Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just home from passenger gig. Wasn't half bad. Still not my kinda music.
    Went to Aussie BBQ after. Waste of time
    Food was rank and service was worse
    Anyway roll on hangover and work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say Glasvegas were good and a lot better live than there music suggests they seem to up the tempo for there live show.

But and big but was fit to fcuking kill a poxy clamper wanker, parked in the small car park next to Whelans at the back got there had no change so went to get some got back about 5 minutes later and there this priick standing there with a clamp on my car that cost me 120 to take off fuming wasn't the word I had to be calmed down before I lost the plot the fact you're man was a smug bollocks didn't help but I guess you have to be an arsehole to do a job like that.

Still fuming over it you might have guessed :pac:.

Fcuker must've been watching you pull up and went to your car as soon as you got out.
    I caught one ages ago just as I got out of the car this fcuker took off his seat belt and I literally walked away and stopped and he was running at my car with the clamp. Got the fright of his life when I came charging towards him. He ran back to his van. They are very fcuking smug but it is their job.
    Well winter is defo on the way folks. Car was icy this morning. And I really don't have the head for work this morning.
    Fly thru it and get home t bed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

McChubbin wrote: »
    Normal ones, I'm afraid. Nothing special about them other than the fact I forgot to include the mayonaise. :/
    Though I try not to advocate drug use, I'd love to try "special" brownies once in my life. Maybe if I ever go to Amsterdam... :pac:

I'm still flabbergasted by the mayo in the recepie :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mayo is mostly just egg and oil, so not entirely alien to baking, just in different form!

• Advertisement

Mayo is mostly just egg and oil, so not entirely alien to baking, just in different form!

Yeah, I get that, just when I think of brownies I think of chocolate and mayo doesn't sound very appealing to have with chocolate. To be fair, I'm just not really a fan of mayo at all. I could get on board with the avocados idea though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

That sucks about the clamp Marty.

I'm being driven mad by all the hype about "pomskies" on Facebook. A cross between a Siberian Husky and a Pomeranian. People are going mad commenting on the page asking where they can get one, and how much. It's annoying me for two reasons.

1: The people commenting looking for them are most likely impulse dog buyers. Which means they'll decide to get one without doing any research, and buy the first one they come across. As far as I'm concerned these dogs may not all stay small like everyone seems to assume. There's no reason why they wouldn't grow to husky size! They'll fork out a few hundred and then dump the dog when he gets too big, or too bold (from lack of training).

2. Some enterprising person is going to see this demand, and try to churn out as many of these pups as possible to make money, all the while probably not actually caring about their wellbeing. By doing this they'll be contributing to our country's already massive puppy farm problem.

If you want a dog people, please either rescue or get one from a responsible breeder who does it for the love of the breed and not the money!

/rant

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have to say Glasvegas were good and a lot better live than there music suggests they seem to up the tempo for there live show.

But and big but was fit to fcuking kill a poxy clamper wanker, parked in the small car park next to Whelans at the back got there had no change so went to get some got back about 5 minutes later and there this priick standing there with a clamp on my car that cost me 120 to take off fuming wasn't the word I had to be calmed down before I lost the plot the fact you're man was a smug bollocks didn't help but I guess you have to be an arsehole to do a job like that.

Thats crap Marty.

Had a major row with a clamper last weekend. He was about to clamp a foreign couple's car in a bus lane that wasn't in use yet. They ran out of the shop and tried to talk to him but he was playing dumb so I had to get involved.

He tried to say the sign was for the opposite side of the road !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

should of posted on the motors forum them feckers have been known to remove clamps for boardsies and ring up the company telling them that they were storing the clamp and were charging a storage fee

Arawn wrote: »
    should of posted on the motors forum them feckers have been known to remove clamps for boardsies and ring up the company telling them that they were storing the clamp and were charging a storage fee

Really on what thread?

Still well pissed off couldn't have come at a worse week money wise :(, I drove into town and didn't drink so it would be a cheap night that worked out well :pac:.

At Anykhu yeh I seen that picture flying around with everyone wanting one :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

can't remember, it was a few months ago in naas

That was with the private clamping companies where they clamped in the wrong. (Which I think your situation would fit into Marty!) Different story where it's the Council that do the clamping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howyis. :D Been in Swords the last week. My Dad isn't well, hasn't been himself since his mum died a few months back. His car was off the road too as it needed bits done, so I went out and stayed for the week to drive him round and sort out his car, which is done and back running again. So back to reality last night, got a great welcome from the kids, which was expected. But the four cats were nearly tripping me up, twirling round my legs and crying at me. Didn't think cats would miss people if they weren't around for a while.

While I was in Swords, stuck my head into Swords Ink. Not a sinner in the place. Meant to go back to get a piercing done, but came back home sooner than I was meant to.

That was with the private clamping companies where they clamped in the wrong. (Which I think your situation would fit into Marty!) Different story where it's the Council that do the clamping though.

Yeh this was definitely a private clamping company you're man was even bragging saying I wasn't the only one who lost the plot at him last night as he had just come from clamping a Garda car were they had to pay up.

Swear I wouldn't normally say this but I'd love to meet that bloke down a dark alley sometime.

Yeh this was definitely a private clamping company you're man was even bragging saying I wasn't the only one who lost the plot at him last night as he had just come from clamping a Garda car were they had to pay up.

Most definitely of the parking nazi variety then.

Is it just me or do nearly all artists or studios have really terrible websites? I don't think I've come across a decent one yet.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Howyis. :D Been in Swords the last week. My Dad isn't well, hasn't been himself since his mum died a few months back. His car was off the road too as it needed bits done, so I went out and stayed for the week to drive him round and sort out his car, which is done and back running again. So back to reality last night, got a great welcome from the kids, which was expected. But the four cats were nearly tripping me up, twirling round my legs and crying at me. Didn't think cats would miss people if they weren't around for a while.

While I was in Swords, stuck my head into Swords Ink. Not a sinner in the place. Meant to go back to get a piercing done, but came back home sooner than I was meant to.

Sorry to hear about your dad, and gran for that matter.

On an unrelated note, I saw a pic or two of you on here and thought I recognised you, Swords would explain that...:pac:

Ankhyu wrote: »
    That sucks about the clamp Marty.

I'm being driven mad by all the hype about "pomskies" on Facebook. A cross between a Siberian Husky and a Pomeranian. People are going mad commenting on the page asking where they can get one, and how much. It's annoying me for two reasons.

1: The people commenting looking for them are most likely impulse dog buyers. Which means they'll decide to get one without doing any research, and buy the first one they come across. As far as I'm concerned these dogs may not all stay small like everyone seems to assume. There's no reason why they wouldn't grow to husky size! They'll fork out a few hundred and then dump the dog when he gets too big, or too bold (from lack of training).

2. Some enterprising person is going to see this demand, and try to churn out as many of these pups as possible to make money, all the while probably not actually caring about their wellbeing. By doing this they'll be contributing to our country's already massive puppy farm problem.

If you want a dog people, please either rescue or get one from a responsible breeder who does it for the love of the breed and not the money!

/rant

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

It's a joke. Like all 'cute' dogs out there there'll be a demand for them and I can see so many being dumped or left in shelters.
    Like all films that come out with dogs the demand is then on for them and they're dumped. Huskys went thru the worst. Big demand but no one realises how big they get and how much walking and attention they need. I got my Akita 5 year ago but I done my homework on it and knew what to expect. To this day he's still me big giant white best and I love him t bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sorry to hear about your Dad's Mam chief, good idea to try to keep his chin up. I'm a bit worried about my own Mam in that regard.

When were you in Swords Ink? You might have seen me biting the lip when getting the elbow done the other day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My face is covered in Sudocream at the minute. Trying out a wee trick I saw in the paper saying the stuff makes an excellent face mask for dry skin. Got a few scabs from inadvertedly scratching my face in my sleep (which is odd considering how short my nails are...) so I need to heal them up before I update my make-up palette.
    Yet another half day in college doing **** all but at least the brownies went down a treat with my classmates. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

P.K.M. - Sorry to hear about your gran and that your dad hasn't been feeling his best lately. Hopefully he's a bit more himself soon.

Marty - I'd have been fuming too... ****ing wanker.

dodderangler - hope the hangover is not too bad.

Had my first appointment in the maternity hospital today, was planning on leaving the house at 7am but my stupid porch door lock decided to stick and it took us twenty minutes to try and open it, with my babysitter on the other side of the door... finally got it open by popping the bottom lock, which was stuck, with a knife! Got to the appointment on time anyway :) Got the scan done to see the little bean in there :D Been on cloud nine all day, have to have a glucouse tolerance test to test for gestational diabetes in January because of my weight though (which thankfully, hasn't gone up since I got pregnant, wohoo!).

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Sorry to hear about your dad, and gran for that matter.

On an unrelated note, I saw a pic or two of you on here and thought I recognised you, Swords would explain that...:pac:

Cheers. Yeah I'm from Swords, went to school there, worked there etc. You local there yourself?
    P_1 wrote: »

When were you in Swords Ink? You might have seen me biting the lip when getting the elbow done the other day :P

I think it was Monday. Nobody in the place at all. The tattooist was sitting in reception playing with his phone as the girl behind the desk was showing me some artwork.

Cheers all. We only have one set of parents, I know I don't have long left with mine, so I make the most of it when I can. :o

I think it was Monday. Nobody in the place at all. The tattooist was sitting in reception playing with his phone as the girl behind the desk was showing me some artwork.

Ah I was in there on Tuesday, t'was fairly quiet then too, I guess you'd have quiet times during the week in studios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just downloaded a ton of ebooks for me Kindle. Stephen King, Dan Brown and at long last, I finally have a copy of Mo Hayder's "Tokyo" (AKA The Devil of Nanking) to finish after I lost my hard copy on a train a few years back. Soon as I finish "Tickling The English" I'm going to shack up with a cup of tae and a gritty thriller! :D
    In other news: The Sudocream is off, followed by an extensive use of a tea tree and witchhazel peel off mask. My face is like a baby's arse in terms of smoothness.
    Currently sipping a Molson Canadian and listening to Karl Pilkington on podcast. Good times!

Outstanding portrait by Phatt German

1380328_596870987040252_967961268_n.jpg

That is a fantastic portrait, the web on the inside of the knee there looks quite wince inducing mind...

Cheers. Yeah I'm from Swords, went to school there, worked there etc. You local there yourself?

Grew up there but haven't lived there in close to 20 years. Still pop out to see the folks occassionally, but tend to avoid being spotted by the locals at all costs :pac:

I'm fricking locked in my house again :( Stupid door...

January wrote: »
    I'm fricking locked in my house again :( Stupid door...

Do you not remember how you got the door open yesterday? :pac:

In other news, just read a review of Machete Kills, which said Danny Trejo is 69!!! :eek:

I would've thought he was around 50ish, then again I probably thought the same the first time I saw him in Dusk til Dawn.

• Advertisement

I do, but it's not working today... tried to and broke a knife trying to pop it open again!

Have to call a locksmith but can't afford it... left a message for my landlord...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement