Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

kellief wrote: »
    Didn't get out for a run cos my running gear was still wet and I was meeting my cousin after. I'll go tomorrow!

Had to smile at that, most of my clothes money goes on rain gear for walking the dog :). My favourite item is a pair of very comfortable ski pants I got reduced for a fiver in Pennys few years back. Nice and purple to be seen quite clearly on country roads :pac:

Caught up with Homeland last night, I hope it keeps up the standard. Isn't The Walking Dead back this week too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I received a mail of Lukasz assistant today he has appointments available the 23rd of December :eek:

Stupid question but which lukasz is this?

I'm thinking of flying out to poland next year after I've been working for the summer and getting a couple of 6 hour sessions or something in Kult tattoo fest, but can't even decide on an artist, or even two! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fewtins wrote: »
    Stupid question but which lukasz is this?

I'm thinking of flying out to poland next year after I've been working for the summer and getting a couple of 6 hour sessions or something in Kult tattoo fest, but can't even decide on an artist, or even two! :p

It be this one :) from Kult

https://www.facebook.com/getbambam?fref=ts

Now that sounds like a good plan, any ideas what you want to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Good morning :D

Back to work after a few days off :(

But I don't care because in ten days, I'll be on a plane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    But I don't care because in ten days, I'll be on a plane :D

Me too, but I bet you're going somewhere more exciting than me :pac:

• Advertisement

Me too, but I bet you're going somewhere more exciting than me :pac:

I'm going to the Seychelles for eighteen days, where are you heading? :)

I'm going to the Seychelles for eighteen days, where are you heading? :)

Lovely. I'm just going to Bournmouth to visit some mates for a couple of days. Mind you, this will actually be my ninth trip away this year, with another two to go before Christmas, so I can't complain really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It was still in the washing machine! I've never watched the walking dead!

It be this one :) from Kult

https://www.facebook.com/getbambam?fref=ts

Now that sounds like a good plan, any ideas what you want to get?

Ahh yeah thought so, let me know how the pricing works out.

I dunno I was thinking of going to Adrian Edek for my chest, but after getting that piece from Bartek on my leg I wouldn't mind a bit more.

I'm also funny and a bit scared about getting my chest done :p

kellief wrote: »
    It was still in the washing machine! I've never watched the walking dead!

Yea should start watching it, it's brilliant. I'm nearly all caught up one episode left to watch from season 3 just before season 4 starts.
    Ahh yeah thought so, let me know how the pricing works out.

I dunno I was thinking of going to Adrian Edek for my chest, but after getting that piece from Bartek on my leg I wouldn't mind a bit more.

I'm also funny and a bit scared about getting my chest done :p

Yeh will do but seems to be cheap enough Lukasz reckons he will do it in one session and been told 250 a session which is cheap.

Yeh he does some nice stuff, sure just get the two of them to to work on ya simultaneously one on the leg one on the chest ha.

Chest I've had some work done it's similar to the ribs I find on the ribs/chest after about 3 or 4 hours it starts burn and get tough imo leg arm much easier to take.

• Advertisement

Really been liking this guy lately

https://www.facebook.com/niki23gtr

In terms of realism and composition I don't think many can touch him

1383918_591602730901108_833119438_n.jpg

1234048_586134518114596_1348525290_n.jpg
    1150268_568536586541056_200088384_n.jpg

941653_531393520255363_2117058546_n.jpg

181075_501232639938118_1541508462_n.jpg

This unfinished piece is just epic

525095_487145088013540_2029831001_n.jpg

601319_471793399548709_1852456328_n.jpg

972339_567511253310256_2131488990_n.jpg

Ad this is probably the first time I have ever seen a football related tattoo I have liked

540918_464504693610913_823707798_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Are there many tattooists in Ireland that are at that level of detail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Wow, Marty.. He's excellent, but a 3-4 year waiting list?? :eek:

Mylina wrote: »

Exactly :eek:

Passenger wrote: »
    Are there many tattooists in Ireland that are at that level of detail?

In terms of details I'd say there is plenty of artists in Ireland who are fantastic but in terms of composition of his sleeve I don't think there is many who could match him imo he really seems to have a knack of making sleeves just click perfectly together.
    Mylina wrote: »

Were you see that? How have I missed that :o, but much like Remis or Chris Crooks with there long waiting lists I really do believe if you really want an artist to work on you, you will wait as long it takes and it will be worth it 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Wow!! phenomenal artwork!!! I'm a black and grey guy!! I love that soft touch looking realism!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

In terms of details I'd say there is plenty of artists in Ireland who are fantastic but in terms of composition of his sleeve I don't think there is many who could match him imo he really seems to have a knack of making sleeves just click perfectly together.

I really do believe if you really want an artist to work on you, you will wait as long it takes and it will be worth it 100%

That's true enough. It would be worth the trip to Gothenburg too if what you're getting is going to be that detailed.

Booked in for the 17th of February with Lukasz :D:D:D:D:D:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My shrink resheduled my appointment. :( Shame as I'm due a call from my father today and I just KNOW I'm going to be in a crappy mood afterwards.

Yeh will do but seems to be cheap enough Lukasz reckons he will do it in one session and been told 250 a session which is cheap.

Yeh he does some nice stuff, sure just get the two of them to to work on ya simultaneously one on the leg one on the chest ha.

Chest I've had some work done it's similar to the ribs I find on the ribs/chest after about 3 or 4 hours it starts burn and get tough imo leg arm much easier to take.

It's not the pain I'm scared of, although it's gonna suck, but that I might grow out of it and I'm a bit apprehensive too cause I don't even have anything on my arms at all yet. But I'm sure I'll get over that.

Congrats on the appointment, his stuff is killer can't wait to see it. The whole shop is just mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's not the pain I'm scared of, although it's gonna suck, but that I might grow out of it

Then a My Little Pony tattoo just isn't for you... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right, so the elbow actually hurts more second time round, feck I'm getting old

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P_1 wrote: »
    Right, so the elbow actually hurts more second time round, feck I'm getting old

Na the top part of your inner bicep is where I draw the line.Just at that real soft bit of skin where it meets your armpit.

Now that hurts.

On another note Im thinking of getting my arm completely blacked out.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Na the top part of your inner bicep is where I draw the line.Just at that real soft bit of skin where it meets your armpit.

Now that hurts.

On another note Im thinking of getting my arm completely blacked out.

Ouch yeah that sounds pretty painful. Lot of claret appeared this afternoon (haven't had a drink in about a week though) so I had to tap out for the first time ever.

Ouch yeah that sounds pretty painful. Lot of claret appeared this afternoon (haven't had a drink in about a week though) so I had to tap out for the first time ever.

I bleed really heavily the instant the needle breaks the skin, they do be scrubbing it off from the moment they start. I never tap out. :D but I may have to when I get my ribs done! :o

I bleed really heavily the instant the needle breaks the skin, they do be scrubbing it off from the moment they start. I never tap out. :D but I may have to when I get my ribs done! :o

Ha, nah usually I'm grand getting work done, yapping away to beat the band, usually never bleed much though

Ha, nah usually I'm grand getting work done, yapping away to beat the band, usually never bleed much though

I'm usually fine with the pain and can chat away but I bleed like crazy. The only thing I'm worried about with my ribs is pain. I'd say that'll be a killer!

I'm usually fine with the pain and can chat away but I bleed like crazy. The only thing I'm worried about with my ribs is pain. I'd say that'll be a killer!

I won't lie, it is quite painful getting the ribs done, best thing is to promise yourself something fun for when it's done and just concentrate on that while you're getting it done

I won't lie, it is quite painful getting the ribs done, best thing is to promise yourself something fun for when it's done and just concentrate on that while you're getting it done

Note to self - arrange to get laid after the tattoo. :pac:

• Advertisement

Note to self - arrange to get laid after the tattoo. :pac:

Well I was going to suggest grabbing yourself a pint or something but hey, whatever floats your boat :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement