Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I love the whole comic book genre but id be the same the films have been hit and miss! never liked any of the spider mans either! i loved the first Thor dont know why, I know there nothing special about it but i just did haha Ya i dont know about the new X-Men one either, in the comic Gambit is a pretty central character to the story line and he isnt in the trailer or does his name show in the cast on IMDB so they have already changed the story line a huge deal! also he was my favorite as a kid so Im taking my ball and going home hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The latest Marvel run are fantastic films in my eye (amazing how many films they're getting out of it mind), enjoyed X-Men First Class and am looking forward to the sequel too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think the worst one of recent times has to be the Green Lantern I actually like Ryan Reynolds it was just a terrible film.

I was dying for the new X-Men then the trailer left me a bit cold but we shall see. How many films can they center on Wolverine plus I really liked the old school vibe in first class it was a breath of fresh air in the comic book films so I'm hoping to much of it isn't centered on the present.

Yeh the green lantern was pretty bad haha

anyone seen the trailer for new robocop? what ye reckon?

Yeh seen that earlier first trailer I saw and everything I read I though god no, but looks a bit better in the second trailer imo.

Most people are going mad about it but nothing will ever live up to our own nostalgia for films :).I'll try watch it with an open mind I think it will go either way terrible or brilliant same director of the two Elite Squad films which I loved.

What you think of it?

• Advertisement

Im the same im two minds about it but will try keep an open mind for it same as yourself! hard not to judge a re-make to the original though! good supporting cast in it, Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman and samuel L jackson so yu never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

It's a long long time since I saw any of the Robocop films and I was very young so my memory is very fuzzy but the original is lighter in tone, isn't it? Well as light as such a movie can be. Like I said it's a long long time since I've seen the originals but I don't feel like it's need to remade. I could be wrong though, the supporting cast does have me interested.

I am curious as if this one will keep the whole Jesus metaphor going or not.

It's a long long time since I saw any of the Robocop films and I was very young so my memory is very fuzzy but the original is lighter in tone, isn't it? Well as light as such a movie can be. Like I said it's a long long time since I've seen the originals but I don't feel like it's need to remade. I could be wrong though, the supporting cast does have me interested.

I am curious as if this one will keep the whole Jesus metaphor going or not.

Your memory is playing tricks on yea the original was extremely violent and pretty dark especially Murphy's murder. Unlike today when most films are 12's to draw in more money. It did have a lot of satire though on American culture.

The cast and director have me interested time will tell I guess. Don't know if it's a sign were getting old that there re making a lot of films we grew up loving or if Hollywood is just making poinltess and needless remakes I'll go with option B :pac:

Your memory is playing tricks on yea the original was extremely violent and pretty dark especially Murphy's murder. Unlike today when most films are 12's to draw in more money. It did have a lot of satire though on American culture.

The cast and director have me interested time will tell I guess. Don't know if it's a sign were getting old that there re making a lot of films we grew up loving or if Hollywood is just making poinltess and needless remakes I'll go with option B :pac:

I know it was violent but I dunno...I feel like the tone was different somehow. I'll have to rewatch.

From what I've read the amount people spend on making films now means a lot of studios are losing out or just about breaking even. Remakes and sequels are guaranteed to bring people in. Same with adaptions from comic books, books etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Looking forward to the new Godzilla. And the new 300 film
    301 Dalmatians looks good

• Advertisement

I know it was violent but I dunno...I feel like the tone was different somehow. I'll have to rewatch.

From what I've read the amount people spend on making films now means a lot of studios are losing out or just about breaking even. Remakes and sequels are guaranteed to bring people in. Same with adaptions from comic books, books etc.

This is true with the amount of money being invested in films theyare a huge massive gamble that sometimes doesn't pay off like John Carter which I actually enjoyed but took a massive loss at the box office recognized names regardless of how bad they are are guaranteed to put bums on seats.

I love my blockbusters but I also love Asian cinema because they are far more willing to take risks and put out something different.

Looking forward to the new Godzilla. And the new 300 film
    301 Dalmatians looks good

The new Godzilla film looks amazing in the trailer :). The 300 sequel should be fun to, the first one was one of the most quotable films ever :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

It'll prolong your healing, and because your immune system is lower, you could be more prone to picking up some sort of infection in it. I'd postpone it, but if it's not really an option, then look after yourself and the tattoo as much as possible.

And be sure to let your tattooist know beforehand, as they may not want you there under their needle if you're not well, as they could catch it off you!!!

I rang them and they said it'd be grand, I can still come in, so it's going ahead!

Currently stuffing my face before I leave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Bring plenty of chocolate to prevent the junkie shakes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Bring plenty of chocolate to prevent the junkie shakes :pac:

I had a pink Snack there and I've a bottle of Lucozade with me, is that enough sugar? :pac: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just figured out how to download custom content to the Sims 3.
    Download ALL the hair meshes!!

I'd recommend at least two Yorkies and a Double Decker ;)

I'd recommend at least two Yorkies and a Double Decker ;)

Or just 3 double deckers
    I'm a fcuker for them bars

I want one now.

I want one now.

Just finished work now and I'm getting a 10oz burger meal from super macs and guess what I'm gonna get two ( yes two) double deckers and I might eat it while I'm eating me burger or better yet put it in me burger

72 more minutes and my weekend begins!! i am literally going to sleep this one off hahaha

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    72 more minutes and my weekend begins!! i am literally going to sleep this one off hahaha

Have ya been out yet mate,?

Have ya been out yet mate,?

ya was out last Saturday, bloody disaster!! Me Eejit of a dog hit a double ditch on a scent at 100 miles an hour and the second dip was about 8-9 feet down, he landed badly and hurt his leg pretty bad! was limping so had to head home after about an hr! (3 lads i was with got 4 cock birds then to add insult to injury haha). Lad had nothing broke thank god! he nearly back to himself now so might chance an hr to get him out on sunday!

how bout yourself you get out?

ya was out last Saturday, bloody disaster!! Me Eejit of a dog hit a double ditch on a scent at 100 miles an hour and the second dip was about 8-9 feet down, he landed badly and hurt his leg pretty bad! was limping so had to head home after about an hr! (3 lads i was with got 4 cock birds then to add insult to injury haha). Lad had nothing broke thank god! he nearly back to himself now so might chance an hr to get him out on sunday!

how bout yourself you get out?

No not yet
    Tomoro I reckon il head out either with me mate or with the dog and hawk

No not yet
    Tomoro I reckon il head out either with me mate or with the dog and hawk

best of luck if you you head out!

best of luck if you you head out!

Cheers. Hope the dog pulls through alri. It's my dogs first season so not expecting anything but il prob cry if she does point and rise

Bought myself a guitar, forgot how ****e I am at playing the bloody thing

In two minds over that tbh, on the one hand having regulation is good (and might hopefully cut down on the Georges St Arcade studios of the world), on the other hand the HSE aren't exactly immune to not fcuking up any industry they touch

P_1 wrote: »
    In two minds over that tbh, on the one hand having regulation is good (and might hopefully cut down on the Georges St Arcade studios of the world), on the other hand the HSE aren't exactly immune to not fcuking up any industry they touch

What I was thinking as well. Also apparently similar regulation has done very little in England with closed down studios opening up again after a few days.

• Advertisement

What I was thinking as well. Also apparently similar regulation has done very little in England with closed down studios opening up again after a few days.

The cynic in me sees this turning into a situation where studios end up having to pay for a license that effectively will only be good for looking nice in a frame on the wall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement