Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howyis. Story. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I was thinking of gettin a bullfrog
    Size of them :)
    And if he annoys me il eat him
    immediately taught of this ha :p

281484.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

P.K.M. wrote: »

What's the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeh thats for cage and all get a bearded dragon for about 50 in Reptile Haven near Christ Church but sadly can't home it in a carboard box :pac:.

Ah I've always like Lizards and Bearded Dragons are said to be the best for beginners to the reptile world, Iguanas grow to big for my liking wouldn't have the space to be honest. Leopard Geckos require more taming and i kinda like the way a Bearded Dragon has more presence.

Snakes and Lizards wouldn't be for everyone there not exactly a dog but I like them always have.

When I get to my laptop, I'll upload the pics I took of all the lizards in my apartments when I was on holiday :) they're so cute!!

Sup, how are you doing?

I'm having a mad day.

Off work, but had to help my gran do some shopping, then up to town to go into my head office for work stuff, now I've to go buy stuff for my mam, buy underwear for myself, a present for the boyfriend because I feel like buying him something, then home to shower, make dinner for everyone and then surprising the boy in work.

I love being busy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

In work until 9 and I could sleep for hours now if I was able. Wrecked!

January wrote: »
    What's the craic.

Same sh!t, different day. You know yourself. :pac:
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Sup, how are you doing?

I'm having a mad day.

Off work, but had to help my gran do some shopping, then up to town to go into my head office for work stuff, now I've to go buy stuff for my mam, buy underwear for myself, a present for the boyfriend because I feel like buying him something, then home to shower, make dinner for everyone and then surprising the boy in work.

I love being busy!

Busy little bee, ain't ya? :p

Was at the docs this morning, had to do bloods so wait now for a week to get the results back from that. Then fired up the two bikes (one is Binx's one is a mate's bike, just minding it for her) the cold weather tends to zap the power from the batteries so got them fired, quick spin up and down the road and back under the covers. They're both fine. :D

Just wait til 3pm now, collect the young lad from school and when I get back, get stuck into flooring the attic. Got the suspended floor done, but need to make a few changes due to the cowboy builders using sub-standard materials and basically just nailing timber willy-nilly so it's not a straight run. It'll keep me occupied for a couple of hours. :cool:

You sound more busy than me!

Bet you loved the spin on the bike :)

Have you heard anything more about what's wrong? Is it just the pancreatitis or something else too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Ooh yeah plated lizards are cool! Beardies are kinda boring alright, when they reach adulthood they usually become totally lazy and don't do much. But they're one of the most popular lizards to keep so people do like them!

Would you consider a snake? I had a corn snake before and she was awesome. Set up costs are lower too because they generally don't need UV bulbs like lizards do.

Yeh I'll have to look into it more herself is going into reptile haven on Sunday I think to pick up a few pieces I'll have a better look around then, I don't want to get anything that will be to much to handle for someone starting out.

Yeh I looked at Corn Snakes before I do like them but for some reason hav my heart set on a Lizard.

This is her own one

969303_10201250700122712_1704414510_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Would this be a good setup? Decent size? Reckon I could get them down on the price.

http://www.donedeal.ie/reptiles-for-sale/reptile-vivarium/6012114

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Would this be a good setup? Decent size? Reckon I could get them down on the price.

http://www.donedeal.ie/reptiles-for-sale/reptile-vivarium/6012114

Depends on the lizard you go for. That's definitely too small for a full grown beardy or plated lizard, better off going for a long tank for them.
    Best to decide on what reptile you're getting first before you get any equipment as they all have different needs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Not the biggest fan of lizards but I think igunas are quite cute. Wouldn't have a clue how to take care of one, though. I'd love a ferret, though. Mad things they are!

Marty, can I steal your girlfriend's lizard please? :D

I wanted to take one home with me but my mam would have murdered me, even if it survived both of the flights home :(

Bought another Christmas jumper, yay.

Picked the right day to buy the bf a present, too. He's stressed out like mad lately, because he's working seventy hours a week for the last while, and will be until after Christmas because he's the only manager available in his place. He texted me ranting about how stressed he is.

But he always tells me that seeing me makes him completely forget being stressed, and he starts smiling and being happy. So, hopefully the presents and me showing up to see him will sort him out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Marty, can I steal your girlfriend's lizard please? :D

I wanted to take one home with me but my mam would have murdered me, even if it survived both of the flights home :(

Bought another Christmas jumper, yay.

Picked the right day to buy the bf a present, too. He's stressed out like mad lately, because he's working seventy hours a week for the last while, and will be until after Christmas because he's the only manager available in his place. He texted me ranting about how stressed he is.

But he always tells me that seeing me makes him completely forget being stressed, and he starts smiling and being happy. So, hopefully the presents and me showing up to see him will sort him out. :)

The thought alone of surprising him will cheer him up so no doubt seeing you will really help!

Awh, thanks! I bloody hope it cheers him up, I'm not getting all dressed up and freezing my ass off in a tiny skirt only for him to be moody! :pac:

I decided to cook dinner for the folks today. Simple enough recipe: 3 chicken breasts stuffed with wilted spinach and herby Philly all wrapped in Jus Roll pastry and bunged in the oven for 45 minutes with a baked potato side. Simple and yummy. Hope it turns out okay as I'm not great making dinners- I'm more of a baker of cakes than anything else. Still, it'll be good to expand my repretoire. Can't be living off cake everyday. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

never ever ever ever stop working out if you used to train every day.....especially for four years....then decide to start back a month before christmas.....and never ever check the scales from yer old fight weight :s

McChubbin wrote: »
    I decided to cook dinner for the folks today. Simple enough recipe: 3 chicken breasts stuffed with wilted spinach and herby Philly all wrapped in Jus Roll pastry and bunged in the oven for 45 minutes with a baked potato side. Simple and yummy. Hope it turns out okay as I'm not great making dinners- I'm more of a baker of cakes than anything else. Still, it'll be good to expand my repretoire. Can't be living off cake everyday. :P

Let me know how this goes... sounds yummy! Did you use fresh wilted spinach?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yea if you could that would be brilliant thanks :), the price of the Lizard is not the stumbling block if I could do my own set up would be a lot handier and quicker.

Ok first you need to decide on how big you want it.

I went with standard lengths of melamine from B&q so I didn't have to cut much.If you buy the longer lenths you`ll have enough for the end pieces aswell.
    They come in that size.
    18" x 15" or 18" by 18"

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/joinery/furniture-boards/Conti-Board-White-L-2440-x-W-305-x-T-15mm-9276132?skuId=9285832

You`ll need 3-Top back and bottom and 2 ends.

For the front you`ll need these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3ft-4MM-SILVER-Vivarium-PVC-GLASS-RUNNERS-track-SILVER-/320540064414

You`ll need a small piece of the same melamine for the top and bottom of the front of the Viv for you to mount the runners on to.About 2-3 inches deep on their edge top and bottom.In my pic I used a piece of skirting board to hide this piece that the runners were glued to.Just to finish it off.

The important bit FOOD GRADE SILICON.
    You need to seal all the joins with this.It has to be food grade as normal silicon will kill your reptiles.

All you do then is make a box.Make the bottom,back and top first using the width of the boards as your guide for the end pieces.
    That was the hardest bit getting them to over lap right.The end pieces have to fit INSIDE the 3 sections so the take the weight of the top.Once you use all the same size melamine you have little ot no cutting except for the 2 end pieces.
    The runners just glue on to the top and bottom (open side) of the Viv.For the front I used Perspex sheets that were 6 mm thick.6mm you can cut with a Stanley knife and a ruler.I think these were about 4 quid a sheet-I used 2.

That's it fairly simple if you have a saw and an electric screwdriver.

You `ll need to wire it for your 2 lamps.

Don't buy "reptile" bulbs or starter units either.

An ordinary 100 watt spot bulb is the same for a fraction of the price.But you will need a metal or ceramic fitting.Plastic wont last.

As for the "starter" unit that a shop will try sell you for 50+ euros.If you have an old strip light it takes about 5 seconds to strip out the starter unit and wire it to a normal 3 pin plug.You drill 2 holes in the top of the cage(decide on the size of bulb you want) for your UV bulb and put the 2 fittings in there that you salvaged from your strip light.

Buy a couple of plastic vents,cut a hole in one end only and screw the vents over the hole.You only want one end ventilated to keep one end hotter than the other.

Brain is going funny after all that^^^^^^^^^

Awh, thanks! I bloody hope it cheers him up, I'm not getting all dressed up and freezing my ass off in a tiny skirt only for him to be moody! :pac:

Cheered him up. :) now I get to hang out with him for about an hour before he has to go do a gig. Fcuking busy cnut :pac:

• Advertisement

Let me know how this goes... sounds yummy! Did you use fresh wilted spinach?
    Yup. Never liked the tinned stuff anyway. I just bought a big ol' bag of spinach in Tescos and wilted it in a pot of boiled water for 5 minutes before stuffing the breasts. It turned out lovely-chicken was super moist and the pastry was nice and fluffy thanks to the generous egg wash I gave it.
    It's a pretty simple recipe to throw together when you're not sure what you want for dinner. I can PM you the recipe if you like. :)

Please do!

Please do!
    Done and dusted! :D Hope you enjoy trying it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

anybody watching Bad Ink on sky.its on lifetime.its all about people with bad tattoos getting them covered

anybody watching Bad Ink on sky.its on lifetime.its all about people with bad tattoos getting them covered

Nope. Watching Live at the Apollo....it's sh!t. Comedy just isn't funny any more!! :(

Listening to music on Youtube while himself immerses in Doctor Who for the 50th anniversary tomorrow night...

I tried watching a stand up show (can't remember the comedians name now :\ ) on Netflix a few weeks ago and turned it off it was so crap. I keep looking for a song by a comedian about fancying a dead girl but I cannot find it online... it was hilarious back in the day... his name was Andrew something I think and he was ginger haired...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Comedy just isn't funny any more!! :(

You're just watching the wrong comedy ;)

Listening to music on Youtube while himself immerses in Doctor Who for the 50th anniversary tomorrow night...

I tried watching a stand up show (can't remember the comedians name now :\ ) on Netflix a few weeks ago and turned it off it was so crap. I keep looking for a song by a comedian about fancying a dead girl but I cannot find it online... it was hilarious back in the day... his name was Andrew something I think and he was ginger haired...

Not quite what you were looking for but this guy is hilerious!

Haha oh I love Tim Minchin... I've searched high and low for this video though, remember it was definitely on Youtube years ago but it's gone now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Nope. Watching Live at the Apollo....it's sh!t. Comedy just isn't funny any more!! :(

dont worry PKM i think funnier times are ahead!!
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/20/eric-idle-tweets-first-picture-of-reunited-monty-python-team-4194636/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement