Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

January wrote: »
    Domino's pizzaaaaa on the way :D yum

Only home from rugby training now myself. And soon as I finishe I passed chinese and was thinkin man I'd love take away but then thought if pizza now I dunno what t do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Domino's pizzaaaaa on the way :D yum

Great minds think alike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I may be alone in this but I think Dominos is muck nothing but pure grease, I don't want to pick up my slice of pizza and see a mess of grease left underneath on the box.

Sorry :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't get greasy Domino's :eek: maybe it's the branch you're using? The dough is a bit grainy for my liking but I find it's the nicest of the delivery chains... Mizzoni lacks in the sauce/cheese to topping ratio, Apache base is yucky, Pizza Hut Delivery is just muck all over, toppings and base/sauce)... I've never tried Four Star but probably will within the next couple of weeks because they opened up in Blanchardstown recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

gregers85 wrote: »
    my first call to UPC i had a similar experience haha second call guy was grand got me sorted but after working in a call centre for over 3 yrs ill never give out over the phone again haha i feel there pain! and the customer's of course :p

After studying Hotel and Catering Management for over three years I'm quite critical of hotels and restaurants but after working in them I'll never complain. :P Even if I have every right to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I may be alone in this but I think Dominos is muck nothing but pure grease, I don't want to pick up my slice of pizza and see a mess of grease left underneath on the box.

Sorry :pac:.

Don't get pepperoni in that case. Their pepperoni is muck but if you get something else then they can be pretty good. Sausage, olives, onions and maybe one or two more is the way to go.

I don't get greasy Domino's :eek: maybe it's the branch you're using? The dough is a bit grainy for my liking but I find it's the nicest of the delivery chains... Mizzoni lacks in the sauce/cheese to topping ratio, Apache base is yucky, Pizza Hut Delivery is just muck all over, toppings and base/sauce)... I've never tried Four Star but probably will within the next couple of weeks because they opened up in Blanchardstown recently.

Nah I've had Dominos in a few different areas and always found it terrible, although I don'tlike any of the Pizza chains really Four Star, Mizzoni's etc the only one I would eat and enjoy really is Papa John's but gladly Clondalkin has a lovely independent pizza place that is delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I love the chorizo, sun blush baby tomatoes and sweet chilli peppers with mushroom and onions :D

Orim wrote: »
    Don't get pepperoni in that case. Their pepperoni is muck but if you get something else then they can be pretty good. Sausage, olives, onions and maybe one or two more is the way to go.

Yeh maybe it's the pepperoni I tend to get pepperoni on my pizzas all the time if im getting one.

I love the chorizo, sun blush baby tomatoes and sweet chilli peppers with mushroom and onions :D

Chorizo yum yum :D, I've taken to making meatza's lately tasty without the nasty carbs :pac: and always put plenty of Chorizo on it.

• Advertisement

Nah I've had Dominos in a few different areas and always found it terrible, although I don'tlike any of the Pizza chains really Four Star, Mizzoni's etc the only one I would eat and enjoy really is Papa John's but gladly Clondalkin has a lovely independent pizza place that is delicious.

Plenty of people say papa johns is dirt but I think its the nicest one out there and the only one that'll fill me up. Now giving it'll take me a 14 inch pizza usually chicken, smokey bacon and sausage pizza with about 4 garlic dips and a cold coke to fill me but does a hell of alot better than dominoes so yes defo +1 on papa johns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

jesus i love pizza!!! tempting...... very very tempting..

I usually dont go to any of the "branded" places, go a small local take away pizza place, polish guy owns it, its the job!

I usually dont go to any of the "branded" places, go a small local take away pizza place, polish guy owns it, its the job!

All this fcuking talk of pizza has me starving. I have a pizza in the freezer there I might put on. Bit of pigeon breast to go on it aswell

Yeah, I go to a place called Pizza Time usually. Not a chain. Proper pizzas. Flame powered oven etc.

It's just the deals in Domino's was too easy on the wallet tonight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

My favourite pizzas are from the local place too, really nice bases, plenty of cheese but not greasy at all, and they don't skimp on the toppings either. Nommy :D

If I'm going for a pizza from the local place, it's just plain cheese I get. I load the toppings on to the likes of Domino's and Four Star to give it some bit of flavour :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just don't go on beta blockers if they ask you.

I suffer big time from migraines and I tried beta blockers but they fook you up big time.

Just learn to find the first signs..in my case its my bottom lip starts to kinda quiver and within say 10 minutes a full blown sit in a dark room migraine.

If I get 2 neurofen plus into me when I notice that lip quiver I don't get the migraine.I keep 2 in my pocket just in case.

I've heard the beta blockers are brutal. I'm on half inderall but I don't know much about it. I can't seem to see any signs which is the worst part! :( thanks for the advice it is really appreciated!

Just in bed now after finishing the first night of couch to 5k. Bloody delighted with myself!! Gonna read more of my book now. Taking my time reading lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring. I want to finish it soon though.
    It's my anniversary tomorrow :)

kellief wrote: »
    Just in bed now after finishing the first night of couch to 5k. Bloody delighted with myself!! Gonna read more of my book now. Taking my time reading lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring. I want to finish it soon though.

Ha I'm reading that as well. Should be finished tonight I think.

Yay anniversary. Any plans?

Ha I'm reading that as well. Should be finished tonight I think.

Yay anniversary. Any plans?

I'm taking ages reading it!
    We went shopping together on saturday and we are going out for a lovely dinner tomorrow night all dolled up! :) it will be 8 years :D

• Advertisement

Sounds lovely. Hope ye have a great night.

Sounds lovely. Hope ye have a great night.

Thanks! What do you think of the lotr books?

Thanks! What do you think of the lotr books?

I love them. Probably my favourite book. The copy I'm reading at the moment I got on my 17 bday and it's in absolute tatters :o It's missing the front cover and front pages to halfway through the index.

Anyone seen this? http://www.sleeplessinaustin.com/

This guy would hate me. Actually he wouldn't be a fan of anyone here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got about four hours sleep last night and absolutely knackered. Want to sleep so bad but need to study more. Reading and taking notes on a chapter for my first lecture tomorrow. Feckin' thing is almost thirty pages long.

Congrats on the anniversary :).

How did the first night running go? Good on ya once you're delighted with yourself the motivation to keep going should be easy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just had the inheritance talk after my Gran's removal, slightly distasteful in my eyes but the long and short is that I've been left 2 grand to buy a car with. Been looking at 01-02 3 Series's but I can't help but wonder if they're a recipe for motoring related heartache.

P_1 wrote: »
    Just had the inheritance talk after my Gran's removal, slightly distasteful in my eyes but the long and short is that I've been left 2 grand to buy a car with. Been looking at 01-02 3 Series's but I can't help but wonder if they're a recipe for motoring related heartache.

Like all cars get it checked over and check it out for a good service history and a car that looks like its been given plenty of TLC. But it is getting harder and might take you a while to find a clean e46 3 series but patience is key.

Congrats on the anniversary :).

How did the first night running go? Good on ya once you're delighted with yourself the motivation to keep going should be easy :).

Thanks! It was grand actually! Face like a tomato and I did moan "fck sske" once or twice but I did it! I'm determined to get back into it so it's as good a motivator as any!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Like all cars get it checked over and check it out for a good service history and a car that looks like its been given plenty of TLC. But it is getting harder and might take you a while to find a clean e46 3 series but patience is key.

Yeah patience might be the key alright, the few I've looked at all seem to have some fairly hefty mileage clocked up too. Is it best to go with a dealer or a private seller for Beamers or am I mad and should get something a bit smaller?

• Advertisement

Thanks! It was grand actually! Face like a tomato and I did moan "fck sske" once or twice but I did it! I'm determined to get back into it so it's as good a motivator as any!

:pac::pac: face like a tomato just means you're doing it right :). Sure is:).

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah patience might be the key alright, the few I've looked at all seem to have some fairly hefty mileage clocked up too. Is it best to go with a dealer or a private seller for Beamers or am I mad and should get something a bit smaller?

It all depends on what you're after I used to hate BMW's but haven't looked back since I got mine love it, love the drive although have been seeing a lot more of petrol stations these days :pac:.

At that price dealer or private seller it's all the same really just get it checked out either way neither will be more trustworthy or more honest really.

Have a think about what you use the car for, how much mileage, diesel or petrol. Function or pleasure. Me I think I will always want a car that puts a smile on my face everytime I start the engine whether it be 50 year old or new small or big engine. I've only ever had one car I hated an Astra when you have a car you love you would be suprised how much passion you can get for it :pac:.

You should start a thread in the motors forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement