupid work getting in the way. I finish at 6 and don't know if it'd be worth my while going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It was 11 last night but like 8 I think today so yeah probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

fewtins wrote: »
    It was 11 last night but like 8 I think today so yeah probably not.

Feck. Ah well, maybe next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Didn't manage to make it to the convention myself for a few reasons. Bit disappointed but I've been having a good day and it's so sunny I can't really complain.

Edit: Apparenrtly I clicked multi quote a while back and then never used it till now. Whoops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAYO :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

G'wan Dublin! :D

How bout that local sports team?

Orim wrote: »
    How bout that local sports team?

Go team! Might have to go easy on the sporting related 'banter' with my dad this evening though. Some Dub GAA fans are the worst kind of winners at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

GO, DUBLIN!!

Go whichever team means I can stop hearing about this! (I know it ended ages ago but I'm not sure if Mayo losing means people will shut up about it or if I'll have to endure listening to people lamenting the loss...)

Go whichever team means I can stop hearing about this! (I know it ended ages ago but I'm not sure if Mayo losing means people will shut up about it or if I'll have to endure listening to people lamenting the loss...)

To be honest if you're in Galway I'd say you're likely to be hearing Gaah heads gloating about it for a few weeks yet

P_1 wrote: »
    To be honest if you're in Galway I'd say you're likely to be hearing Gaah heads gloating about it for a few weeks yet
    No everyone in Galway has been supporting Mayo. The amount of Mayo jerseys and flags I've seen recently. I even saw a house earlier today with Mayo bunting. >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This dress- I MUST HAVE IT!
    308005_257436914390611_1840675746_n.jpg
    Going mad window shopping on eBay and Facebook. Thing is even when I *do* have the money to get nice clothes I usually have nowhere to wear them out to. :/ I wonder if this dress will go with my Doc Martens?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alas, the team that should have won didn't.

Angron wrote: »

No it's okay Seahawks are winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus just noticed my ankle is swollen up like a balloon :( not sure if my leg is or not harder to tell. Not sure if its from the tattoo or just because I'm walking a bit funny on the leg. That's a first for me :pac:.

Any photos yet Marty? Dying to see how this came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Any photos yet Marty? Dying to see how this came out.

Nah sorry none yet :(, he said he was going to throw them up on Facebook I'll give him a few days if not ill try find someone to take a pic of my leg for me. It's virtually impossible to do it myself well a decent pic anyway trust me I've tried :pac:had friends asking me to send them pics.

Angron wrote: »

As I always say.
    In order for Dublin to win a game they have to lose the first half.
    I knew they'd win when mayo were ahead at half time.
    Well deserved win. Worked hard despite the ref being on mayo side

Orim wrote: »
    No it's okay Seahawks are winning.

What they're currently doing to Jacksonville is illegal in several southern states :pac:

P_1 wrote: »
    What they're currently doing to Jacksonville is illegal in several southern states :pac:

Are they gay?

?? Where we watching the same game?

The ref should have been handing out more red cards with how the Dub lads set the standard.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    ?? Where we watching the same game?

The ref should have been handing out more red cards with how the Dub lads set the standard.

Yes Dublin fouled more but ffs he gave mayo free kicks when there was no need.
    Mayo seemed very easy to go to ground.
    Mayo dominated first half.
    Dubs the second.
    Mayo had a free near last kick of the game and he went for the point?
    Why didn't he try hammer it low towards goal or into the box to try for goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

As I always say.
    In order for Dublin to win a game they have to lose the first half.
    I knew they'd win when mayo were ahead at half time.
    There is no county that's deserved to win the All-Ireland more in the last few years than Mayo.

Besides, I find Dublin gaa teams insufferable. The Dublin uber alles thing that strikes whenever they win anything, it's awful.

• Advertisement

Yes Dublin fouled more but ffs he gave mayo free kicks when there was no need.
    Mayo seemed very easy to go to ground.
    Mayo dominated first half.
    Dubs the second.
    Mayo had a free near last kick of the game and he went for the point?
    Why didn't he try hammer it low towards goal or into the box to try for goal.

Plenty of fouls went un noticed on Mayos front line. They were given free kicks on soft touches that didn't matter. Dub players were laying in kicks with the ref right there ignoring it and just handed yellow cards. One or two players had no right to be on that pitch if they needed to play dirty. Bad sportsmanship.

Why would he hammer it in? There were four players on the goal line plus the goalie with seconds to spare. He made the right choice to say they lost by a point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement