Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

That's crazy about France. I'm read something about US soldiers and lazer before but I forget the exact details. In any US military group though uniform rules and restrictions are really really strict and there's loads of them too! There's always been rules about visible tattoos so I'm guessing it's just an extension of that?

Yea from what I can gather it is an extension but one that is not going down to well, there has always been a rule of no neck or head tattoo's but there trying to bring in now is no below the elbow or knee which is going to far imo.

Plus it's not just for new recruits there saying if you are already an existing member of the army and have a tattoo in either of those places you will have to foot the removal yourself and nor will you be exempt from the new law.

The France thing I can't find to much info on the link that was posted up was in French.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Morning peeps. Busy enough morning - dropped the wee lad to school, went into the Social Welfare to get switched from Disability to Job Seekers as I was offered the bouncer job (pending a letter of acknowledgment from the PSA.) It's only one to two nights per week but it's all "above board" so have to come off Disability. Then went to the motor tax office to declare the Space Wagon off the road as I can't source a crankshaft pulley for it. :mad: I also got an email from my tattooist of the Leatherface tatt he's doing for me next Saturday, looks wicked!!! WOOOO!

Let's see what the rest of the day brings... :D

Happy days on the job congrats :). Sorry to hear about the Space Wagon :(.

Soooo you going to keep us in suspense till the tattoo is done or show us what he has in mind? :).

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Soooo you going to keep us in suspense till the tattoo is done or show us what he has in mind? :).

Have to wait til it's done I'm afraid. He asked me not to put it up. He's afraid someone could take the idea before he's done it for me. I have to respect his wishes. But it's a good 'un. :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Great news about the job PKM, delighted for you!
    Himself got a job yesterday and is delighted with himself. Must have been a good day on the job front!

I'm currently waiting on my cousin while dancing around my room to the Pitch Perfect soundtrack. Despite an extensive music library of music from many incredible people, I love this film!

Off out with the cousin, as she just arrived! Full day, work until 9 and working 9 to 9 tomorrow too!

Have a good day gang! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Congrats on the Job PKM!

Marty that artist is savage just on his website!! i have so many ideas floating around and no bloody money! feck sake haha

edit: well not his website but here haha: http://www.tattooartproject.com/tattoo-artists/niki-norberg/

• Advertisement

gregers85 wrote: »
    Congrats on the Job PKM!

Marty that artist is savage just on his website!! i have so many ideas floating around and no bloody money! feck sake haha

edit: well not his website but here haha: http://www.tattooartproject.com/tattoo-artists/niki-norberg/

Yea I'm a huge fan of his work, some of it is breathtaking.

Know that feeling well someday I'll win the euromillions and get all the tattoo's I want he would be up top of the list.

Not a bad site that, good facebook page to follow to. I've bought one the t-shirts off there aswell nice good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Yea I'm a huge fan of his work, some of it is breathtaking.

Know that feeling well someday I'll win the euromillions and get all the tattoo's I want he would be up top of the list.

Not a bad site that, good facebook page to follow to. I've bought one the t-shirts off there aswell nice good quality.

Yeh im gonna check out the facebook page later, they have it blocked here at work haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Anyone hear anything about France trying to ban tattooing from December 31st? Hadn't heard anything at all but an artist I follow just posted up a link on Facebook for a petition against it.
    free until I come up with plans.

From what I can gather, the French government are actually banning the pigments used to make colour inks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

On the army thing, To be fair it's the ****ing army. Should be common sense enough not to tattoo easily visible places.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Anyone hear anything about France trying to ban tattooing from December 31st? Hadn't heard anything at all but an artist I follow just posted up a link on Facebook for a petition against it.
    Not a broad banning of all tattooing, it's banning the uses of certain inks based on the ingredients (for want of a better term). Still a bit harsh though, and unless there's an absolutely proven health risk, it shouldn't happen.

A banning of all tattooing, full stop, would be nothing short of a nightmare to enforce, particularly in a country the size of France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    Not a broad banning of all tattooing, it's banning the uses of certain inks based on the ingredients (for want of a better term). Still a bit harsh though, and unless there's an absolutely proven health risk, it shouldn't happen.

Why are they banning certain pigments? Is there a possible health risk?

As for the army thing it's harsh but most military uniform rules are very rigid as it is. That said the below the knee part is puzzling, I doubt many variances of the uniform have shorts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's kinda hard to establish it really (most of the pages that refer to it are in French, and the translating pages can be very hit and miss). There was a few things on places like reddit saying it was to deal with sub-par inks or something, but I'd hardly consider reddit the most valid news source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So I was meant to pick up a couple of my wifes dresses from local drycleaner for a wedding tomorrow. The cleaner is closed with a sign saying they'll be open from 2-5 tomorrow. I've rang and text the contact mobile number and emailed them, all to no reply.

Now I know something has probably happened but I now have to meet a wife on the edge of a freakout after work ( her bank cards are here) and go shopping in town for a dress to wear tomorrow.

In the words of my daughter, I'M MAD!

Sorry folks need to vent the rage

EDIT: I've just been told she'll need new shoes to match the dress !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So I was meant to pick up a couple of my wifes dresses from local drycleaner for a wedding tomorrow. The cleaner is closed with a sign saying they'll be open from 2-5 tomorrow. I've rang and text the contact mobile number and emailed them, all to no reply.

Now I know something has probably happened but I now have to meet a wife on the edge of a freakout after work ( her bank cards are here) and go shopping in town for a dress to wear tomorrow.

In the words of my daughter, I'M MAD!

Sorry folks need to vent the rage

EDIT: I've just been told she'll need new shoes to match the dress !

She's right you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I know, I know ;)

Ah she's more annoyed about it than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

France actually ban a hell of a lot of things that we'd consider normal here. For a country that has a history and reputation of Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité the state over there has a massive influence over the individual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

P_1 wrote: »
    France actually ban a hell of a lot of things that we'd consider normal here. For a country that has a history and reputation of Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité the state over there has a massive influence over the individual

like red bull.

Damn those cheese eating surrender monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mmm, cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I do occasionally go to dunnes and get black of garlic and herb cheese and I will NOT give anyone a piece. Yas can all feck off! :)
    my cheese!

I do occasionally go to dunnes and get black of garlic and herb cheese and I will NOT give anyone a piece. Yas can all feck off! :)
    my cheese!

Dammit... now I want garlic and herb cheese... or chilli cheese.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Dammit... now I want garlic and herb cheese... or chilli cheese.

Chilli cheese slice with a garlic an herb slice on toast.
    Fcuking drooling here.
    Think il head t dunnes when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Then when trying to find more info found lots of links stating the U.S Army is trying to pass a rule that no soldier can have a tattoo below the elbow or knee and if they do they will have to fork out for laser removal themselves

I remember reading about this, from what I could tell basically with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan the US army were on a huge recruitment drive, now with them pulling out of these countries there is a huge army that they no longer need. So by doing this it's their way of getting people to leave and lowering the cost of the army. Nothing to do with the tattoo's, they relaxed the rules on tattoo's in the army when they needed people and now see it as an easy way to get people to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just ate sweet potato wedges for dinner. I'm still feckin' hungry. :(
    Desperate for some ice cream but I should very well know better. Going to go play Super Mario Bros 3 until the cravings go away. Mother of god, the pangs in my stomach are not human! D:
    Looked into it a bit on the auld internet and apparently I could be lacking magnesium or something. Mrrrgh. Either that or I'm carrying the Antichrist...

I'm a fan of smoked gouda delicious.

Nooooo! Winamp is destined to the great digital graveyard! D: It's my go-to MP3 player of choice! Noooo!

Wait, we're talking about cheese? I love a nice bit of Danish blue melted into my chicken wings!
    Also, this:

Guess what I'm eating :)

Sharing is caring you know.

January wrote: »
    Sharing is caring you know.

I know it is but I don't share most food.
    This is one of them

3Flj25N.gif

I bet it's this, you dirty git!

• Advertisement

Nope. Nothing turns my stomach more than peanut butter. Absolute rank stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement