Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

January wrote: »
    There is no hype... turn it off... Tripe.

Don't like One Direction or Twilight? You must be having a great time with three(?) daughters :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep three daughters, they don't know about Twilight yet... and we shall keep it that way for as long as possible...

One Direction though... the 4 (she'll be 5 in December) year old keeps begging me to get tickets to their concert next year and while I'd love to be able to bring her to her first concert I think she's a bit young for Croke Park.

If you get seats, I'd doubt it'd be too bad. Can't see the crowd being too wild :pac:

Plus you get to watch all the dads losing the will to live (although you'll be joining them)

1376363702594.cached.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Haha :D I just think she'd be too tired before the concert was even over! I'll see how she is closer to the time, although the baby will be at most 4 weeks old if I don't go overdue... we'll see how we get on. She was happy enough with the movie (I didn't get to see much of that because my 3 year old kept needing the toilet... )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Stupid curry ruined my ambition of chewing on a big steak. Guess il get one tomoro after work.
    Floating thru the stations and twilight is on and just realised Robert Pattinson is god awful ugly
    Kirsten Stewart Ain't great looking yet has two blokes fighting over her.
    I've never seen it before so I may keep watching it see what the hype is

The hype is Bella is so bland that every desperate tween watching it can project themselves onto her and imagine they have a boyfriend as dreamy as Edward...even though he's a controlling, borderline abusive asshole who's over a hundred. Or if they're not into him they can pretend to have a best friend as muscly and possessive as Jacob who won't take no for an answer.

As well as being tripe it manages to send the absolute worst messages to young girls. And I say this as someone who did genuinely like the books for a period in my teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

South Park the movie is on
    I feel like a kid again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Lads what's yer opinion on Colin Dowlings work? Want a piece with vivid colour but dont have the money or time to go to colourworks. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

He knocks out some pretty slick trad pieces.

Getting new ink!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Lads what's yer opinion on Colin Dowlings work? Want a piece with vivid colour but dont have the money or time to go to colourworks. :/
    Traditional and Japanese he's very good!! i was booked with him for saturday just gone but had to cancel :mad::mad: i will def be booking with him if he comes back!!! :D
    Getting new ink!! :D
    did u book with Colin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gregers85 wrote: »
    Traditional and Japanese he's very good!! i was booked with him for saturday just gone but had to cancel :mad::mad: i will def be booking with him if he comes back!!! :D

Say you were gutted having to cancel, adding more to the sleeve was it?

I received a mail of Lukasz assistant today he has appointments available the 23rd of December :eek: way sooner that I thought but I can't do it :( to close to Christmas and to soon after London trying to get booked in for February or March.

He seems fairly cheap aswell only 250 euro a session which I was suprised by to be honest unless the piece he has in mind needs a few sessions of coarse which I'm trying to suss out I don't think it should really.

He seems fairly cheap aswell only 250 euro a session which I was suprised by to be honest unless the piece he has in mind needs a few sessions of coarse which I'm trying to suss out I don't think it should really.

What's a session count as? I mean it's great if he'll do a long but he might restrict it to 3 or 4 hours.

Although, it might just be that much cheaper. I know a guy in the process of getting a back piece done in the Czech Republic and even with flights back and forth, it's way cheaper then anything you'd get over here.

Orim wrote: »
    What's a session count as? I mean it's great if he'll do a long but he might restrict it to 3 or 4 hours.

Although, it might just be that much cheaper. I know a guy in the process of getting a back piece done in the Czech Republic and even with flights back and forth, it's way cheaper then anything you'd get over here.

Yeh I'm waiting to hear back kind of awkward having to message him and his assistant at the same time, messaging her to ask how long each session last whilst messaging him to ask how many he thinks it will need. I'm hoping one or two max and maybe extend my stay in Poland by a couple of days when booking it all up.

Yeh I'm also thinking maybe it just that bit cheaper in Poland and he is probably considered dear over there. Ill find out in time I guess.

did u book with Colin?

Nope with Stewart in Danny Bullmanns. He did a brill job :D

Say you were gutted having to cancel, adding more to the sleeve was it?

I received a mail of Lukasz assistant today he has appointments available the 23rd of December :eek: way sooner that I thought but I can't do it :( to close to Christmas and to soon after London trying to get booked in for February or March.

Ya i was gutted to say the least!! yeh i was getting my elbow and some filler between my chest and arm around the armpit area done!

Ah thats a pity! you getting tattoo'd at London convention?

Is it just me or is Catherine zita jones ridiculously hot in zorro :)

Ya i was gutted to say the least!! yeh i was getting my elbow and some filler between my chest and arm around the armpit area done!

Ah thats a pity! you getting tattoo'd at London convention?

Any idea when he will be back?

No looks like ill be flying to Krakow to get the piece done all going to plan anyway. Looking at it if I do go think I will have to visit Auschwitz while I'm there.
    Is it just me or is Catherine zita jones ridiculously hot in zorro :)

Not just you at all, she is also savage in Entrapment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Not just you at all, she is also savage in Entrapment.
    I see what you mean! DAYMN!

She's also fantastic in Chicago if you like sassy musicals!

In other news, I'll be making brownies on Wensday if all goes well at the psychiatrist. Won't do it if I'm too emotionally drained but I'm determined to do a wee spot of baking this week. :)

Any idea when he will be back?

No looks like ill be flying to Krakow to get the piece done all going to plan anyway. Looking at it if I do go think I will have to visit Auschwitz while I'm there.

Not a notion when he'll be back but the lads always have guests coming so im sure ill get something done this yr!!

yeh Auschwitz would be cool, I was in Normandy a few years ago, got such a strange vibe being there, i would guess it would feel 100 times more in Auschwitz !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Off for the last of week 1 run. Then gonna go for a spin and find tea with the cousin!
    My printer still hates me with a vengeance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was planning on having a stir fry for dinner when I get home (currently in the library) but just found out Mixgreens is open til nine. Bean, lentil and veg hotpot it is. :D My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not a notion when he'll be back but the lads always have guests coming so im sure ill get something done this yr!!

yeh Auschwitz would be cool, I was in Normandy a few years ago, got such a strange vibe being there, i would guess it would feel 100 times more in Auschwitz !!

Never been to Auschwitz but I remember being in the Warsaw Ghetto Museum, very very strange vibe being there I can tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Looking at it if I do go think I will have to visit Auschwitz while I'm there.

Auschwitz is a very good tour.

I was there about 15 years ago (fckin hell, can't believe it was that long ago)

I was in Krakow for my cousins wedding. Great city to visit.

Was always somewhere I'd love to go. Say there is an eary feeling in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I was at Dachau and the Terzin Ghetto when in Munich/Prague. Both very very good tours with guides who should be lecturers, they knew their stuff.

Terezin was very interesting as it's a town completely fortified before the Nazi's took over and used it as a ghetto. Incredible amount of history in it.

Rant filled with various expletives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Orim wrote: »
    Rant filled with various expletives.

****, **** and ****ing ****s

P_1 wrote: »
    ****, **** and ****ing ****s

All of them and add in **** and ******-*******

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Didn't get out for a run cos my running gear was still wet and I was meeting my cousin after. I'll go tomorrow!
    Watching Homeland, it's fantastic. I saw love/hate last night too and watched downton today. I wasn't happy with Downton at all. Did any of you see it/watch it at all?

• Advertisement

Just seen a car on donedeal that I was gonna buy 3 years ago when I was in me boy racer stage and had to chuckle to myself looking at the state of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement