Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Angron wrote: »
    I love UPC, makes me sad when I have to go back to Longford, where it's Eircom, or worse.

I hate UPC at the minute.Im having serious broadband issues hence the reason for me not being around much.Tonight its working.Last week I was lucky to be getting 1mb broadband on a 100mbline.

Eventually convinced them as its an intermittent problem and theres an engineer coming out on Saturday to test everything.
    Completely pissed off.

Lets hope he fixes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We were having the same problem for a while, turned out to be a problem with the antenna on the modem. We also had a problem with our phone cutting out every so often, they had to track it for a couple of days and then fixed it.

BTW, I'm not a tech person or anything, he said it was the antenna and I believed him but the problem was fixed :p It was one of those Cisco modems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Could it your router Hellrazer? Check of you're getting decent speeds when you plug it into your computer. I find that the radio signal from wireless routers tends to get banjaxed after a while.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

January wrote: »
    We were having the same problem for a while, turned out to be a problem with the antenna on the modem. We also had a problem with our phone cutting out every so often, they had to track it for a couple of days and then fixed it.

That's exactly my problem.
    Phone drops/broadband drops.then I get crap speeds.In that pic I posted it took 15 minutes for boards.ie to even load.

Hes coming out to put some sort of monitor on the line and track it over a few days.

I hope it gets fixed soon as Im missing out on my illegal downloading of movies / tv shows etc :(:(:(:(

P_1 wrote: »
    Could it your router Hellrazer? Check of you're getting decent speeds when you plug it into your computer. I find that the radio signal from wireless routers tends to get banjaxed after a while.

House is fitted out with cat 5 (did it when we moved in)
    Only things on wireless are my phone and ipad.Everything else is direct cable connection to the modem.It could be the router.Hes replacing it on Saturday as even the Ethernet connection drops when it decides to have a freaker.

Worst part is UPC asked me to ring them the second it happens and then Im on the phone for over an hour every night last week trying to even get through to them.I was on hold one night for 2 hours.

By then its fixed itself.

Frustrating to say the least.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    House is fitted out with cat 5 (did it when we moved in)
    Only things on wireless are my phone and ipad.Everything else is direct cable connection to the modem.It could be the router.Hes replacing it on Saturday as even the Ethernet connection drops when it decides to have a freaker.

Worst part is UPC asked me to ring them the second it happens and then Im on the phone for over an hour every night last week.

By then its fixed itself.

Frustrating to say the least.

Yeah that sounds pretty damn frustrating alright. Guessing here its either a problem with:
    a) The router itself, UPC routers are notorious for being multiple pieces of shít encased in an ugly plastic shell
    b) Something messing up with the wiring going into your house. My dad used to work for Telecom Eireann back when it was called that repairing faults with lines and according to him they went tits up for all sorts of flimsy reasons

Yeah that sounds pretty damn frustrating alright. Guessing here its either a problem with:
    a) The router itself, UPC routers are notorious for being multiple pieces of shít encased in an ugly plastic shell
    b) Something messing up with the wiring going into your house. My dad used to work for Telecom Eireann back when it was called that repairing faults with lines and according to him they went tits up for all sorts of flimsy reasons

Id say personally its the router.
    Its only like that since I upgraded to 100mb and had to get a new router.

On 50mb I don't think I rang support once in 2 years.

Only common denominator is the change in router.

Id say personally its the router.
    Its only like that since I upgraded to 100mb and had to get a new router.

On 50mb I don't think I rang support once in 2 years.

Only common denominator is the change in router.

Yeah sounds like it could well be the router. I'd suggest investing in a new one but I think UPC force you into using their own ones.

Yeah sounds like it could well be the router. I'd suggest investing in a new one but I think UPC force you into using their own ones.

Yep they do.But hes bringing 2 types with him.The Thompson and the Epc3925

Going to test both and see which one works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Have UPC for telly but not broadband. Considering how much trouble we've had with them any time the TV isn't working I wouldn't risk going with them for broadband. Their customer service has improved slightly compared when they were NTL but not by much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i cant get upc or eircoms fibre power in the manor von baron.i'm with smart telecom with supposedly 10mb speeds but have never seen past 3.does the job tho and have never went past my 100gb limit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

We're with UPC and the internet drops all the time. Very annoying, particularly when they say that there is nothing wrong with it.

Couldn't sleep last night, was asleep by 9.30, woke at 10.30 and was awake until 3, up at 7. Fell asleep for an hour or so this afternoon but still banjaxed. Writing up this bio for work and off to the land of noddy nod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't had any problems with UPC myself, guess I've been lucky or something.

I've found with UPC, the closer you are to the middle of Dublin, the better and more reliable the service.

so the wee hen was greeted with this when she woke up this morning

561554_10151629885450965_644486090_n_zps08708084.jpg

which led into this

1238282_10151629885510965_1804876603_n_zps2c92bbdb.jpg

sometimes i sicken myself when i get rosemantic

Show off. :p

sometimes i sicken myself when i get rosemantic

We all know what youre looking for ;);)

We all know what youre looking for ;);)

and it worked :)

gonna drop by the new skin city shop early next week for a lazer session and to check the place out.the new artists are fairly churning out some good ink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Awwww :)

My OH had a lovely candlelit meal with three full courses waiting for me when I came home a few weeks back. Needless to say he got the extra special fun times as a result :pac:

Turns out that job was a paying one bur given to another candidate. They took 4 people back to put on the internship as they need another set of hands and it's free training for them. Whether I take the offer or not, they're keeping me on file for if/when another vacancy arises.

Met the team today and to be quite honest, it looks like a good place to work. He's being diligent drawing these interviews for two months due to the fact that he can't afford to hire the wrong person - money or time wise.

A girl working there the last 2yrs came in on an internship and she's got 3 fecking degrees under her!!

To be honest, pro's outweigh the con's regarding it. Now I see myself wanting an internship!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

If I done something like that my oh would simply turn round and say " alright what the fcuk have you done now!!!"

So I don't bother.
    Anyway this hole Arthur's day is a load of my hoop. I hit a free pint earlier which was sound but other than that it was a flop.
    Should only be celebrated on proper anniversary. Not every year. Makes it not exciting.
    Anyway me and the OH went for a few pints in the local and done pub quiz had a laugh and went home happy ( fell sleep even happier ;) ) and I'm now deciding to either sleep or watch a film on the net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

2 hours till tattoo time whoop

Did a FETAC Level 3 in Child Development and Play last year and applied for the level 5 course while I was doing it. Just got a letter saying I wasn't accepted onto the course. Disappointed, but probably for the better since I'm due the baby in April and I'd need to take time off after he/she is born which is right at exam time. Also means I'll just apply straight to the midwifery course through the CAO for next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ouch my head is throbbing memory for last night is hazy to say the least last place I remember being in is Buskers then it looks like memory done a Driminagh burner and left me on my own.

Althoug did get suprised with the best present ever yesterday got told for my 30th which isn't till December I'll be going to London for a weekend and seeing an Arsenal vs Everton it doesn't get much better than that :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Off to Cork for the weekend....

Ouch my head is throbbing memory for last night is hazy to say the least last place I remember being in is Buskers then it looks like memory done a Driminagh burner and left me on my own.

Althoug did get suprised with the best present ever yesterday got told for my 30th which isn't till December I'll be going to London for a weekend and seeing an Arsenal vs Everton it doesn't get much better than that :D.

Some folk would consider that as being cruel and unusual punishment :P

I jest though, nothing better that a weekend spent in London for a match and a rake of pints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Having a pretty good day so far. Spent most of the afternoon tidying around the place and I've been polishing and sorting bits around my room all day. Himself is off in work so It's nice to just potter about! He's been staying with me the last 2 weeks and it's been lovely though!
    Anniversary is on Wednesday so we're gonna go out for the day tomorrow and we'll have a nice dinner on wednesday too. Time has flown by!! can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddddddddddddd done! excluding the solid filler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddddddddddddd done! excluding the solid filler

pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm at the rugby :D

• Advertisement

anybody going to skin citys open night on tuesday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement