Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Still off the drink since last week. All thanks to gta v
    But next week haha time t get fcuked up for rugby Xmas party and my big 25 bday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Orim wrote: »
    Good point but I haven't had to pay either of those things in years. Maybe future me would feel the benefit of the NHS but it's a hard sell to pay ~7 grand a year.

future you will love it if you have any operations needed, hell we were up north one year and one the lads got a good bit of stitching done for free

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Morning all. Well, I survived my second night doing bouncer. The usual couple of scraps but nothing major. Jeez the feckin' young ones are worse than the lads!!! :rolleyes: Anyway, here's a pic herself took last night just as I was heading out...keep the laughter to a minimum please!! :pac: :pac: :cool:

283703.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

All the kids toys in the background kinda ruin the tough guy illusion :P

jenizzle wrote: »

I know...damn kids!!! :o :pac:

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »

Kinda like transporter meets daddy day care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

PKM is the tie mandetory?? Almost every place I know you wear Dickies over ties!! I at least hope it's a clip on!

Young ones are they worst, they're the ones who egg the lads on, clatter people with shoes etc

PKM is the tie mandetory?? Almost every place I know you wear Dickies over ties!! I at least hope it's a clip on!

Young ones are they worst, they're the ones who egg the lads on, clatter people with shoes etc

Yeah, tie is mandatory unfortunately. But a clip-on is the way to go alright.

Ah, bitches they are, breaking glasses and going for each other. One young one was slashed last night because she was a lesbian. No other reason than that. :rolleyes:

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yeah, tie is mandatory unfortunately. But a clip-on is the way to go alright.

Ah, bitches they are, breaking glasses and going for each other. One young one was slashed last night because she was a lesbian. No other reason than that. :rolleyes:

Tis great craic, hope ye had gloves in the first aid :s

Tis great craic, hope ye had gloves in the first aid :s

First......aid???? :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha ha!! The amount I used to have to give it was a bit nuts, ended up having a couple of kinder egg toy holders in my pocket. Are fantastic for holding gloves.

Ha ha!! The amount I used to have to give it was a bit nuts, ended up having a couple of kinder egg toy holders in my pocket. Are fantastic for holding gloves.

Good idea that. I was looking after the young one who got cut last night...(by looking after, I mean jamming her in a corner and keeping a gang of young ones from getting to her) and she had blood all over her face and hands. She was crying, shaking and kept trying to grab my hand (for comfort I guess) but I couldn't do it. Having a pair of gloves in my pocket like that would be handy. And I have any amount of Kinder Eggs in the house. :pac:

Good idea that. I was looking after the young one who got cut last night...(by looking after, I mean jamming her in a corner and keeping a gang of young ones from getting to her) and she had blood all over her face and hands. She was crying, shaking and kept trying to grab my hand (for comfort I guess) but I couldn't do it. Having a pair of gloves in my pocket like that would be handy. And I have any amount of Kinder Eggs in the house. :pac:

It really is tbh, plus you'll know the bloves weren't used before, Always blow them up before use so you'll know they have no holes.

Tbh First aid training can make a whole lot of difference on the job between it being a mess with for example a girls friends freaking out all about you, or being calm as you know what your doing.

E.g. Had a girl pass out one night, put her into recovery position, kept an eye on pulse etc till she came back around, turns out it was a semi regular thing for her that had never happened in front of that group of friends. Makes a big difference you being seen to take control rather than stand around like a mug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Love the suit, PKM. You look very serious in it. Wouldn't want to cross you- a look that's perfect for a bouncer. Hope it all goes well! :D
    In other news, I'm currently recovering from a 3 day bender of birthdays and booze. Not really hungover anymore but jaysus my liver is aching.
    Why must mojitos be so utterly deliscious?
    We went to The Well in Swords on Thursday night as my aunt was having her 60th. Then on Friday, it was my mother's 56th so we had a few pints down in our local to celebrate that. Had just two Buds on Saturday but lordy am I ever paying it today.
    Still, had a great weekend and the house is getting into the Christmas spirit- just need to buy my festive pjs and some extra bits and bobs from M&S and I'll be sorted.
    Also: I got Super Ghouls & Ghosts for the SNES. It makes me rage quit! Fiendishly hard game!

Tbh First aid training can make a whole lot of difference on the job between it being a mess with for example a girls friends freaking out all about you, or being calm as you know what your doing.

E.g. Had a girl pass out one night, put her into recovery position, kept an eye on pulse etc till she came back around, turns out it was a semi regular thing for her that had never happened in front of that group of friends. Makes a big difference you being seen to take control rather than stand around like a mug

I actually did a four-day First Aid course a couple of years ago. I guess a refresher wouldn't do any harm.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Love the suit, PKM. You look very serious in it. Wouldn't want to cross you- a look that's perfect for a bouncer. Hope it all goes well! :D

LOL - thank you kindly....I think. :P

I actually did a four-day First Aid course a couple of years ago. I guess a refresher wouldn't do any harm.

LOL - thank you kindly....I think. :P

It really won't. Apart from working in a crap hole how are you finding it?? Got some comfortable shoes ??

It really won't. Apart from working in a crap hole how are you finding it?? Got some comfortable shoes ??

True can't kick sh1t into scrotes without comfy shoes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Laptop fell last night with earphones attached and in my ears. Was so preoccupied making sure the laptop was okay only noticed this morning the jack was ripped right out of the earphones. :(

True can't kick sh1t into scrotes without comfy shoes :)

LOL...I had a pair of "warm" shoes that were Gore-Tex too but weren't overly comfy. Got a new pair with "Air-Cushion" soles. They're ridiculously light, very comfy, feels like wearing slippers...and my back and legs weren't as sore this week.

Seen a comment some silly bitch put up on FB about how she won't be going back to the place because of the glasses being thrown around and the drugs being sold in the toilets and "...the bouncers not doing anything!" As I said, if we don't see it, we can't do anything. I personally do a sweep of the toilets and haven't seen anything untoward. What's the say the scrotes don't wait until after I'm gone to do their business. Not much more I can do except stay standing it the toilets..:rolleyes:

But yeah, to answer the question, it's ok. I don't know if it's something I'll stay doing but it'll do for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Just found out I got a pass with distinction, so relieved! Now who wants to give me a job? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

innad wrote: »
    Just found out I got a pass with distinction, so relieved! Now who wants to give me a job? :D

Well done. What were you studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Well done. What were you studying?

Thanks :D MSc in social research. If I had any money I'd be booking in for a tattoo to celebrate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Oooh, a Masters. Well done indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats innad!

Found out at our big scan today that we're having a little boy! Absolutely delighted. Went and bought a little blue outfit! My first bit of blue in the house after 3 girls!

January wrote: »
    My first bit of blue in the house after 3 girls!

Ah that's even better!!! Chuffed for you, well done!! :D Boys just rock....they bounce better! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah that's even better!!! Chuffed for you, well done!! :D Boys just rock....they bounce better! :pac:

Thanks himself is over the moon, we were convinced it was another girl. He was shaking coming out of the hospital ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Congrats, January! *gives cake*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congratulations to January and Innad. To continue the good news theme of the thread today, I got my new job offer today.

Not 100% sure about it though. Anyone lived in England? Want to give some advice? tax and rental fees have put a serious dampner in my giddiness about this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats Orim, January and Innad.

Renting in England is a bit of a mare from what I've heard alright, flatshares are pretty much how my mates who moved to London had to go about things for the first while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

brilliant positivity in here today.and here's my 2 cents worth

my 13month old started walking completely unaided today.just stood up in the sitting room and walked all the way out to the kitchen and back again.made my day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement