Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

McChubbin wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of lizards but I think igunas are quite cute. Wouldn't have a clue how to take care of one, though. I'd love a ferret, though. Mad things they are!

Just gave my ferret away.
    Feels weird not having any ferrets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Just gave my ferret away.
    Feels weird not having any ferrets

How come? Was it because she was lonely... I know you lost pups and stuff before?

January wrote: »
    How come? Was it because she was lonely... I know you lost pups and stuff before?

No the female died before the kits died. Then the father 3 days later so was left will polecat fatso
    Gave him to my mate cuz with work I had no time to play with him or even hunt him and he would be just left in a hutch.
    Not fair on him and not his fault so best thing for him.
    My mate will hunt him alot

2 iPhones and both are broke.
    Fcuk my LIFE
    need a phone for work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers Hellrazer really appreciate that I'm going into reptile haven on Sunday so hopefully after that I'll know what I'm going for and what size I need. Thanks again.
    anybody watching Bad Ink on sky.its on lifetime.its all about people with bad tattoos getting them covered

In work tonight and tomorrow night hours suck but good money for overtime: ) have that recorded was it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Stupid work today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Stupid work today :(

I hear ya, working myself. It's too cold to be out of bed :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I hear ya, working myself. It's too cold to be out of bed :(

Where I work has three wide open doors, one each side and behind me. last time I checked, it was five degrees. :(

So, along with my uniform of black skinny jeans and a logo'd jumper, I have two t shirts, leggings and a Christmas jumper on underneath. I'm still freezing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Where I work has three wide open doors, one each side and behind me. last time I checked, it was five degrees. :(

5 degrees??? jesus you must be sweating!! its -2 here at the mo haha

edit: I'm also at work today :( and to make it worse I'm not getting paid!!! needless to say i wish i was still in bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Yep it's -2 here in limerick! There's a breeze going around, am right beside a supermarket which is cold because of the fridges, and I'm near a door that goes outside too. I'm gonna be surviving on lots of tea today to keep warm I think!

• Advertisement

It's about that here temp wise, but about five degrees where I actually work, with a constant breeze.

I'm actually shivering. Pretty sure there's laws against working in such cold conditions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like it freezing >_>

Really feel lost without my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Really feel lost without my phone

I broke my decent and expensive phone months ago, been using a 20e blockia since. tbh i kind of prefer it without all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Nope. Watching Live at the Apollo....it's sh!t. Comedy just isn't funny any more!! :(

I don't think comedy's not funny anymore but I think the TV comedy scene is getting a bit stale, it's the same faces every time. Also some seem to phone it in for the likes of Live at the Apollo. I'm a big Jimmy Carr fan but I remember seeing a Live at the Apollo performance of his and I don't think I laughed once. There are also people who are really funny but hate TV, Dylan Moran is as brilliant as ever but he never does television if he can avoid it.

New people are starting to emerge though, Aisling Bea was on 8 out of 10 Cats not too long ago and everything she said had me in stitches. Mae Martin seems to be getting some recognition now as well. New people appearing all the time.

Also theres the whole thing of comedy being subjective, there are some hugely successful comedians that I just don't 'get' but I put it down to it not being my humour rather than them not being funny. Well except Russell Kane, I don't know anyone who likes Russell Kane. :P

This post was much longer than intended, if you haven't guessed I quite like comedy. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

I don't think comedy's not funny anymore but I think the TV comedy scene is getting a bit stale, it's the same faces every time. Also some seem to phone it in for the likes of Live at the Apollo. I'm a big Jimmy Carr fan but I remember seeing a Live at the Apollo performance of his and I don't think I laughed once. There are also people who are really funny but hate TV, Dylan Moran is as brilliant as ever but he never does television if he can avoid it.

New people are starting to emerge though, Aisling Bea was on 8 out of 10 Cats not too long ago and everything she said had me in stitches. Mae Martin seems to be getting some recognition now as well. New people appearing all the time.

Also theres the whole thing of comedy being subjective, there are some hugely successful comedians that I just don't 'get' but I put it down to it not being my humour rather than them not being funny. Well except Russell Kane, I don't know anyone who likes Russell Kane. :P

This post was much longer than intended, if you haven't guessed I quite like comedy. :o

Aw nice one...thought i was the only one who felt that way. I like Steve Hughes (Australian guy with long hair) but he's not on anywhere enough. I liked Lee Evans in the early days but he's gone to sh!t. Give me the old oldies any day...Laurel & Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Jerry Lewis, Norman Wisdom...top class!

On another note, went back training this morning after a 6 week break. I was NOT able for it! Could only do two laps of the circuit. It was only this...

Three 3 minute rounds on the bags with push ups and crunches in between each round. This was followed by
    1. Dips - 3 x 15
    2. Bench Press - 3 x 15
    3. Hitting tractor tyre with sledgehammer - 3 x 50
    4. Russian twists with 8kg medicine ball - 3 x 50
    5. "V-ups" - 3 x 20
    6. Pull-ups - 3 x 15

and then the last thing was a tug-of-war rope with a tractor tyre tied to the end. This was one end of the gym and me the other. Then had to drag the tyre towards me....Jesus that was tough going. Arms and shoulders are pulled out of me...

Obviously, the tyre and rope...

281652.jpg and this is the distance it had to be pulled... 281653.jpg

Feckin wrecked now!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Tyre doesn't look that big :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »
    Tyre doesn't look that big :-P

Small...

... Far away...

Well I got waxed for the cause. Wasn't as sore as I thought but made it through and got pi5sed and am loving it now

Roll on Ireland v new zealand

Hope yea went all out and got the back, sack and crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i'm booked in with skin city on wednesday for what i hope to be my last laser session.we're also gonna start throwin ideas around for my planned sleeve.altho the more i'm thinking about the more i like the idea of a half sleeve/chest plate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Slightly deflating sporting day today :(

Found this article about tattoos in the Manchester Guardian during the 20's, fairly interesting stuff.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/11/18/1384793787008/tattoo-001.jpg?guni=Article:in%20body%20link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

P_1 wrote: »
    Slightly deflating sporting day today :(

Found this article about tattoos in the Manchester Guardian during the 20's, fairly interesting stuff.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/11/18/1384793787008/tattoo-001.jpg?guni=Article:in%20body%20link

Mention of Swastika's in that article too! Should post it in the Swastika thread!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Mention of Swastika's in that article too! Should post it in the Swastika thread!

Ha true, I'd say life could have been fairly 'interesting' for folk living in England in the 30's and 40's who decided to get a tattoo of a swastika during the 20's. I'd wonder what the equipment and aftercare was like back then too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

P_1 wrote: »
    I'd wonder what the aftercare was like back then too

Probably non existent!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Probably non existent!

Dunno to be honest, I'd imagine bandages and maybe a wash once a few days might have been the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Damn you, New Zealand and DAMN THE ORCS!! *shakes fists*

What the fcuk is up with all the old threads getting dragged up the last week or two with random gibberish, very strange.

Went to Reptile Haven tonight such a cool place was there for ages think I will be going with a Bearded Dragon I like them :o, and as they are meant to be the most managable I think the best one for a novice to reptiles. They did have some cool Chameleons in there aswell. But I know from reading up there certainly not the way to go with beginners.

What the fcuk is up with all the old threads getting dragged up the last week or two with random gibberish, very strange.

Went to Reptile Haven tonight such a cool place was there for ages think I will be going with a Bearded Dragon I like them :o, and as they are meant to be the most managable I think the best one for a novice to reptiles. They did have some cool Chameleons in there aswell. But I know from reading up there certainly not the way to go with beginners.

A re-reg troll is stalking me and dragging up every old thread I've started.

I'm so jealous, I want a lizard :(

Good week coming up. Half days in work tomorrow, Tuesday and thursday, off Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, going to see Jimmy Carr on Friday, with free booze and dinner included and himself is taking me out for dinner, drinks and booking a hotel. Woo :)

• Advertisement

A re-reg troll is stalking me and dragging up every old thread I've started.

I'm so jealous, I want a lizard :(

Good week coming up. Half days in work tomorrow, Tuesday and thursday, off Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, going to see Jimmy Carr on Friday, with free booze and dinner included and himself is taking me out for dinner, drinks and booking a hotel. Woo :)

That's just really creepy and weird.

Yeh I'm looking forward to it now :). Just a quick question since there s afew in know in here, your man in the shop was saying best off starting them in a smaller vivarium then changing up after while as a big one can be to much for a baby?

Sounds like a nice week, I've got a busy week of work ahead then London next weekend :D can't wait. Also did have a savage steak tonight in the Butcher Grill 10oz striploin it was amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement