Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

P_1 wrote: »
    €1.50 for 3 liters? That sounds pretty damn rough on the head and stomach the day after tbh :eek:

1.50 for 3 litres???
    Has to be devils bit.
    Tears the stomach off ya.
    I actually drank 4 cans of it yesterday just to save money.
    Woke up this morning with a horrible dry throat and I was starving.
    I usually don't be like that when I drink bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

€1.50 for 3 liters? That sounds pretty damn rough on the head and stomach the day after tbh :eek:
    1.50 for 3 litres???
    Has to be devils bit.
    Tears the stomach off ya.
    I actually drank 4 cans of it yesterday just to save money.
    Woke up this morning with a horrible dry throat and I was starving.
    I usually don't be like that when I drink bulmers

Oh it was but sure I was fifteen, I'd drink anything. :P Was Tesco own brand but I drank a fair bit of Devil's bit and all. I think if you set it in front of me now I'd get sick just looking at it. Nasty nasty stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember having something before, I think it might have been called Blackthorn or something. It was like drinking liquid hate, it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Think I remember that, wasn't it clear or something, absolute rocket fuel but leaves ye fcuked the morning after?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't remember really, it was a few years ago now. I have the distinct feeling I was a bit delicate the morning after though.

• Advertisement

I drank 5 pints during the match earlier and went to my mates gaf and had 7 cans of rotten Bavaria.
    Pretty sure I'm sober now. Lager never seems to get me drunk.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I enjoy having a pint bottle of Bulmers Light, with a dash of blackcurrant. I can't drink it very fast, so it's handy for those nights where I only want one or two!

Car died last night, feckin' thing is parked up now. Going on holidays on Thursday though, going to Ibiza! I'll feel so out of place with the smelly rocker head on me :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Only 25 days til I fly off to the seychelles for eighteen days! :D

Up and ready for college well in advance...this is weird. Watched Breaking Bad this morning...one more epispode. I'm going to miss it so much! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I don't really drink. Anything I ever drink makes me sick within an hour. I wouldn't mind if I got hangovers but I usually spend the night throwing up if I have drank. the only drink that doesn't make me ill is gin but I have to really want a drink now to drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have to stop drinking. I got so drunk that I fell, hit my head so hard I knocked myself out and ended up in hospital last sunday. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I have to stop drinking. I got so drunk that I fell, hit my head so hard I knocked myself out and ended up in hospital last sunday. :o

Nasty. Any lasting effects?

I once drunkenly fell down a flight of stairs and knocked a tooth and a half out of my mouth :rolleyes:

Worst thing I've really had when drinking was when I was taking care of a friend that got a bit too drunk. He started complaining of being cold, so I took off my hoodie to put on him, and as I was pulling it over his head he vomited in it.

Angron wrote: »
    Worst thing I've really had when drinking was when I was taking care of a friend that got a bit too drunk. He started complaining of being cold, so I took off my hoodie to put on him, and as I was pulling it over his head he vomited in it.

There's gratitude for ya :pac:

I know, bastards the lot of them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I drank lots of vodka, passed out, while I was naked, and got sick all over the bed in a hotel and crawled my way to the bathroom puking as I went.

Beautiful :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I haven't done anything like that really. I feel like I haven't lived!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I've fallen from the roof of a pub, puked blood, ya know zee usual

I've never done much worse than gotten sick and then fell asleep on a person but I was once at house party where one person set another on fire and then managed to put it out without her noticing. She did have questions the next morning though when she found the giant hole in her hood...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

When I was 17 I got absolutely plastered, somehow got into a club, passed out on the dancefloor and a bouncer carried me out. My friend brought me back to hers and put me into the spare room. I woke up the next morning terrified cause I had NO IDEA where I was, no recollection of anything after standing in the queue for the club, and I was covered in puke and blood :o

Heh, one of my housemates last week was talking to me the day after they'd gone out. I'd gotten home before they went out, talked to them for a few minutes, and they had no recollection of it. They don't remember leaving the house, or coming back. I dunno how people get that drunk, I've never drank enough that I've blanked on parts of the night altogether, and I drank a bottle of jager on my own once.

Angron wrote: »
    Heh, one of my housemates last week was talking to me the day after they'd gone out. I'd gotten home before they went out, talked to them for a few minutes, and they had no recollection of it. They don't remember leaving the house, or coming back. I dunno how people get that drunk, I've never drank enough that I've blanked on parts of the night altogether, and I drank a bottle of jager on my own once.

****. I regularly have alcohol induced holes in my memory.

Actually don't remember the moment I met my gf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I've never been that drunk. I was walking around mantra one night with the receipt of a shot on my forehead so I could remember what to ask the barman...friends made me get sick and put me in a taxi and brought me home. Once and only time that happened!
    I've only been properly drunk about 5 times, and at that, it was mild. Had two shots at the debs, in my naivety I thought that because they were small I would be fine....

****. I regularly have alcohol induced holes in my memory.

Actually don't remember the moment I met my gf :pac:

I remember the exact moment an song I met my gf to.
    About half 1 in morning I was in nightclub and was dancing to solja boy crank that.
    Tried getting her to dance with me an she just kept laughin at me.
    Eventually just grabbed her to dance and rest is history as they say

Worst I've done when drunk was destroy my flat in an angry rage. Aand that's why I try to avoid drinking whiskey anymore :o

Yeah, one of my friends tends to get a bit agressive when he drinks whiskey. Thankfully he's aware of it, so he doesn't drink it much any more.

Indeed. I avoid whiskey for this very reason :pac:

A small measure of it over ice is fine, its when the bottle of Jack gets broken open and copious ammounts of said bottle are drank is when the problem starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

when the bottle of Jack gets broken open and copious ammounts of said bottle are drank is when the problem good time starts

FYP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement