Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dubbyland is my one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Angron wrote: »
    Dubbyland is my one.

How come?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno really. Started saying it as a kid when I moved away from Kildare, and it just kinda stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Definitely something doing the rounds anyway!
    I have had a disasterous two weeks away from Slimming World. Back on the wagon from weigh in Thursday. I miss it!!

In other news, I have no news ha!!

McChubbin, if you are doubting or second guessing the location for your tattoo, wait a while. You don't need to rush into it. It will still be there for you to return to in a few months. maybe get a skull of eeyore?? :D
    I like the idea of a small laptop for writing with no internet. I like it a lot.

that means I might steal that idea too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

kellief wrote: »

McChubbin, if you are doubting or second guessing the location for your tattoo, wait a while.
    You don't need to rush into it. It will still be there for you to return to in a few months. maybe get a skull of eeyore?? :D
    I like the idea of a small laptop for writing with no internet. I like it a lot.

that means I might steal that idea too. :D
    A skull of Eeyore? Color me intrigued! Do you mean get a skull of a donkey like this?bonaire%20donkey%20skull.jpg
    That would be pretty cool but looking at that image, I'd want to put horns on it. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

McChubbin wrote: »
    A skull of Eeyore? Color me intrigued! Do you mean get a skull of a donkey like this?
    That would be pretty cool but looking at that image, I'd want to put horns on it. :P

skull like that can only mean one tattoo.

cubone

Yet one more reason why I think this woman is just incredible:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E8RnaQLE2fo

By the end of this night I'm either going to be part monkey or part nut.
    Just remembered how much I love monkey nuts and now can't stop scoffing em down

Arawn wrote: »
    skull like that can only mean one tattoo.

cubone
    My favorite Pokemon is Charmander/Charizard. :P I love me some dragons!

EDIT: Also, this is gorgeous! I'd love something like this on my right shoulder but without the rosary/cross and perhaps a daub of red on the rose. Mmmm, yis. Skulls!
    safe_image.php?d=AQBHUsGkaJjyhG-5&w=210&h=210&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdidih.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F09%2FThe-old-school-tattoo-butterfly-skull-tattoo-design.jpg

• Advertisement

That is beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

night in with the boy on Thursday after work. Now to my mother that I'm staying out. She gets protective. :pac:

Spent ages looking up the story behind these abandoned cities this morning. It's really interesting! I've put the links together for my dad if anyone wants them. I know the 9GAG post is a piss take, but the cities are in fact real!

http://9gag.com/gag/a75EM9w

I wish I could draw but I suck so hard. Bleh. Why must hands be such a nusience?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well this night has gone from good to bad, was over in the girlfriends house cooking dinner when she got a phone call to say her dad had a heart attack flew to the hospital were I'm waiting outside (I've only ever met her brother before not her sisters or mam ) they got told as soon they went in he's gone: (:( always feel so useless in these situations never know what to say or do apart from just be there for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Well this night has gone from good to bad, was over in the girlfriends house cooking dinner when she got a phone call to say her dad had a heart attack flew to the hospital were I'm waiting outside (I've only ever met her brother before not her sisters or mam ) they got told as soon they went in he's gone: (:( always feel so useless in these situations never know what to say or do apart from just be there for them.

Jesus, I'm so sorry to hear that. There's nothing you can do except be there for her, like you are now. You were great with me when my uncle died, so just do what comes naturally. Hope she's okay. Stupid thing to say, but I'm sure she will be in time. Just stay strong for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sorry to hear bro :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That sucks Marty. As eso said just being around is about the only thing you can do.

From past experience a cooked dinner that's easily reheated is a nice gesture. An ex of mine cooked a lasagne for me before and it was probably the only thing that my family ate for about three days.

Sorry to hear that marty, hope you are ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry to hear that Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Sorry to hear that mate. Just be her rock for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Sorry to hear Marty.

Just today and most of tomorrow left in Dublin before I head home again. Holidays go by too quickly

Got drunk last night, booked tickets for the zoo....soooo...guess I'm off to the zoo today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you get the €5 tickets?

yup yup I did, thankfully I also started a thread in AH about memories from the zoo and someone told me bout em! yay for drunk ideas

I thought fota wildlife park was alot better than dublin zoo plus I got to feed monkeys and a wallaby in fota and they just roam about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Just have to get through today and then seven days in Turkey, which thanks once again to grabone, only cost €179!!!

I sh*t you not :pac:

Got my camera today! A lovely Nikon D3000 starter kit. All I need to do now is wait about 12 hours for the damn battery to charge....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

That's tough Marty. All you can do is be there for her.

Final years has turned my diet to ****. Will have to start making stuff in bulk at weekends so can heat it up when I get home.

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Got my camera today! A lovely Nikon D3000 starter kit. All I need to do now is wait about 12 hours for the damn battery to charge....

I want a proper camera for Xmas cuz when I'm out walking dog or hunting I see some lovely things like buzzards soaring or deer feeding

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement