Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the review brought that up. He said she's still portrayed as an outcast or whatever, but she looks the exact same as her bullies. He also stated the actress was just too charismatic to be Carrie.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Himself is off to a boxing thingy in Belfast tonight, so I haz totes free gaff. Dunno what to be doing now! Pizza may be in order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My match today was a memorable.
    I usually go fishing in memory of my mate. So was a bit emotional. I dedicated the match to him and played my heart out and scored a great try for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I've been waiting a year for him to announce this!! You just KNOW he'll hit Ireland for a few dates :)

Where are you getting the latest gossip from?

I'm bestos with him (in my dreams)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Today was so up and down.
    I got a part time job and I am delighted.
    My granny had a fall yesterday and has really hurt herself. I was out with her this evening and I'm staying tomorrow night.
    Some other stuff too so I'm wrexked.
    Migraine is so bad too so I took the strong meds and they seem to be helping.

Sorry for the ramble, just a long emotional day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You have to wonder what the hell does be going on at Skin City at times they seem to have a revolving door of artists going through the door. Just realised Kris has left but still seems to be working in Dublin.

Paolo left, Marcin left, Kris left, Michal left and is now working in Reinkarnated. From what I can gather by what I've been told Pawel is not the easiest to work with and has a tendency to fall out with a lot of people.

Apparently even when Paolo decided to go home, Pawel took it badly and decided he wanted nothing to do with him and told Paolo no need to work anymore to leave that week. He's going to run out of artists soon :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

did kris not just recently leave reinkarnated to work in skin city again?like in the last month or two

did kris not just recently leave reinkarnated to work in skin city again?like in the last month or two

I thought he had to but he seems to have set up his own facebook page now inked4life which was set up a while ago but he appears to be using it now and pretty much all his work is gone off Skin Citys page once again with no announcement from them which seems to be very unprofessional.

strange.his portfolio book was there on the skin city open nite

its probably a case of too many artists and too many big egos in the one place

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You have to wonder what the hell does be going on at Skin City at times they seem to have a revolving door of artists going through the door. Just realised Kris has left but still seems to be working in Dublin.

Paolo left, Marcin left, Kris left, Michal left and is now working in Reinkarnated. From what I can gather by what I've been told Pawel is not the easiest to work with and has a tendency to fall out with a lot of people.

Apparently even when Paolo decided to go home, Pawel took it badly and decided he wanted nothing to do with him and told Paolo no need to work anymore to leave that week. He's going to run out of artists soon :pac:.

Hmm, strange goings on alright. Perhaps a case of overexpansion with the new studio.

• Advertisement

strange.his portfolio book was there on the skin city open nite

its probably a case of too many artists and too many big egos in the one place

Yeh it's a strange one, I still love Pawels work but he just sounds like he is a nightmare to work with and falls out with a lot of people.

Yeh it's a strange one, I still love Pawels work but he just sounds like he is a nightmare to work with and falls out with a lot of people.

Yeah, I remember when I was in getting work done by Michal he did pop over and spoke fairly abruptly to him. now he was speaking in Polish and that language does sound very abrupt to me generally but it did seem as if he was delivering a bit of a bollocking

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I remember when I was in getting work done by Michal he did pop over and spoke fairly abruptly to him. now he was speaking in Polish and that language does sound very abrupt to me generally but it did seem as if he was delivering a bit of a bollocking

Yeh even when Michal on his Facebook said that he was leaving mentioned leaving to go somewhere that suits his tattooing philosophy best and heart the best which doesn't make it sound like he was to happy at Skin City, I know Danny should have stayed longer imo for his career but he left because he couldn't stand Pawel either.

Maybe Pawel would be best off just opening up a one artist only studio :pac:.

Yeh even when Michal on his Facebook said that he was leaving mentioned leaving to go somewhere that suits his tattooing philosophy best and heart the best which doesn't make it sound like he was to happy at Skin City, I know Danny should have stayed longer imo for his career but he left because he couldn't stand Pawel either.

Maybe Pawel would be best off just opening up a one artist only studio :pac:.

Ha possibly. Well that's saved me some blushes in popping into Skin City to book in with Michal for the latest new piece :P

Ha possibly. Well that's saved me some blushes in popping into Skin City to book in with Michal for the latest new piece :P

:pac: yeh could have been a tad bit awkward. I'll never forget the day one of them asked me about my film piece and who was doing it, soon I said Remis a sudden silence fell around the place and Pawel made a seriously unhappy looking face.

:pac: yeh could have been a tad bit awkward. I'll never forget the day one of them asked me about my film piece and who was doing it, soon I said Remis a sudden silence fell around the place and Pawel made a seriously unhappy looking face.

Yikes, I'd say the topic of conversation was changed fairly swiftly there.

Great move by Re-Inkarnated picking up Michal though

Yikes, I'd say the topic of conversation was changed fairly swiftly there.

Great move by Re-Inkarnated picking up Michal though

Swiftly wasn't the word :pac:

Yeh good move by them alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My aunt booked her wedding date! :D
    Two years to go but sure it'll fly in. Gives me a good excuse to buy ALL the dresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I had a similiar experience when I popped in to talk to Remis. I wanted to just go over a few ideas and that I wanted to speak to Remis. Minute I mentioned the name silence fell and Pawel said whatever I wanted answered could be answered by him. Thought that a bit odd and said I'd prefer to speak to the man that was gonna be working on me. Pawel muttered to himself whilst Paulo said to walk through, Remis was in the back working on that coloured aquarium piece.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    I had a similiar experience when I popped in to talk to Remis. I wanted to just go over a few ideas and that I wanted to speak to Remis. Minute I mentioned the name silence fell and Pawel said whatever I wanted answered could be answered by him. Thought that a bit odd and said I'd prefer to speak to the man that was gonna be working on me. Pawel muttered to himself whilst Paulo said to walk through, Remis was in the back working on that coloured aquarium piece.

Yeh I got the impression what happened between the two of them was Pawel didn't like the attention Remis was getting and got quite bitter about it, it's strange Remis still has a lot of respect for Pawel and admires his work and does like him but will tell you he is not the easiest person to deal with and has a tendency to fall out with a lot of people and treat people badly once they go against him.

Firey artists types hey :pac:.

On a side note saw Captain Philips last night in the cinema thought it was good Tom Hanks was brilliant did drag for a little bit in the middle though.

Also looks like ill be meeting some of the gf's family next weekend oh how I do love them introductions the peering eyes judging :pac::pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kinda reminding me of this from Pokémon:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I Havint a clue who any of these tattooists yas are talking about :)
    I've always gone to the same bloke and probably always will. Kind of a trust thing like I'm sure most on this have a regular tattooist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I Havint a clue who any of these tattooists yas are talking about :)
    I've always gone to the same bloke and probably always will. Kind of a trust thing like I'm sure most on this have a regular tattooist

I'm a collector myself. Can't have enough different artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

4 tattoos by 3 different artists so far for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've had work done by 11 different artists so far!

8 different artists for me

8 different artists myself come February it will be 9 :). I've always liked the idea of finding the tattoo I like then finding the artist who will do it in the style I want and think suits it best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

same here I have been tattoo'd by 8 different artists! and I've a rake in mind that id love to get tattoo'd by!!

In saying that Danny Bullman has done 4 of my tattoos and Ross Nagle has done 3 for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

5 tattoo's done by five different artists, next one will be done by the same person who did my last one but that's only because it'll be identical to the one I have already.

• Advertisement

Have had various artists work on my pieces myself to be honest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement