Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So turns out some toe rag tried to break into the house this morning :mad:, can't open the front door fcukers went at it with a screw driver and have fcuked the lock.

God I hate scumbags.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

So turns out some toe rag tried to break into the house this morning :mad:, can't open the front door fcukers went at it with a screw driver and have fcuked the lock.

God I hate scumbags.

Shiiiit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Thats sh*t Marty. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

God I hate scumbags.

Yeah, I had that last Wednesday night. One of the neighbours rang me when I was at the chipper, to tell me someone was on my back garden skulking around. By the time I got up he was gone. Been locking everything away now. Can't be too careful this time of year! Scrots! :mad:

• Advertisement

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yeah, I had that last Wednesday night. One of the neighbours rang me when I was at the chipper, to tell me someone was on my back garden skulking around. By the time I got up he was gone. Been locking everything away now. Can't be too careful this time of year! Scrots! :mad:

I had similar years ago, sister was in the kitchen when she caught some scumbag in the back garden looking in the window chased him through back gardens but he got away. I'd love to catch one them. An ex had her house broken into on Christmas Eve/night they woke up to find all presents robbed, tv etc on Christmas morning.

Scumbags always come out in force this time of year, rang the Gards got yea there has been a lot of break ins in your estate the last few weeks there going for cars and anything they can grab along the way be careful and that's it no point in even reporting it really.

The lock on the door can't be fixed so need a new front door which is going to cost about 1800 :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What the fcuk, that's crazy. Can you claim for the door on the insurance?

There have been over fifty break ins in my estate and the surrounding three estates in the past three weeks. They knock on the door, if there's no answer a sticker is put somewhere the owner of the house won't see, and it's robbed.

They do it during the afternoon mainly when they assume people are at work. Happened last year too, and there were a few HUNDRED robberies in the area in the month before christmas. So we're getting cctv installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

My Granda is currently in hospital on palliative care, so pretty much my Nana has spent almost every hour in the hospital.
    During the week some Fcuker broke into their garage and stole a load of my Granda's tools!!

My Nana is too nervous to leave the house un-attended now so we are all doing shifts so there is someone there all the time and one of my uncles is staying there at night so she wont be on her own!!

Scumbag is too nice a word for some people!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

There have been over fifty break ins in my estate and the surrounding three estates in the past three weeks. They knock on the door, if there's no answer a sticker is put somewhere the owner of the house won't see, and it's robbed.

They do it during the afternoon mainly when they assume people are at work. Happened last year too, and there were a few HUNDRED robberies in the area in the month before christmas. So we're getting cctv installed.

Esoteric_ wrote: »

Yea think be going through insurance for a new door fcuk it.
    gregers85 wrote: »
    My Granda is currently in hospital on palliative care, so pretty much my Nana has spent almost every hour in the hospital.
    During the week some Fcuker broke into their garage and stole a load of my Granda's tools!!

My Nana is too nervous to leave the house un-attended now so we are all doing shifts so there is someone there all the time and one of my uncles is staying there at night so she wont be on her own!!

Scumbag is too nice a word for some people!!!!

Jesus Greger that's horrible, hope your Granda and Nana will be ok :(.

Sure is to nice a word I could easily go into a rant on my thoughts on scumbags and what I'd like to see done to them all but I wont :mad:.

Neutering the ****ers would be a good start though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Jaysus Marty...I suppose at least they didn't get in and get anything else on top of wrecking the door.

Very sorry to hear about your grandad gregers, do your best to sleep when you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Jesus Greger that's horrible, hope your Granda and Nana will be ok :(.

Neutering the ****ers would be a good start though.

thanks bud! my Dad has a big family 12 of them in total and rake of us grand-kids so we have a good support network around us!

like the sounds of that! ha
    kellief wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear about your grandad gregers, do your best to sleep when you can

Thanks Kellief!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sorry for Gregers and Marty.

In better news, I've got me a second interview :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Eso appears to have closed her account. Shame really, hope she's ok and comes back at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Such a pity and it's a curse when someone is following you around dragging up old threads of yours. Hope she's ok.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Marty, that's disgusting about the attempted break in. Absolute scumbags.

Gregers, I hope that you're ok.

I'm finished playing Santa this year... ordered the last of the girls Christmas stuff last night :D My eldest will be 5 next week and we were in Tesco yesterday looking at cakes. I fully expected her to pick out a One Direction cake (her favourite band as she calls them) but she picked a Doctor Who one, daddy was very happy I can tell you that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah ffs :(

I never get the people that go all crazy on stuff. Life's too short, just ****ing move on. (Not directed at Eso, the people that get the grudges or whatever and do the drag up old threads slock or the like)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Orim wrote: »
    Ah ffs :(

I never get the people that go all crazy on stuff. Life's too short, just ****ing move on. (Not directed at Eso, the people that get the grudges or whatever and do the drag up old threads slock or the like)

Aye never got that myself either but there are some very strange and unusual folk out there who do. It'd make a fascinating study in Psychology to try figure some of them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seriously folks this page is disturbing and awesome at same time
    Some things done are out of this world and scarification on it is fcukin brilliant
    http://news.bme.com/?s=collarbone

• Advertisement

Howyis!!! Wasn't on last night as I was at the O2 to see Five Finger Death Punch. Man what a gig!!!!! The Line up was Avatar, FFDP and Avenged Sevenfold. We don't like A7X so left as soon as FFDP were over.

I haven't been to a gig in years and the tickets for this were a present from herself. I was grinning ear to ear when I came home. Still am!! :D Avatar I never heard of, but played a couple of their tracks on YouTube before we went and I was pretty impressed. They opened their set with Torn Apart and within seconds, I was hooked! These guys kicked ass. Nothing original about the singer though, he was very Marilyn Manson-esque.

Then after a short pause while the crew got the stage ready, FFDP came blasting on with the classic Under And Over It. They rocked the place track after track with their best stuff and a few off their new albums. What did it for me was the skin thumping of drummer Jeremy Spencer. I felt like the air was being sucked from my lungs. They then finished up with one of my favourites, The Bleeding.

I was nervous going in because I've been let down by live performances of favourite bands before and I didn't want this to be the case here. Moody's vocals were amazing, Hook and Balthory worked well in tandem and Hook's solo's were perfect and Chris Kael with his mental beard was class too. All in all, a great night. I believe they're coming back in March to headline. I'll be there for sure, don't want to miss that.

A couple of pics from the gig, including a pic of myself and herself with Johannes (lead singer with Avatar....)

283193.jpg283194.jpg

283195.jpg283196.jpg

Jesus, was he wearing platforms or is he actually taller than you? :pac:

Jesus, was he wearing platforms or is he actually taller than you? :pac:

Nope...he was actually taller!!!! :eek: Not too many people I have to look up at...

One of the lads in my class was at that last night, wearing a FFDP t-shirt today. Still think they suck :P

Looking forward to my concert this weekend :D

Angron wrote: »
    One of the lads in my class was at that last night, wearing a FFDP t-shirt today. Still think they suck :P

Looking forward to my concert this weekend :D

Hahaha. :P

Who are you going to again?

Shining, a SDBM band from Sweden, and it's on my birthday :D It's cool when stuff like that happens, I had a Napalm Death concert before the day before my 20th.

Angron wrote: »
    Shining, a SDBM band from Sweden, and it's on my birthday :D It's cool when stuff like that happens, I had a Napalm Death concert before the day before my 20th.

Will you be around town after the gig?

Yeah, I'm staying up in Dublin all weekend. There's a board game thing at a friend's house up there Saturday I'm planning on heading to.

Well sure it'd be rude to not have a pint somewhere along the way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Did you see hellfest angron? Had to sell my Black Sabbath ticket cause I have an exam the day after :'(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement