Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Don't like cheese but I eat peanut butter by the spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Nope. Nothing turns my stomach more than peanut butter. Absolute rank stuff.

Getout.gif

I'm addicted to Reese's Pieces. Been begging my American penpal to send me a massive stash of them for years. Mother of god they are gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

McChubbin wrote: »
    Getout.gif

I'm addicted to Reese's Pieces. Been begging my American penpal to send me a massive stash of them for years. Mother of god they are gorgeous!

Don't you dare Big Bang gif me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Peanut butter is yuck... especially the crunchy stuff, I could just about tolerate it smooth. Reece's cups are sickly sweet... never had Reece's pieces.

Don't you dare Big Bang gif me! :D
    One, two, three, four!
    I declare a gif war! :D

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    One, two, three, four!
    I declare a gif war! :D

You win. I havint got the faintest idea of how to get a gif and post it.

You win. I havint got the faintest idea of how to get a gif and post it.
    No? Try typing something like "Alan Rickman desk flip gif" into Google Images, find the appropriate picture and right click it, click "Copy Image URL" on the menu that pops up and then paste it into the [image][//image] brackets. Simples!
    YmRovX6.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Crunchy peanut butter with apple... *slobberslobber*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Today, I am still on a buzz from last night's award in slimming world.
    I'm having pasta for dinner, then shower and bed. Up at 7.30 to mind the little fella for my neighbour until 4.30 ish, then in the school 5-9. Busy day!

I got himself a fabby doosy of a pressie for Christmas, he'll be delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »

I can't believe I've never done that. It sounds delicious.

So xbox.com is down at the moment. I don't know if this bodes really well or really badly for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jenizzle wrote: »

Crunchy peanut butter with apple I'm intrigued.
    kellief wrote: »
    Today, I am still on a buzz from last night's award in slimming world.
    I'm having pasta for dinner, then shower and bed. Up at 7.30 to mind the little fella for my neighbour until 4.30 ish, then in the school 5-9. Busy day!

I got himself a fabby doosy of a pressie for Christmas, he'll be delighted! :)

Congrats on the award :), I got some pics myself the other day from since I started training and eating healthy can really give ya a boost.

If anyone would be kind enough to give me a loan of a few hundred quid that would be great really really want to get myself a bearded dragon something I've wanted for ages read up lots there the most manageable and docile especially for a reptile newbie. Since handling a Gecko the other day the want for one has increased again it something I've toyed with for years but the thought of feeding them crickets always turned me off but its actually not bad at all.

Stupid bills, and Christmas getting in the way.

Few hundred quid??
    What is it? A bearded dragon made of gold. They're cheap as chips mate and about as exciting as paint drying.
    I was offered plenty for nothing but way too boring for my liking.
    Even iguanas or leopard geckos are more exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Few hundred quid??
    What is it? A bearded dragon made of gold. They're cheap as chips mate

I'd assume it'd be set up costs and what not. Not just the dragon itself.

Few hundred quid??
    What is it? A bearded dragon made of gold. They're cheap as chips mate and about as exciting as paint drying.
    I was offered plenty for nothing but way too boring for my liking.
    Even iguanas or leopard geckos are more exciting

Yeh thats for cage and all get a bearded dragon for about 50 in Reptile Haven near Christ Church but sadly can't home it in a carboard box :pac:.

Ah I've always like Lizards and Bearded Dragons are said to be the best for beginners to the reptile world, Iguanas grow to big for my liking wouldn't have the space to be honest. Leopard Geckos require more taming and i kinda like the way a Bearded Dragon has more presence.

Snakes and Lizards wouldn't be for everyone there not exactly a dog but I like them always have.

Leopard geckos are really tame. Feck All involved in them lads. I had one that would often fall asleep in my hand.
    I had a 4 foot Bosc monitor before. Now that was a fcuking lizard. I tried and tried and couldn't tame that ba5tard. Still have scars from it.
    Was thinking maybe in the new year I'd get myself a Argentinian tegu. Lad I know has a 5 footer Nd it's as tame as a puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

If anyone would be kind enough to give me a loan of a few hundred quid that would be great really really want to get myself a bearded dragon something I've wanted for ages read up lots there the most manageable and docile especially for a reptile newbie. Since handling a Gecko the other day the want for one has increased again it something I've toyed with for years but the thought of feeding them crickets always turned me off but its actually not bad at all.

Stupid bills, and Christmas getting in the way.

You get desensitized to the cricket thing fairly easily. The crickets themselves used to freak me out a little when I started working in the pet shop, as well as me feeling sorry for them!
    Few months down the line I had no issue picking up stray crickets off the floor! And as for feeling guilty, you might feel better by giving them a decent-ish last few days by feeding them some nice fruit etc, which in turn also makes them more nutritious for the beardies!

If Ben is still in Reptile Haven he should be able to set you up for under 200 euro including the beardie.

He's good at doing deals. My dad supplied him with a lot of stuff back in the day, used to breed snakes, tortoises etc.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    You get desensitized to the cricket thing fairly easily. The crickets themselves used to freak me out a little when I started working in the pet shop, as well as me feeling sorry for them!
    Few months down the line I had no issue picking up stray crickets off the floor! And as for feeling guilty, you might feel better by giving them a decent-ish last few days by feeding them some nice fruit etc, which in turn also makes them more nutritious for the beardies!

Yeh I noticed that myself the girlfriend has a Crested Gecko I've been getting accustomed to it more and more the ones I handled were already dead because she didn't like the live ones said sometimes the crickets would attack there crested Gecko. Cheers for the info though :).

January wrote: »
    If Ben is still in Reptile Haven he should be able to set you up for under 200 euro including the beardie.

He's good at doing deals. My dad supplied him with a lot of stuff back in the day, used to breed snakes, tortoises etc.

God aren't we a knowledgeable bunch in here on reptiles :), yeh I mailed Reptile Haven got a reply of Melanie saying about 285 to 300 depending on set up, housing size etc. I'll definitely be doing it just may have to wait till January which isn't really to far away.

Cool I'd say your house was always interesting growing up so with different types around.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Chinese Water dragons are cool aswell.Harder to set up and keep though.

I kept beardies for years.They are boring as anything really.

Had an iggy aswell and that thing was the most evil little ****er I ever met.
    Used to just tail whip me for no reason.

If you can get a Plated Lizard they are more active than beardies.

The tarantulas were quite good aswell.I still have a bite mark where a baby Pinktoe bit me.

Talk about screaming like a baby...I thought I was going to die from the venom. I literally screamed for about 2 hours while my finger swelled up the size of a golfball.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Oh yeah and a few hundred quid is madness for a setup.

I made my beardie one for 50 euros with B&Q bits and pieces.

Ill try find a pic in the A+P forum.

*Edit*

70 euros.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Chinese Water dragons are cool aswell.Harder to set up and keep though.

I kept beardies for years.They are boring as anything really.

Had an iggy aswell and that thing was the most evil little ****er I ever met.
    Used to just tail whip me for no reason.

If you can get a Plated Lizard they are more active than beardies.

The tarantulas were quite good aswell.I still have a bite mark where a baby Pinktoe bit me.

Talk about screaming like a baby...I thought I was going to die from the venom. I literally screamed for about 2 hours while my finger swelled up the size of a golfball.

Really everyone now seems to be saying Beardies are a bit to boring thats two votes you and Dopple hmmm.

Ill have to look up the other Plated Lizard and Chinese Water Dragons for info, wouldn't want one that will get to big. That little story at the end didn't help either :pac:.

Tarantulas no way could I do spiders freak me the fcuk out :pac:.

Oh yeah and a few hundred quid is madness for a setup.

I made my beardie one for 50 euros with B&Q bits and pieces.

Ill try find a pic in the A+P forum.

Really? Yea that would be great if you could find the pic.

Nice handywork ;). Looks like a good set up big enough housing aswell.

Marty if you want instructions I can give you a hand.I made that one in about 2-3 hours from start to finish.

Marty if you want instructions I can give you a hand.I made that one in about 2-3 hours from start to finish.

Yea if you could that would be brilliant thanks :), the price of the Lizard is not the stumbling block if I could do my own set up would be a lot handier and quicker.

Yea if you could that would be brilliant thanks :), the price of the Lizard is not the stumbling block if I could do my own set up would be a lot handier and quicker.

If you know anyone who works with making glass or anything that'd be perfect. Just ask them to make you a viv and throw em a few quid or build from wood but be carefull of what would you use and make sure it's treated aswell it it'll rot and lizard will end up dead from infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Really everyone now seems to be saying Beardies are a bit to boring thats two votes you and Dopple hmmm.

Ill have to look up the other Plated Lizard and Chinese Water Dragons for info, wouldn't want one that will get to big. That little story at the end didn't help either :pac:

Ooh yeah plated lizards are cool! Beardies are kinda boring alright, when they reach adulthood they usually become totally lazy and don't do much. But they're one of the most popular lizards to keep so people do like them!

Would you consider a snake? I had a corn snake before and she was awesome. Set up costs are lower too because they generally don't need UV bulbs like lizards do.

Dunno if its a pi55 take but there's an ad on Gunter of a lad selling a eyelash viper
    They're highly venomous. I assume its a pi55take because he only wants 90 quid for it.
    What about a blue tongued skink? Real docile and not a streak of aggression in them.
    Do not get any sort of monitor lizard unless your capable and have experience. My old Bosc was vicious and I've been around 2 niles and they were worse

Interesting is the right word all right! My brother had frogs in his bedroom... they used to bark... ****ing barking frogs keeping me up all night. He has tarantula's now. They have ferrets, snakes, tortoises... my dad now also has a pig, a horse and several chickens...

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Interesting is the right word all right! My brother had frogs in his bedroom... they used to bark... ****ing barking frogs keeping me up all night. He has tarantula's now. They have ferrets, snakes, tortoises... my dad now also has a pig, a horse and several chickens...
    I was thinking of gettin a bullfrog
    Size of them :)
    And if he annoys me il eat him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement