Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

P_1 wrote: »
    Well I was going to suggest grabbing yourself a pint or something but hey, whatever floats your boat :P

Ah now, I think that would float most peoples boats so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Back from the run. That's week one done!
    I was on the phone to himself while running and I must have looked like a right odd ball talking to myself!! I had headphones on ya see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Anyone seen this? https://www.facebook.com/events/217257585106522/permalink/226291404203140/

Seems like a good cause and could be good craic but each tattoo will need to take less then 2 minutes and from the shop's facebook, it doesn't look that special.
    MUST BE 18 OR OVER WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT

Also this seems iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Orim wrote: »
    Anyone seen this? https://www.facebook.com/events/217257585106522/permalink/226291404203140/

Seems like a good cause and could be good craic but each tattoo will need to take less then 2 minutes and from the shop's facebook, it doesn't look that special.

Also this seems iffy.

Hmm, seems the place's address is Jervis St., 000000000 Ardee. Seems legit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hmm, seems the place's address is Jervis St., 000000000 Ardee. Seems legit...

https://www.google.ie/maps/preview#!q=jervis+street+ardee&data=!1m4!1m3!1d2081!2d-6.543803!3d53.8549502!4m12!2m11!1m10!1s0x48674a511641c9fb%3A0xf2771cebe3ecb94b!3m8!1m3!1d2436871!2d-8.2177501!3d53.3834!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1

Legit indeed.

Tuesday has some good work. Nothing outstanding, nothing terrible. For the small tattoos that you'd be getting for this record attempt, she'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Adiboo wrote: »

Ah now I look like a fool (nothing unusual there!). Going to be hard going banging out so many pieces in such a short time though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Right, so the elbow actually hurts more second time round, feck I'm getting old

I cheated the first time with the elbow and used ametop, literally did not feel a thing.

Other elbow, I wasn't actually expecting the tat to go up to the elbow, and by christ that was sore :D

Only time I tapped out was on my inner bicep. Yowsers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I found the inner bicep fine apart from a tiny corner heading into armpit territory but even than wasn too bad tbh

I found the inner bicep fine apart from a tiny corner heading into armpit territory but even than wasn too bad tbh

Yeah, up towards the armpit area. Nasty.

You must be made of iron :P

Strangely it's proximity to bone that is the killer for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yeah, up towards the armpit area. Nasty.

You must be made of iron :P
    ha ha i think im just good with pain.
    Strangely it's proximity to bone that is the killer for me
    Yeah think my right knee/ elbows were my worst

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was offered tickets to passenger tonight.
    Not really my kind of music but it'll be first time in a while since me and herself got to go out

Was offered tickets to passenger tonight.
    Not really my kind of music but it'll be first time in a while since me and herself got to go out

Hey, a free gig is a free gig, brownie points are also useful to accumulate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hey, a free gig is a free gig, brownie points are also useful to accumulate ;)

Suppose. So you gonna mind me 3 year old while I get these brownie points? :D

Suppose. So you gonna mind me 3 year old while I get these brownie points? :D

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm going to see Glasvegas tonight myself not really a fan but free gig aswell :), it's in Whelans which Im told is a great venue which I'd say it is nice intimate gig.

I'm going to see Glasvegas tonight myself not really a fan but free gig aswell :), it's in Whelans which Im told is a great venue which I'd say it is nice intimate gig.

It is a decent venue, and since they installed the new sound system a couple of years back, it's gotten even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I made brownies today! Got enough ingredients to make a second batch too! :D Also got out of college early on account of on of my tutors having food poisoning. Had a lecture from the people at Roslyn Park but they didn't show up so we all ended up playing Trivial Pursuit. Didn't win but it was fun none-the-less. :)

Special brownies, or normal ones? :pac:

Special brownies, or normal ones? :pac:
    Normal ones, I'm afraid. Nothing special about them other than the fact I forgot to include the mayonaise. :/
    Though I try not to advocate drug use, I'd love to try "special" brownies once in my life. Maybe if I ever go to Amsterdam... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You put mayonaise in brownies?!

January wrote: »
    You put mayonaise in brownies?!
    I thought it was a strange ingredient myself but don't knock it 'til you try it. You don't taste the mayo but it makes for super moist and silky brownies. Here's the recipe: https://www.hellmanns.co.uk/recipes/dessert/posh_brownies.aspx
    It's my go-to brownie recipe. Might make another batch tomorrow with the leftovers and chuck in some raspberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's the first recipe that popped up when I googled... that is a weird addition alright... I'm making brownies for the first time on Monday (I'm doing a cooking course...) but I doubt we'll be using the mayo... will report back!

McChubbin wrote: »
    I thought it was a strange ingredient myself but don't knock it 'til you try it. You don't taste the mayo but it makes for super moist and silky brownies. Here's the recipe: https://www.hellmanns.co.uk/recipes/dessert/posh_brownies.aspx
    It's my go-to brownie recipe. Might make another batch tomorrow with the leftovers and chuck in some raspberries.

Hellmanns? No wonder they're recommending mayo :pac:

I heard adding avocado to brownies makes for really fudgy texture. Guess there's a lot of left field ingredients that work in baking...but I do wonder how people find these things out in the first place. :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

McChubbin wrote: »
    Though I try not to advocate drug use, I'd love to try "special" brownies once in my life. Maybe if I ever go to Amsterdam... :pac:

No need to go to Amsterdam.
    Buy a box of that Brownie mix in Tescos and get someone to hook you up with some nice weed.Ground it really really fine.Stick it in your brownie mix and that's it.

Simples!!!

To be fair, if you're not going to be a regular user then you may as well go for the best.

Lads who do I admire? I have to write a thing for Spanish tomorrow and the only person I can think of is a personal friend who used to be in the Spanish class so I'm not going to discuss them publicly (it's a mini-oral thing). I'm intending to go with a celebrity but can't really think of anyone. I'm fans of people sure but I wouldn't say I admire them...

Lads who do I admire?

Me? Sure I'm deadly.

Remis could fun to talk about. Found a passion for something, pursued it and is currently top of his field and using his abilities to travel around the world. Plus think of the visual aids.

If not Freddie Mercury was a hell of a man. He had to be wrapped in coats and blankets between takes of the "These are the days of our lives" video shoot because he was so cold. This is despite the massive amounts of studio lights.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Me? Sure I'm deadly.

Remis could fun to talk about. Found a passion for something, pursued it and is currently top of his field and using his abilities to travel around the world. Plus think of the visual aids.

If not Freddie Mercury was a hell of a man. He had to be wrapped in coats and blankets between takes of the "These are the days of our lives" video shoot because he was so cold. This is despite the massive amounts of studio lights.

Ended up writing about Amanda Tapping but thanks for the suggestions. Will keep them in mind in case I need to do something similar again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement