Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    The cynic in me sees this turning into a situation where studios end up having to pay for a license that effectively will only be good for looking nice in a frame on the wall

I hadn't even thought of that but that would be the way of the Irish alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I hadn't even thought of that but that would be the way of the Irish alright.

Didn't some studios basically propose this very scheme themselves last year or before?? made me laugh, you pay x amount and get a cert, who checks the shops?? nobody... oh right...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Arawn wrote: »
    Didn't some studios basically propose this very scheme themselves last year or before?? made me laugh, you pay x amount and get a cert, who checks the shops?? nobody... oh right...
    'Twas actually through said groups facebook page I found the link. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

'Twas actually through said groups facebook page I found the link. :P

And that's why we never trust links provided by lobby groups :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

has a wee look, avoid the spread of infectious diseases?? despite the fact no case of hepititus, hiv or aids ever been traced back to piercings or tattoo's. Well done lads. And guidelines not laws, pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Guidelines are good. They let the good shops ignore them because they'll be stupid.

It'll wind up as keep the shop clean, use guns for everything and minors are cool with parental consent. Oh and a few hundred bucks for a license.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all hope you've all been keeping well.

So, the drama continues....I stayed with my Dad last week to finish up my three week stint with him. This time my mum bawled when I left! :rolleyes: Jeez, do they want me to move back in FFS! :pac: Last weekend I did the PSA course. Usually the Social Welfare pay for it, but because I'm on disability and not Jobseekers, they wouldn't pay. So I scraped together €245 for the combined three day course. I've been offered part time work as Door Security Personnel (or "Bouncer" in old English) and I think I can get into event security, but you need the PSA licence for both. Thankfully I passed the course but I need another €190 to apply for the licence. :mad: So will have to wait to get that together!

Anyhoo, I got back home on Sunday night to a great welcome from herself and the kids. It's heartwarming to see your seven month old commando-crawl over to you and crying cos he's happy to see you. :o

Monday I unpacked and started to get stuff sorted and got a weird cramp in my stomach. Over the morning it gradually got worse and by 2pm I was on my knees on the floor. I have a high pain threshold so believe me when I tell you, it takes a lot to bring me to my knees! So by 9pm I couldn't stand it any more and herself called an ambulance, and I was rushed to hospital.

Turns out I had/have pancreatitis which is apparently pretty serious. I spent three days in Mullingar hospital on IV drips, anti-biotic drips and being poked and prodded. They let me out on Thursday evening on the premise that I go back in four weeks to get more scans and tests done. So for now I'm on medication and a restricted/reduced diet. Not happy about that part - I love me food. :(

But on a positive note, my tattoist was onto me and he's working on my next sleeve piece which will be Leatherface, and hoping to get it done in the next two weeks. Got my tickets for Five Finger Death Punch on December 3rd, and set the ball rolling on the wedding. Have been onto the venue and are meeting them in the next few weeks to go through things. It's on September 26th in Markree Castle in Sligo (in case the girlies wanna have a look, check it out)

So back to normal (ish) and hope to be here again more regular. Nice to see you all still here. :D

Talk to yiz. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Jaysus pkm you have been busy. Sorry to hear how ill you have been!! Hope you are on the mend now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't do things by halves do you P.K.M.??

Hope you're on the mend soon!

Love weddings :D Ordering my bouquet supplies after Christmas and will get making them then! Button bouquets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm getting my new camera next week if all goes according to plan! :D
    I'm now officially back in black in terms of hair colour. I never realized how much I missed being a brunette. Hope to get into town at some stage and pick ujp some hair pieces so I can play around with styles- I wish I knew about clip-on fringes years ago. Would've really saved me the hassle of growing out a real one. :P
    So how is everyone this fine evening? I'm not doing much other than downloading stuff for The Sims 3 and watching Karl Pilkington's new show.
    It's HILERIOUS.
    Oooh, BTW: Is anyone going to the Foreigner gig in the Olympia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Well I've been couch ridden today because of last night. Was in my mate and was messing with rugby ball and my mate tackled me but I landed really hard on my lower back and havint been able to move at all. Heating is on but constantly shivering.
    Missed my rugby match an all over it and keep going in and out of sleeps should go doctor but il prob need a set of crutches to get up.
    Not looking good for rest of my weekend.

Bleh. Tried installing Ambitions and now my damn game won't load. I followed the instructions perfectly, even uninstalling and re-installing when I accidently borked a game file in the wrong place. :/
    Currently downloading University and Into The Future but something tells me I'm being punished by the universe for not investing €200+ for legit copies of the expansion packs. Urgh. A pirate's life is a hard one, methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Was in my mate

;)

Found my base game disc.
    It was hiding behind the curtains, covered in dust. Reinstalling now and it's taking AAAAAAAAGES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Arawn wrote: »
    has a wee look, avoid the spread of infectious diseases?? despite the fact no case of hepititus, hiv or aids ever been traced back to piercings or tattoo's. Well done lads. And guidelines not laws, pointless

As an affiliate for a therapy group using animals in hospices/respite centres, we get the same sh!te thrown at us regards to zoonotic diseases!! Funny that, considering that when you put your hand on a trolley in a grocery retail outlet or use a open the door to the public toilet of any establishment, you are actually carrying in more contagious bacterium than an animal could bring on its back as an alternative therapeutic source!!

Stupid legislation governed by men/women whom have never worked in the sector they represent!!

P.K.M. wrote: »
    It's on September 26th in Markree Castle in Sligo (in case the girlies wanna have a look, check it out)

Markree castle!!! Dude :eek:!! I had BETTER BE INVITED :P

Hope you're feeling better, thought my life was hectic. I reckon we should compare notes ;)

Curious now as to why the wedding is in Sligo. PM me, is Binxeo from this end the country?

@gregers, is your a dog a young animal to have gone into the ditch that quick? I'll admit I don't have a great understanding on working gun dogs, though have trained sheepdogs and managed an Akitas independent spirit. Sounds like the wee thing tore into it as a junior rather than a senior? Still holding a young sheepdog (great potential) though sounds like damage she'd do unto herself if she got into the working game too soon?

I don't mean to question training, just always saw these two working classes on par to each each other to a certain extent with junior training.

@robocop film!!! Disgusted they're making a re-make. At 27, I am not old so back the feck away from what I call a classic!! Michael Keaton fell tremendously off of Batman!! What can he bring to Robocop!!

I'm in shock at this news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    @gregers, is your a dog a young animal to have gone into the ditch that quick? I'll admit I don't have a great understanding on working gun dogs, though have trained sheepdogs and managed an Akitas independent spirit. Sounds like the wee thing tore into it as a junior rather than a senior? Still holding a young sheepdog (great potential) though sounds like damage she'd do unto herself if she got into the working game too soon?

I don't mean to question training, just always saw these two working classes on par to each each other to a certain extent with junior training.

@robocop film!!! Disgusted they're making a re-make. At 27, I am not old so back the feck away from what I call a classic!! Michael Keaton fell tremendously off of Batman!! What can he bring to Robocop!!

I'm in shock at this news!!!

He is only a yr old but I know he is still only a puppy so would never work him hard or over work him! At this point everything is fun and a game for him yano :) yep He is still young and was just inexperienced and was over eager and jumped from a height that was too high nd landed wrong :rolleyes: silly bugger haha :rolleyes: To Be honest its hard to keep him out of ditches nd water he loves um haha

I love collies and seeing them work!! absolutely amazed sometimes at how smart they are!!

with regard to Michael Keaton..... are we forgeting about Jack Frost??? :cool: :P

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Markree castle!!! Dude :eek:!! I had BETTER BE INVITED :P

Hope you're feeling better, thought my life was hectic. I reckon we should compare notes ;)

Curious now as to why the wedding is in Sligo. PM me, is Binxeo from this end the country?

OK, so that's two from here...might do a group invite to the afters...all welcome! :D

PM on the way... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

So I drunkwdm told my friend how much iI've fancied him for months. And he fancies me! :D

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    So I drunkwdm told my friend how much iI've fancied him for months. And he fancies me! :D

yay.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Twas my birthday on Tuesday and my bestie booked tickets to go see Wicked in 4 weeks!!!!
    Work is insanely busy at the moment and it means I get more hours!! Think I am getting the flu though, I always get really bone achingly cold a few days before I get ill. Nearly fainted in work I got that dizzy.
    Came home and was curled up in bed with himself by 8pm, dosed up on cold and flu with plenty of tea.
    Do any of ye suffer with migraine?

Pkm what a stunning venue!!!!

kellief wrote: »

Nope, thankfully. But I do get bad headaches if I don't eat. They could last for hours and I've often ended up in bed with them.
    Pkm what a stunning venue!!!!

Why thank you, and yeah it is! :D

It's a lovely venue!

January wrote: »
    It's a lovely venue!

Soon to be ruined forever when all the bikes turn up!! :D hahahaha.

In fairness we asked would they have an issue with it being a "biker" wedding and bikes being there and they're more than accommodating. Result!! :cool:

That's good. Feck them, they're getting the money either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Twas my birthday on Tuesday and my bestie booked tickets to go see Wicked in 4 weeks!!!!
    Work is insanely busy at the moment and it means I get more hours!! Think I am getting the flu though, I always get really bone achingly cold a few days before I get ill. Nearly fainted in work I got that dizzy.
    Came home and was curled up in bed with himself by 8pm, dosed up on cold and flu with plenty of tea.

Think I'm coming down with something myself. Throat has been bothering me and I've been getting terrible dizzy spells the last two days.

Never had a full blown migraine but get a horrible fuzzy headed feeling if I eat rich chocolate cake. I'd say if I pushed it it could turn into one but the fuzzy headed-ness is uncomfortable enough as it is.

PKM the venue is absolutely stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

So I got me one of those boyfriend things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Flash Gordon is on itv4 at 15:45 if anyone interested

• Advertisement

This is me right now:
    tumblr_lgkrxaWF5E1qe5x4p.gif
    Spent most of the day reinstalling my games and EPs and they STILL don't work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement