Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    T shirt shop in Stephen's Green SC is good. I've used them a few times for presents.
    Sound. Any idea of how much they charge?

EDIT: January, enlighten me on what exactly chocolate biscuit cake involves?
    I'm considering baking something for the Christmas Day feast this year. Pudding would take forever, though, so I'm considering making chocolate Guinness cake as it went down quite a treat the last time I made it. Utterly deliscious, moist and succulent cake with sugar cream cheese frosting. NOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Basically melted chocolate, mashed up biscuits, marshmallows and sometimes malteasers (depending on your preference) pressed into a tin (spring based) and put into the fridge to set! Some people put fruit and nuts into it but I'm not mad on it in biscuit cake!

http://www.odlums.ie/recipes/cakes/chocolate-biscuit-cake/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Stupid work only done half day this week so didn't get loads of money to bring herself out
    5 years together so anniversary drinks
    :)
    Gonna fall home with her

January wrote: »
    Basically melted chocolate, mashed up biscuits, marshmallows and sometimes malteasers (depending on your preference) pressed into a tin (spring based) and put into the fridge to set! Some people put fruit and nuts into it but I'm not mad on it in biscuit cake!

:eek: give-it-to-me.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Watched Wreck it Ralph today, just brilliant.

• Advertisement

Watched Wreck it Ralph today, just brilliant.

It's great isn't it.
    Really enjoyed that film

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

January wrote: »

I had a pokeball biscuit cake for my 21st, it was great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Homeland.

What is going on at all????????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

kellief wrote: »
    Homeland.

What is going on at all????????

I fell behind after the first four episodes so decided to catch up yesterday. Got through one episode and decided to call it quits. The writing is just horrific, I have feck all time at the moment, not going wasting it on rubbish shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I fell behind after the first four episodes so decided to catch up yesterday. Got through one episode and decided to call it quits. The writing is just horrific, I have feck all time at the moment, not going wasting it on rubbish shows.

I'm feeling like calling it a day too. I have last weeks episode downloaded and I'm still to watch it. It used to be a moment it's downloaded I'd watch it kind of show, it feels like a chore watching it now.

• Advertisement

It's really getting irritating now. I want to watch it cos I have a few theories, but I'm not as excited as I was.

In other most amazing news, I booked tickets to the 3D screening of Doctor Who in Liffey Valley on Saturday!! I wasn't able to go cos I had a family party, but it's been cancelled. I am so incredibly insanely excited!!!!

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1463372_10202543276089385_414856479_n.jpg

It's really getting irritating now. I want to watch it cos I have a few theories, but I'm not as excited as I was.

In other most amazing news, I booked tickets to the 3D screening of Doctor Who in Liffey Valley on Saturday!! I wasn't able to go cos I had a family party, but it's been cancelled. I am so incredibly insanely excited!!!!

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1463372_10202543276089385_414856479_n.jpg

Doctor Who is another thing I am bit bleh about these days but when I found out the eye was showing thought I might as well go. Unfortunately it's sold out already. :( 2D TV it is then.

Doctor Who is another thing I am bit bleh about these days but when I found out the eye was showing thought I might as well go. Unfortunately it's sold out already. :( 2D TV it is then.

I don't know how I managed to get tickets. only 8 or less left in liffey.
    The excitement however seems to have intensified my migraine. I look like this today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Went out drinking for the first time in ages on Saturday. Still recovering.

Plus I'm going to a wedding on Friday which will be a big session.

I'm so used to not drinking these days. I'm starting to doubt its worth it...

I might be getting a SNES for Christmas! :D
    Granted, I'll be paying for it myself but it's really just a gift from me to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

McChubbin wrote: »
    Granted, I'll be paying for it myself but it's really just a gift from me to me!

Christmas 1994?? :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You should check out the Arcade and Retro forum.

Apparently snow is gonna hit is tonight.
    Hopefully it does :)

Those are the best kind of gifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Apparently snow is gonna hit is tonight.
    Hopefully it does :)

Snow is only good when you don't have to go anywhere! Horrible to have to drive anywhere in it, and deal with all the people that don't know how to drive in it, be they the over cautious ones, or the ones that try to drive their rear wheel drive car at normal speeds down the motorway!

• Advertisement

Snow is only good when you don't have to go anywhere! Horrible to have to drive anywhere in it, and deal with all the people that don't know how to drive in it, be they the over cautious ones, or the ones that try to drive their rear wheel drive car at normal speeds down the motorway!

And if you're relying on public transport good luck, your bus is not coming full stop. I used to love snow but now I only like it if it comes during the Christmas holidays.

I fcuking hate the snow yea looks nice for about half an hour after that I despise it makes simple errands a chore.

Fcuk off snow and stick to the north pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I fcuking hate the snow yea looks nice for about half an hour after that I despise it makes simple errands a chore.

Fcuk off snow and stick to the north pole.

It's amazing how your appreciation of snow diminishes once you start driving or get older.

Passenger wrote: »
    It's amazing how your appreciation of snow diminishes once you start driving or get older.

Ah he's just grumpy because his rwd BMW ain't going anywhere :)

SNOW! BRING IT ON!!!

Ah he's just grumpy because his rwd BMW ain't going anywhere :)

Haha Nah I'm okay driving in the snow it's the traffic that does my head in my ten min drive to work suddenly takes an hour sitting in traffic that and the thoughts of driving to Clane to see the girlfriend in the snow makes me grumpy Ha.

If I had the luxury of living on a mountain top and not having to move for a few days apart from maybe sled up and down as few hills I'm sure I'd love it sadly I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yup snow can go to hell. Unless it happens to come in those rare occasions when I don't need to leave the house and I'm fully stocked foodwise. Then I can enjoy it by not dealing with it in anyway except look out the window. I feel much the same about the rain.

Working through Arkham Origins at the moment and quite shocked that I feel the need to work through this game. Very disappointing but I did get a very cool statue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I can assure you being stuck up a mountain is fun for perhaps two days, less so once cabin fever sets in or the road become like the gates to hell trying to get into town for Xmas drinks!!!!

You nearly have to ride the taxi man to get a lift home, not many want to chance driving up the hill!! Many's a young person have been dropped to walk the last 3miles home. No street lights round these here parts!!

Better get used to the snow cos ireland is only going to get colder in winter.
    I'm bringing himself to get eye tests for learners permit tomorrow!
    I am also posting final documents for my dcu application. Terrified!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Better get used to the snow cos ireland is only going to get colder in winter.

But I thought if I kept dumping CO2 into the atmo then it would bring on global warming? They lied to me!

Christina Hendricks just showed up in Firefly. hamana-hamana-hamana. Someday if I watch this show enough there will be a second season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement