Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

McChubbin wrote: »
    Aww yis. Got my package today! I now have a snazzy new coat for the winter! :D
    Sad news, though: Isohunt shut down. :(

PirateBay all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kickasstorrents here...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

January wrote: »
    kickasstorrents here...

Likewise, alternately pirateproxy

P_1 wrote: »
    pirateproxy

Well yeah, I use a proxy too. Stupid laws n' shit.

Everyone seems to be using Kickass these days. But I just find the site messy and hard to navigate.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Well yeah, I use a proxy too. Stupid laws n' shit.

Everyone seems to be using Kickass these days. But I just find the site messy and hard to navigate.

Really? Have to say that I find it pretty handy to navigate your way around

• Advertisement

Really? Have to say that I find it pretty handy to navigate your way around

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Back to work tomorrow thank god. Been off all week and I'm going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Incoming Rant.

So I head into work today (my day off I should add) to get some work done a new training course. While I'm in there I ask one of the guys if he'd completed the job that was on him. He sits there looking at me with blank face. I explain his job to him. He says that he thought I did. No I sent some input. But the other email you sent to the senior managers? Well that was a completely different thing and I asked you to look at it and make sure the info was ok, which you obviously didn't do at all.

Side rant. We're currently being sub contracted at the moment and not only are my colleagues being shít but my management has no clue what they're doing with. They won't give us a single point of contact, they're giving us no info on travel expenses/pay/etc, then they come whining about lack of reporting and work not being. Look, just because it's not being micromanaged into oblivion, doesn't mean that no work is being done. Although some of the others could do with some more management.

So the guy that's supposed to do things is going soon at this stage. Well he probably had time to do it but god forbid he should do some work. So I say it to one of the other guys to ask if he can do this. Yeah, yeah, what is it? It's the email stuff we've talked about yesterday and just now. Like right now, in fact this is the same conversation.It hasn't stopped. So he understands and I go back to what I'm doing so I can go home.

Maybe an hour later, I look over and he'd doing something else. Oh, you're done. Not done yet. So he's doing work, I'll give him that but it's generic work that the other 30 or people are working on. As opposed to dealing with the request from our corporate management that we've had for two days and should probably be in right now. We'll probably get away with because it can be COB america time but still, stop being fúcking shít.

And I'm getting fracking sick again, and it's my second "weekend" in a row that I'm going to be fracking sick.

I do feel slightly better now though.

That was way longer than I thought.

Sad news, though: Isohunt shut down. :(

Aw boo, :( That was my site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

yeh always used isohunt too! bloody disaster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Isohunt was great for music and e-books. Shame it got pulled. :(
    But on a brighter note: After two months of nothing, my course tutors have FINALLY reinstated the Thursday social outings.
    We're off to the botanic gardens next week and, if that goes well, we might be going to the zoo in a few weeks! :D
    Hopefully I'll have my camera paid off by then so expect much picture spam at the elephant enclosure.

A friend brought me back Flaming Hot Cheeto's and Milk Duds from New York. I'm in heaven at the moment. Mouth burned off me but I don't care... haven't had them in years :D

I demand an offering of Reese's Peanut Buttercups for I am hormonal and must be obeyed.

I demand an offering of Reese's Peanut Buttercups for I am hormonal and must be obeyed.

Peanut Butter cups are yucky... but I know you can get them in Candy Lab in Temple Bar!

Peanut Butter cups are yucky

Blasphemer!

Peanut Butter cups are yucky... but I know you can get them in Candy Lab in Temple Bar!

I agree
    Anything with peanut butter is absolutely rank.
    My little one loves peanut and jelly on toast and I do be heaving when I'm puttin it on the toast. Turns me stomach

Always leaves my mouth extremely dry feeling... like it leaves a coat of peanut butter in there and it's horrible :\ I did try to love peanut butter cups... but I just couldn't. I'm more of a fudge or turkish delight chocolate kinda girl.

Ah here lads, chunky peanut butter on bread, what's not to like

Love smooth peanut butter but can't stand the chunky stuff.

Anyways: I'm considering selling my Nintendo Wii console and looking at the average price. Would €150 be reasonable enough for a barely used console with a Wii Fit Board, Super Mario Allstars, all cables and leads and one numchuck controller?:confused:
    I'd be willing to swap for a SNES with a ****ton of games but as I've never really sold anything online I'm a bit lost as to going about it the right way...

You can buy the console second hand in Game for around €70. (I'm supposing that's with one controller and nunchuck but I'm not quite sure), so with the board and game about €130-150 would probably be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Peanut butter is great stuff.

I just had a shake with milk banana chocolate whey protein and peanut butter it was delicious.

You can buy the console second hand in Game for around €70. (I'm supposing that's with one controller and nunchuck but I'm not quite sure), so with the board and game about €130-150 would probably be right.
    Sounds good. Once I get around to consulting my brother (who is more well versed in the art of selling things online) I might wack it up on the likes of Adverts or DoneDeal.
    If I can get €150 for it I'll be singing all the way to the RAGE. :D
    I really want an SNES. I'm much more of a retro gamer these days. Emulators are great an' all but nothing beats the real thing.

Feel like a kid but I somehow stumbled upon wwf fully loaded 1999 and watching stone cold vs undertaker first blood match and I remember clearly staying up till 3 in morning watching it and being real excited all weekend before it started.
    Oh to be young again

Feel like a kid but I somehow stumbled upon wwf fully loaded 1999 and watching stone cold vs undertaker first blood match and I remember clearly staying up till 3 in morning watching it and being real excited all weekend before it started.
    Oh to be young again

That was the PPV that made me a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Ah here lads, chunky peanut butter on bread, what's not to like
    You spelt smooth wrong.

So just woke up from a nine hour 'nap'.

Adiboo wrote: »
    That was the PPV that made me a fan!

Gotta love it back then. I stopped watching it about '07. Got too dramatic and the roles were ****.
    The whole stone cold vs the world era was the best.

4 hours sleep and just waitin at stage t be collected. And it's a long day ahead of us aswell. Not in the spirit today. Stomach is in nots this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

This place is paradise! I'm never coming home :D

I got over my fear of water enough to jump off a boat in the middle of the indian ocean and swam with wild turtles, did snorkeling, then on another beach I got dragged out by the tide and nearly drowned lol.

It's unbelievable here.

I've also lost weight because we're pretty much living off of fresh fruit, rice, fish and juice. It's seriously amazing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Oh to be young again

Back when PPVs were actually worth staying up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sounds like yiz are all busy bees!
    I've extra hours in work this weekend which ie great. Going to a fancy dress party party tomorrow night too, should be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Going to the zombie festival in Limerick this Saturday. It'll be a bit of a rush job on the make up compared to last year, seeing as I'm working in Galway till 4!

Here's last year's look; zombie Alice in Wonderland:

22393_10151109362212546_2002991443_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement