Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    So I got me one of those boyfriend things. :)

Does he know the kinda trouble he's in??? :P Mua-hahahaha

Did he do this?....

tumblr_mfz5btZIxx1qeeseao1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Does he know the kinda trouble he's in??? :P Mua-hahahaha

Did he do this?....

tumblr_mfz5btZIxx1qeeseao1_500.gif

:pac: shut up! Apparently, the whole nine months we've been flirting, he liked me the whole time. But he said I'm extremely guarded and don't give away anything, so he didn't think I liked him.

So I got drunk, told him I like him and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Then I got a big cuddle and kiss at the bus stop this morning. :)

I'm really happy. Big dopey smile on my face all day. :)

Esoteric_ wrote: »

So I got drunk, told him I like him and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Then I got a big cuddle and kiss at the bus stop this morning. :)

Wooooooo!!! LOL

Ah I'm happy that you're happy.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Wooooooo!!! LOL

Ah I'm happy that you're happy.

I'm ridiculously happy. :) and I get to see him pretty much every day in work too. Makes me look forward to being back in work on wednesday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was at the Stephen Lynch show last night, so, so funny!

Highlight for me was this song I think! Some of you should get a laugh at this too:

• Advertisement

That's my second favourite song by him. :)

He's fantastic live. Saw him about four years ago in the Olympia. So jealous you went, I want to see him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've seen him twice now. Once in Whelans and also in the Olympia. Got to meet him before the show in the Olympia too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Off up to Dubland tomorrow for a few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Off up to Dubland tomorrow for a few days :D

Dubland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Dubland?

Dublin :p

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Dublin :p

I know but really? Dubland? :)
    The big smoke, the jacks and I do call it Kansas sometimes

I know but really? Dubland?

Commonly called that down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Da brig city.

The Pale Blue Yonder.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Commonly called that down here.

Where is down here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Town....except in after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

fewtins wrote: »
    Da brig city.

I've a mate from Da Brig who also calls it that. Cracks me up every time :pac:

Jumped into the Space Wagon this morning to bring the young lad down to school, got about 50 feet, was doing about 10mph and BANG!! Didn't know what it was, the engine was still running...heard something metal rolling on the road and seen my crankshaft pulley making it's way down the road. Bollix anyway!! :mad: More feckin' money!! :rolleyes:

Jesus pkm
    You ain't having much luck on the motor side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I've a mate from Da Brig who also calls it that. Cracks me up every time :pac:

In fairness the place is enough of a kip to consider it as a prison of sorts :P

• Advertisement

Jesus pkm
    You ain't having much luck on the motor side.

Nope...always something!! Had a look and a new one is €314. Found a lad on ebay who does them for €60 and I can stick it on myself. So it's not too bad I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got a text from a neighbour this morning saying there was a cat that she thought was one of ours dead on the road outside our house. Not ours but the poor thing is only a kitten. :( Think it's one I saw outside nearby apartments before. If it is him then he must have an owner since he was really tame.

I hope someone moves the body, poor thing. I'd do it myself but don't have anything to dig a hole to bury him in.

Walking along having a smoke and I stupidly for the first time ever put the smoke in my mouth the wrong way around
    How stupid can ya get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Seriously fading here. Boozing Friday, Sat and yesterday will have that effect :pac:

Got a text from a neighbour this morning saying there was a cat that she thought was one of ours dead on the road outside our house. Not ours but the poor thing is only a kitten. :( Think it's one I saw outside nearby apartments before. If it is him then he must have an owner since he was really tame.

I hope someone moves the body, poor thing. I'd do it myself but don't have anything to dig a hole to bury him in.

Aw no...

Here's two of our boys having a snooze earlier, they're so funny...

279812.jpg

Where is down here

Everywhere outside Dublin judging by the wide geographical range of people that thanked my post. :P

But I'm in Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

You guys are going to hate me for saying this buuuuttt....I'm tempted to scrap the notion of getting a tattoo and invest in a simple laptop so I can sit in bed at 3 am and type like a caffine-addicted howler monkey.
    Realistically, I'd like one without access to the internet so there are no distractions- it's just me, some music and my word processing program.
    My reason for this about face? Been mulling things over and as much as I like the idea of getting a tattoo, I was never really 100% sure of getting Eeyore on my ankle- truth be told, I was doing it more to cater to my mother's taste than my own. (Not that she's expecting me to get inked or anything!) Truth be told, I'd much rather get a big skull and some roses inked on me than a cartoon donkey but that's a rant for another post.
    Getting back to the computer issue, the notion of me getting a laptop is a practical one for several reasons:

1: Have you SEEN my bookshelf?
    It's crammed with a shitload of half-filled journals, notebooks and sketchpads containing plot-points and unfinished works of prose and fiction from about 4 years ago. Some are good, some are bad, some are downright cringeworthy. If I got a laptop purely for writing, I'm pretty sure I'd be saving at least one rainforest.

2: Backup for my main PC.

3:I could sit in bed with a cup of tea each night and archieve my notes more productively without getting distracted by the internet and all it's evilness. (I'm a night owl who tends to get all her good ideas at night so this is reason enough)

4: The computers in college are so ancient and slow they make me want to cry. Seriously. I was working on one of the worse off ones today and I swear to the great flying spaggetti monster it took most of my willpower not to throw the damn thing out the window in sheer frustration.

Having a laptop would certainly make my life a lot easier but even so... NYAAAH, I WANT A TATTOOOO. *whine* Someone slap some sense into me! I'm not planning to get one until the sales after Christmas but I'm posting here to ask for honest opinions.
    Hell, I'll be happy with a refurbished one from Oxfam so long as it does what I ask without acting glitchy. I know it makes more sense than getting something tattooed on my ankle but still... I'm in two minds about it.

Everywhere outside Dublin judging by the wide geographical range of people that thanked my post. :P

But I'm in Munster.

Jaysus
    Lot of hate towards my Kansas. :(

No hate whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No hate whatsoever.
    Phew!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement