Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, looks cool but I can't afford to go sadly. Few bands I'd love to see at it like Carcass and Behemoth.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, looks cool but I can't afford to go sadly. Few bands I'd love to see at it like Carcass and Behemoth.

Wouldn't mind that gig myself, esp. Maiden, Queensryche, Megadeth, Annihilator etc. Seen them all before years ago, but with a wedding to pay for this year it ain't gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's awesome but I reckon it'll sell out before I can get the cash together.

I assume you'll be at sylosis in April though! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hopefully I will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I will be. Some of my mates already bought their tickets today.
    Hopwfully I'll come to some arrangement with the lads in da Void :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Booked in to get the rest of the right arm finished up today with Michal in ReInkarnated, bit of a 'don't mention the war' vibe about Skin City mind :pac:

Also picked up a voucher for ColourWorks for the Mother's Christmas present too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Joined the gym today. Delighted with myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

kellief wrote: »

I didnt go training today but the guy in Burger Kings name was Jim.....

That counts right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

tattootechniques.com seems to be more and more of these realism artists offering dvds and stuff. €550 for this one! Probably worth it though if you're serious about it, insane money to be made in this field of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

P_1 wrote: »
    Booked in to get the rest of the right arm finished up today with Michal in ReInkarnated, bit of a 'don't mention the war' vibe about Skin City mind :pac:

Also picked up a voucher for ColourWorks for the Mother's Christmas present too

:pac: I'd say so I heard why Kris left and all I can say if fcuk me Pawel sounds like a lovely bloke :pac:. Always two sides to a story though.

Nice present for the mother :) cool.
    kellief wrote: »

Go you :).

Anyone here ever park in Dublin Airport? Looking at parking for the weekend and I'm a bit nervous about leaving my car there.

They have two types of parking one in the shuttle bus connection car park, or one right at the airport a little bit dearer but walking distance to the terminal and Im assuming more secure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Anyone here ever park in Dublin Airport? Looking at parking for the weekend and I'm a bit nervous about leaving my car there.

They have two types of parking one in the shuttle bus connection car park, or one right at the airport a little bit dearer but walking distance to the terminal and Im assuming more secure?

Never had any problems there... Car used to be there for weeks on end when I was away working.. It's secure enough afaik... you should be ok to park there... I usually park in the red park, it's the closest of the long term ones to the airport. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

fewtins wrote: »
    tattootechniques.com seems to be more and more of these realism artists offering dvds and stuff. €550 for this one! Probably worth it though if you're serious about it, insane money to be made in this field of it.

That's complete madness! Anyone who would pay that isn't looking in the right place at all.

Told himself to get one up and running, he'd be minted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I (almost!) always use the QuickPark one. They've a good secure car park, and when you book it in advance you are emailed and text a pin number that you use to both enter and exit the car park. Their rates are pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

:pac: I'd say so I heard why Kris left and all I can say if fcuk me Pawel sounds like a lovely bloke :pac:. Always two sides to a story though.

sounds juicy.i didnt hear what happened.i was in skin city the other day and they just glossed over it.i've a small project in mind that i want kris to do

its my day off today but i really wanted to work.theres overtime to beat the band in work which is just what i need for my tattoo fund.i did 14 hours yesterday and they wanted me to stay on even longer and they wanted me to come in and do a 12 hour shift today but herself is workin today so i'm minding the kids so i'm still going to have an awesome day anyway

so far i've got about 2k in my sleeve fund so thats going pretty well but the money is burning some serious holes in my pockets.i havnt drank in about 3 months to curb my drunk ebaying habit

2K!! Impressive.

2K!! Impressive.

ah its only impressive that i haven't spent it on other things/smaller tattoos yet.i've been saving up for it bit by bit for about a year and a half now maybe longer.i had more but had a lot of unexpected financial problems this year but its back on trak now

ah its only impressive that i haven't spent it on other things/smaller tattoos yet.i've been saving up for it bit by bit for about a year and a half now maybe longer.i had more but had a lot of unexpected financial problems this year but its back on trak now

Fair f*cks all the same. I can't even save my breath :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers for the info on carparks folks, I decided since the car would be there for four days and I'll be having a nice weekend sure I might as well treat the car as well and booked her in for a full vallet :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Got feck all sleep last night. ..poxy panicking and anxiety waking me up. No idea what it is I'm anxious about though. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Went to sleep late because I became part of the gta v crew
    You just don't see the time go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Just did my second interview. Pretty much got offered the job. :D

Just need to work out the logistics but it looks like I'm moving to England.

Went to sleep late because I became part of the gta v crew
    You just don't see the time go

haha welcome to the dark side.now you're going to become a social hermit for a week or so

Orim wrote: »

awesome.whats the job.dunno if i could ever pluck up the courage to move my whole life away.fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats, just hope they ain't sending you to Coventry mind :P

awesome.whats the job.dunno if i could ever pluck up the courage to move my whole life away.fair play

Yar it's a big step but it's a great opportunity so I've convinced myself. It's CSS role with MS. It's basically leans towards complaints but they're upgrading the role, so it should lead to more opportunities to move up the ladder.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Congrats, just hope they ain't sending you to Coventry mind :P

Nah deep south, it'll be safe innit blad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Made up with a best friend last night. The power of 12 pubs!

Sweet mary mother of jasus, tax in England is through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Sweet mary mother of jasus, tax in England is through the roof.

Doesn't actually pay for stuff though?? Health care, bin collection etc

Isn't that what all tax is for though? Although they have free healthcare which might be more of an incentive if I'd been to the doctor in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Isn't that what all tax is for though? Although they have free healthcare which might be more of an incentive if I'd been to the doctor in the last 10 years.

Well not in Ireland since a trip to a and e is 120e you have to buy bin tags etc

• Advertisement

Good point but I haven't had to pay either of those things in years. Maybe future me would feel the benefit of the NHS but it's a hard sell to pay ~7 grand a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement