Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

****ing love the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lots of problems with my job at the moment but at least I can leave early for important stuff. Like drinking. Bottoms up y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I want a proper camera for Xmas cuz when I'm out walking dog or hunting I see some lovely things like buzzards soaring or deer feeding

Are you in Swords or can you get to it? Lovely folks down in the Camera Cabin in Swords Village helped me pick out my camera. They also let you pay things off week by week so you don't get that horrible "Dear God, I've just spent X amount of money on a camera! D:".
    Been paying my own one off since April and they're very understanding if you go from paying €20 one week to €10 the next. No direct debits- it's all done cash in hand and every transaction is put on file in a big blue book.
    Old fashioned but very good way of doing business. I highly recommend them.
    They also offer discounts on equipment if you spend over a couple of hundred- for example, my camera on it's own cost €400 but they happily threw in a carry bag and a 4gb memory card as I'm such a valued customer.
    Bought my last 3 cameras there and I wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thanks everyone much appreciated, funeral is tomorrow morning as everyone has said all you can be is there I guess be a shoulder and a set of ears.

Still sucks :(. Hope everyone is keeping well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thinking of you and your girlfriend and her family Marty.

I got to meet my niece today. My one and only, she's amazing. Tiny, perfect and I cried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got my nose pierced today. Was wondering why my nose started running like crazy afterwards. Just cleaned it now and copped it was bleeding not running! I really amn't the sharpest tool in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My condolences to your girlfriend and her family Marty! hope all doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Have you, your girlfriend and her family in my thoughts Marty x

Whilst keeping strong for her, don't forget to take care of yourself too in the process ;)

And I ditto doing some proper home cooked meals that can be re-heated. They can be life-savers in these situations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Got this today.....can't wait!!!!

280435.jpgheadbanging.gif

A7x are one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. 5fdp are the dogs bollox though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Arawn wrote: »
    A7x are one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. 5fdp are the dogs bollox though

+1 to that.love 5fdp.i'm pretty sure i saw a7x support metallica at marley park once.they wernt for me but if memory serves me they did a decent cover of panteras 'walk'

+1 to that.love 5fdp.i'm pretty sure i saw a7x support metallica at marley park once.they wernt for me but if memory serves me they did a decent cover of panteras 'walk'

you would be incorrect, the 15 year old kid they pulled out of the crowd did the decent cover

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

you would be incorrect, the 15 year old kid they pulled out of the crowd did the decent cover

haha oh yeah i forgot about that

probably still knee deep in clunge from that!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like (or liked, I haven't listened to their new album so I don't know what that's like) a7x, but I hate 5FDP.

Angron wrote: »
    I like (or liked, I haven't listened to their new album so I don't know what that's like) a7x, but I hate 5FDP.

GET OUT!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

GET OUT!
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sir, dost thou be a poet?

Know very little about what you're talking about but thanking for The Inbetweeners reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Anyone else seen this today? Make-A-Wish turning San Fransisco into a mini gotham city for a young lad fighting leukemia!!! absolutely amazing stuff!!! really touched by this!!

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/make-a-wish-batkid-is-saving-san-francisco-right-now-1465300198

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/11/watch-make-wish-turn-san-francisco-batkids-gotham-city/71657/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

GET OUT!
    Angron wrote: »
    No.

Yeah!! What he said! Pick a window son, you're leaving through it!! :p :pac: :pac:

On another note, we were looking at wedding cakes (oh, booked the band last night!! WOO!!) and came across this....an Alien cake!!!

280506.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

P.K.M. wrote: »
    ! Pick a window son, you're leaving through it!! :p :pac: :pac:

You had to have worked on the door at one stage :)

Myself and himself are looking at something like this:

1234153_10151801923557857_69669020_n.jpg

You know you've had a ****ty night when the highlight is being given free chips...but I got falafel which are damn expensive, so yay! Free chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Does anyone here know of any good places or sites for printing custom t-shirts?
    Seriously need one that says "NOT A KNOWN GIVER OF FUCKS" in bigass letters. So frustrated with certain gob****es in my life right now. Tried being subtle about it but they just don't get the damn message. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

McChubbin wrote: »
    Does anyone here know of any good places or sites for printing custom t-shirts?
    Seriously need one that says "NOT A KNOWN GIVER OF FUCKS" in bigass letters. So frustrated with certain gob****es in my life right now. Tried being subtle about it but they just don't get the damn message. :mad:

T shirt shop in Stephen's Green SC is good. I've used them a few times for presents.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yeah!! What he said! Pick a window son, you're leaving through it!! :p :pac: :pac:

Nah I'm not :P I just don't think 5FDP are good. I'd rather listen to Lamb of God if I was to listen to music in that vein.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Lesson of the day. Chestnuts are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Home from work. Absolutely knackered!!

Time for PJ's, homeland and knitting. Lighting candles and tidying up now first. Gonna be an early night for me!

I love the two sided wedding cake idea!

• Advertisement

My aunt makes fantastic cakes and she's making our wedding cake as a gift so said she'd do it no problem :) It'll only be three tier and it will be chocolate biscuit cake.

Can't wait to see the finished product, weddings is still 13 months away though!!!

I wish I could knit... I do try, I'm just not the best at it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement