Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Good memories? I'm surprised you have any!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Never been to Germany before, but heading over to Cologne on Thursday morning for 3 nights! :D
    Gonna be relaxing and wandering round the Christmas markets! :D
    Excited isn't the word!

Enjoy :). I've been to Germay three times and always loved it and the people. Never been to Cologne though, sound like it will be a great trip.
    Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Good memories? I'm surprised you have any!

Hey they might be a bit hazy Oktoberfest is mental but even the hazy memories that I have still make it the best holiday I've ever had. Ze Germans know how to throw a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'll always admire Rugby as a sport and always like to see Ireland do well. What kills rugby for me is the atmosphere or well lack of one at games and the sometimes snobbery attached to it in this country ;).

Ah it really depends on the venue and the match for atmosphere, the RDS, Ravenhill, Thomand, the Sportsgrounds and anywhere in France are cracking atmosphere wise. Some Ireland matches in the Bedpan can be awful though. The snobbery is fairly non-existant these days too depending on where you sit or stand in the ground.
    Never been to Germany before, but heading over to Cologne on Thursday morning for 3 nights! :D
    Gonna be relaxing and wandering round the Christmas markets! :D
    Excited isn't the word!

Nice, I've never been to any of the christmas markets over there but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

P_1 wrote: »
    Ah it really depends on the venue and the match for atmosphere, the RDS, Ravenhill, Thomand, the Sportsgrounds and anywhere in France are cracking atmosphere wise. Some Ireland matches in the Bedpan can be awful though. The snobbery is fairly non-existant these days too depending on where you sit or stand in the ground.

Yea I've heard France can be good a few my friends have been over for Clermont v Leinster games and said they had some craic. Been to an Ireland game years ago in Lansdowne and one or two Lenster games in the Aviva maybe I just got unlucky with atmosphere.

Leinster fan's could do with some imagination though there chant must have taken them ages to come up with :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Angron wrote: »
    I think what was funnier was when some people the year ahead came into the room and I said what happened, they knew which lecturer I had :pac:

On Tuesday's we have a double class in the evening and with two separate rooms right next to each other. The drop off when switching rooms is insane.

Friends of mine are going to Germany this weekend, very jealous. I was invited but don't have the money. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got new hearing aids today. I can hear every single click of my keyboard and lordy is it ever loud! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Just got to meet a childhood hero of mine!!! JONAH LOMU!!! What an absolute legend!! Stoked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

gregers85 wrote: »
    Just got to meet a childhood hero of mine!!! JONAH LOMU!!! What an absolute legend!! Stoked :D
    Who?

EDIT: Googled him. Still have no idea who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

My little lady is refusing to let me study..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Mother****er.

• Advertisement

What a player!! Heard he had his health issues lately though

McChubbin wrote: »
    Who?

EDIT: Googled him. Still have no idea who he is.

He was a New Zealand rugby player! One of the greats in my eyes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My mates all went to dices last night after the match and later on were all in pics with the nz team. Ba5tards. Still gutted over the match. Was near in tears over it.

Anyway I couldn't be a prouder daddy right now. My little girl in her first show yesterday and while dancing decided to at the end break out in front the whole crowd and done a little break dance. Everyone kept saying she stole the show.
    She's just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Howdy!

I've been so busy since Wednesday, first day off since tomorrow, and at that, I'm in work at 6 for a bit, new student, woohoo!

I got a new bed and bedside lockers on saturday. They are beautiful!! So beautiful! I got a new big bruise on my thigh on Sunday morning after walking into aforementioned new bed. it's also beautiful haha!

Saturday night saw Doctor Who in 3D. Lordy lordy, it was just amazing. Absolutely fantastic!!! Brilliant atmosphere in the cinema and everyone was really into it. I loved it! Heading for an early night tonight, got one last night so nearly back on track. had a late night wednesday night and it's been late nights and early starts with full days on my feet since, but the exhaustion is
    wrecking!

He was a New Zealand rugby player! One of the greats in my eyes! :)

Even as a kid who had no interest in rugby at all, I used to be in awe of him such a powerhouse. He was like the Messi or Ronaldo of the rugby world in his prime.

Also I'd imagine one of the first and few rugby players to really catch the general media and publics attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My mates all went to dices last night after the match and later on were all in pics with the nz team. Ba5tards. Still gutted over the match. Was near in tears over it.

Anyway I couldn't be a prouder daddy right now. My little girl in her first show yesterday and while dancing decided to at the end break out in front the whole crowd and done a little break dance. Everyone kept saying she stole the show.
    She's just amazing.

Aw that's too cute :D

Even as a kid who had no interest in rugby at all, I used to be in awe of him such a powerhouse. He was like the Messi or Ronaldo of the rugby world in his prime.

Also I'd imagine one of the first and few rugby players to really catch the general media and publics attention.

The only players I've seen come close are the tuilagis and even then not close.
    I just watched the family guy episode of killing off family member. It sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

futurama did it better.

Possibly Chebal in his prime might have been close but he was a bit of a one trick pony

Arawn wrote: »
    futurama did it better.
    Who died in Futurama?

I don't watch Family Guy anymore but think they've made a mistake. Half those saying they will never watch again will probably be watching again in a few weeks but I still don't think it'll have the outcome they were hoping for. But then I no nothing about the new character so what do I know?

• Advertisement

Who died in Futurama?

I don't watch Family Guy anymore but think they've made a mistake. Half those saying they will never watch again will probably be watching again in a few weeks but I still don't think it'll have the outcome they were hoping for. But then I no nothing about the new character so what do I know?
    Brian

P_1 wrote: »
    Possibly Chebal in his prime might have been close but he was a bit of a one trick pony

Still never thought chabal. Sob could be better than chabal in his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Who died in Futurama?

Jurassic bark. throw that into youtube there

Still never thought chabal. Sob could be better than chabal in his prime.

Possibly but it seems teams are starting to figure out how to defend against him. Lomu is always going to be special considering how he started when the game was still amateur and even still it's strange to see a back being so physical. Chabal did have a very short peak all the same too

Arawn wrote: »
    Jurassic bark. throw that into youtube there

Oh I thought you meant a regular character had died. I know that episode well, I cry every time it's on. It's just too sad.
    January wrote: »
    Brian

I know what character died I mean I don't know anything about the new character.

Oh I thought you meant a regular character had died. I know that episode well, I cry every time it's on. It's just too sad.

I know what character died I mean I don't know anything about the new character.

Thought you said who died if FG not Futurama, sorry :o

Just home now! Great night had tonight at the Jonah Lomu night in Thomond Park! that man is an absolute legend!! so humble about everything, his ability and career!! and he was an absolute Gent when I got to meet him!!

he did a great interview and Q&A after the meet and Greet
    he spoke very openly and honestly even about personal stuff off the field!! that Man had a hard upbringing!! he threw out a few signed rugby balls at the end too nd my Dad caught one havent seen him move that fast in along while hahaha

@P_1 funny you should put that up its one of my favourite Lumo moments and he said tonight its one of his most memorable trys!
    Yeh your right about the health he's been struggling with kidney failure since around 1995!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Got mah hurr did...feeling pretty fabulous, not gonna lie!

I'm currently getting an assessment ready for tonight and preparing my lesson for tomorrow. My room needs so much work to get it the way I want it, since I got the new furniture. Need to gut my wardrobe though and throw stuff that I hate and don't want to wear anymore (I was only wearing it cos they fit, no hassle with that now!!).

Meeting a friend at 4 for lunch which should be nice. Just need to figure out money now...

• Advertisement

This is pretty cool imo Andre Zechmann showing his own process. Cool set up and no use of stencils.

Step 1
    1425661_10151739106772447_1596327948_n.jpg

Step 2
    1422587_10151739142742447_845109287_n.jpg

Step 3

1461697_10151739334427447_1217105905_n.jpg

That's as far as he gotten so far I'm sure there will be a final update :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement