Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seems old man winter dropped by last night to take a p1ss on all the cars an the ground. Slipped walking to the garage. Fcuking ankle is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

See, that's what happens when you wish for snow! ;):p

Your ankle alright?

See, that's what happens when you wish for snow! ;):p

Your ankle alright?

Yeah it's grand. I don't mind the snow but ice is a fcuker.
    Only nice when it's floating on top of a bit of cider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

As long as it's not snowing in April when I'm due I don't care...

Winter 2009/2010 was bad... didn't know if I'd be giving birth at home with the snow! Thankfully it held off until I gave birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

January wrote: »
    Those are the best kind of gifts!

I bought it today and my stepdad kindly set it up for me. Been playing Super Mario Bros 3 all afternoon! :D Also got Killer Instinct but it's not as good as I remember it was when I was 7. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well, not until you master B. Orchid's crazy combos!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

anyone suggest some hotels for dub, near stephens green or so for next weeks session??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

anyone suggest some hotels for dub, near stephens green or so for next weeks session??

Generator hostel in Smithfield if ye're on a budget
    Westbury if ye're flush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Abigail's Hostel on Aston Quay is reasonably priced and right in the center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Have stayed in Abigails too. Secure, in the middle of everything, and clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I think I'm broken. Somebody come and pack for me.

Orim wrote: »
    I think I'm broken. Somebody come and pack for me.

Can't help you pack but any excuse for some Pantera...

What a tune. Loved to have seen them live at some stage.

So yar, I'm off to Spain tomorrow for the xbox one launch. Anyone else up to anything interesting?

So yar, I'm off to Spain tomorrow for the xbox one launch. Anyone else up to anything interesting?

Yeah, had a ticket for the Slayer/Pantera gig that was cancelled over 9/11, saw Down a few times though, good but not the same I guess.

Well for some, xbox launch, work trips to Seattle, methinks you've given away what company you work for somehow...

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah, had a ticket for the Slayer/Pantera gig that was cancelled over 9/11, saw Down a few times though, good but not the same I guess.

Well for some, xbox launch, work trips to Seattle, methinks you've given away what company you work for somehow...

Have I not said it before? I wish I'd given away the company I work for unfortunately, it's an indirect connection. I'm getting a good shot of it at the moment so who knows what will happen.

Trying to sort out clothes for the trip but I haven't sorted all my washing and clothes from the Seattle trip. Work trips are tough. Don't trust myself to sleep until I have stuff sorted but I need washing to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I wish! My life is pretty much consumed by assignments and studying at the moment. Tbh I don't mind the assignments too much (I kind of like them this year, even presentations) but exams are so soon and my notes are currently all over the place. I really don't feel like I have time. Think I'll be in the library from nine to nine this Friday just to get it all sorted.

God I feel like all I do on boards these days is moan about college work. I am sorry. I'll hopefully become interesting after graduation.

P_1 wrote: »

Just read this again. Fecking terrorists ruin everything.
    I wish! My life is pretty much consumed by assignments and studying at the moment. Tbh I don't mind the assignments too much (I kind of like them this year, even presentations) but exams are so soon and my notes are currently all over the place. I really don't feel like I have time. Think I'll be in the library from nine to nine this Friday just to get it all sorted.

God I feel like all I do on boards these days is moan about college work. I am sorry. I'll hopefully become interesting after graduation.

All be worth it in the end :P

Hey, it could be worse. You could up at one in the morning doing work for crap money for no real discernible reason. I really need to take some holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Been a busy week/weekend. Wedding wise (and I swear I won't go on for months about it) the venue is sorted as I said, the band is booked (they do amazing AC/DC covers and basically do 80's rock/metal covers :D), DJ is booked, she had her second fitting for the dress yesterday and deposit is down, I have the suit picked but it's in the UK (can't get what I want here) so waiting for an email back from them to see if they can courier to Ireland... I also had an interview on Saturday night at 10:30pm :eek: for a bouncer job. He said he'd buzz me during the week. So fingers crossed... I made a start on flooring the attic and I got an appointment for Saturday week (30th Nov.) for the next installment on the sleeve.

He's doing Leatherface this time. He reckons after this, there's just Jack Torrance and the Facehugger left and then just blend/fill in gaps and she's done. He wants to start working on the other sleeve then! :D :cool:

So how's everyone doing? (Nice to see Mylina back ain't it? :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Aww, thanks PKM xx

All steam ahead for you guys with your wedding! Exciting times :)
    And yay for new tattoos... I want another soo badly... thinking of getting side of leg, from ankle to knee done... Have no idea what I want though... Would love a gypsy style sugar skull, but have been humming and hawing for ages about it now...

Hi everyone *waves* :)

Mylina wrote: »
    Aww, thanks PKM xx

All steam ahead for you guys with your wedding! Exciting times :)

Yeah it is...it's still a bit away but we just want to get on top of things now.
    Mylina wrote: »
    And yay for new tattoos... I want another soo badly... thinking of getting side of leg, from ankle to knee done... Have no idea what I want though... Would love a gypsy style sugar skull, but have been humming and hawing for ages about it now...

Yeah, I can't wait!! I just want this sleeve finished now. It's taking forever!! LOL

Yeah herself (Binxeo) is looking to get something done on her thigh, and is looking at a sugar skull or skull and roses...something like that. She has great legs so it'd look so hot on her!! :o

• Advertisement

Was in work having a poxy lousy days fitted 120 yards of flooring into a school and we've another 450 left and heard this on radio and just made my day
    http://youtu.be/NGrUVHqt2mE

Loved this song when I was younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Listening to all the songs of my childhood. Savage stuff! :D

Gonna have a shower and play some Super Mario!

Hi PKM *waves*

Literally been having panic attacks/aftershocks since 9.50 this morning and while my lectures finished at 1 I only got home about an hour ago because I was working on group assignments. However, overall, I'd say today was a pretty good day. Just shows what being around the right people can do for one's mood eh?

Re: Panic attacks though I've somehow managed to start hyperventilating in such a way that I don't notice 'til about to pass out so I'm going to have to keep that in check. Also no more fizzy drinks since I'm pretty sure that (and a poor nights sleep) is what brought them on today. They're nothing but useless sugar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Today was a good day!!!

Wanna know why??

I hit my 1st weight loss today! :) Woohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Got offered 2 jobs this week with two top companies and had to turn them down due to college commitments!! :( been trying to get outta my place for last 2 yrs and no go, commit myself there until May next year at least and get two calls!! typical! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

gregers85 wrote: »
    Got offered 2 jobs this week with two top companies and had to turn them down due to college commitments!! :( been trying to get outta my place for last 2 yrs and no go, commit myself there until May next year at least and get two calls!! typical! :rolleyes:

I hate when that **** happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

kellief wrote: »
    I hate when that **** happens!!

After giving me a nice boost though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Anyone hear anything about France trying to ban tattooing from December 31st? Hadn't heard anything at all but an artist I follow just posted up a link on Facebook for a petition against it.

Then when trying to find more info found lots of links stating the U.S Army is trying to pass a rule that no soldier can have a tattoo below the elbow or knee and if they do they will have to fork out for laser removal themselves :eek::eek: what the fcuk is going on.

Also Niko Norberg in my eyes is currently just untouchable would love to get tattooed by him some day and hopefully someday I will, I'm keeping my back and right arm free until I come up with plans.

I love this piece he done recently, the realism the depth, the little details wow

1477539_619607314767316_772134939_n.jpg

That's crazy about France. I'm read something about US soldiers and lazer before but I forget the exact details. In any US military group though uniform rules and restrictions are really really strict and there's loads of them too! There's always been rules about visible tattoos so I'm guessing it's just an extension of that?

• Advertisement

Morning peeps. Busy enough morning - dropped the wee lad to school, went into the Social Welfare to get switched from Disability to Job Seekers as I was offered the bouncer job (pending a letter of acknowledgment from the PSA.) It's only one to two nights per week but it's all "above board" so have to come off Disability. Then went to the motor tax office to declare the Space Wagon off the road as I can't source a crankshaft pulley for it. :mad: I also got an email from my tattooist of the Leatherface tatt he's doing for me next Saturday, looks wicked!!! WOOOO!

Let's see what the rest of the day brings... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement