Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

brilliant positivity in here today.and here's my 2 cents worth

my 13month old started walking completely unaided today.just stood up in the sitting room and walked all the way out to the kitchen and back again.made my day :)

Nice one!! My 8 month old pulled himself up to stand and is trying his best to walk along the couch. A little too soon methinks but leave him at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

woop, congratulations everyone! Good news day all round :D

Never lived in England myself but know a lot who do and my fiance used to (til I made him move here :D), but I would definitely love to move there at some stage. Little sister moved to London in September and loves it! Which part?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Reading. Close enough to London and it's big enough in it's own right. Just hope I can a decent metal bar.

But the rental situation is madness. One of the places I was looking at is looking for 100 quid for doing a reference check.

Sitting here drinking a bottle and I've realized that it's pineapple and grapefruit. I'm not a big fan of either of those things. How much sugar is in this bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Orim wrote: »
    Reading.Just hope I can a decent metal bar

ah but you'll get an awesome metal festival every year if you move

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Which one? there's a few but the English festivals tend to be pretty pricey. I only realized earlier that the Reading festival would be on, had to read about it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

thats the one. the reading/leeds festival always gets a killer line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

But the rental situation is madness. One of the places I was looking at is looking for 100 quid for doing a reference check.

That's a bit mental, but I'm sure you'll get something sorted! I've yet to come across someone who's moved back to Ireland from England, so that must be a pretty decent indication of how people are finding it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Apparently, due to posting up a spiffy new profile picture where I'm NOT pulling a silly face, a lot of my friends think a small nose stud would suit me. I'm in two minds about it to be honest. I'd love to get something done because I still have the tattoo itch (but not the finances) but I'm not sure if a nose stud would suit me. Anyways, I personally think a hoop would be more hardcore but I've long been told of the dangers it can cause if it gets caught on something and gets ripped out of my nostril. :/
    Anyone know of any good places to get fake nose-studs/rings so I can road test things and make my mind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Evening folks good to see everyone flying around with good news, congrat Orim, January and Innad.

Just home from London absolutely shattered but loved it cool city, done all the usual touristy stuff London eye,open top bus tour etc also added in London's Aquarium which was cool and got to take in Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park which was nice and well the game was great craic and fook me it is some stadium top end luxury purely designed around making it a great experiece for fans. Best stadium I've ever been in hands down, made Croke Park, Stade De France and Nou Camp look second rate.

I have a mighty need!!
    I really need to stop window shopping on the internet. Someone take the computer away from me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

January wrote: »
    Congrats innad!

Found out at our big scan today that we're having a little boy! Absolutely delighted. Went and bought a little blue outfit! My first bit of blue in the house after 3 girls!

Congrats January.

Hope that scan is 100% accurate now :)

A friend of mine was told he was having a girl.Went out bought everything pink.Painted the room pink.
    Absolutely everything pink.

Then they had a boy.
    Watching him try change everything to blue and repaint everywhere ws the funniest thing Ive ever seen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

brilliant positivity in here today.and here's my 2 cents worth

my 13month old started walking completely unaided today.just stood up in the sitting room and walked all the way out to the kitchen and back again.made my day :)

First person my little one walked to was myself. Wouldn't walk to anyone else at 10 months old.
    It's great when they start walking.
    It's when the little feckers start running is when the fun starts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

January wrote: »
    Congrats innad!

Found out at our big scan today that we're having a little boy! Absolutely delighted. Went and bought a little blue outfit! My first bit of blue in the house after 3 girls!

Lucky little kid. He's gonna be able to do anything he wants. Take it from me, the only boy in a family full of girls. I could literally get away with murder :pac:
    Reading. Close enough to London and it's big enough in it's own right. Just hope I can a decent metal bar.

Hmmm. I think a mate of mine used to run a metal bar in Reading. I shall make some enquiries.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Congrats January.

Hope that scan is 100% accurate now :)

A friend of mine was told he was having a girl.Went out bought everything pink.Painted the room pink.
    Absolutely everything pink.

Then they had a boy.
    Watching him try change everything to blue and repaint everywhere ws the funniest thing Ive ever seen!!!

Shhhhhhhh... thankfully I've loads of girls clothes kept up but shhhhhh.

Went for blood tests yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back positive for anaemia. I'm so ****ing tired that it's a joke at this stage. Been falling asleep in class and constantly tired all the time. I'll wait and see, though...
    Ordered my Christmas pyjamas today!
    They are made of purple and black polka dot satin and they look smashing! Hopefully they won't take an age to arrive.
    I'm thinking of taking my aunt to see Anchorman 2 this weekend. Good memories of seeing the first down in Waterford so it seems only fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Study is not going well, got less in my Spanish presentation than I expected so that's the third result I'm disappointed in and seriously convinced I'm going to fail my first exam. Just want to curl up in bed and stay there for a very long time.

Boo-urns. No Anchorman 2 'til Thursday. I shall sit impatiently in a glass cage of emotion!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
    giphy.gif
    I love Dory! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Anyone getting a 13 tattoo tomorrow? I'm in two minds cause I don't know where to put it! Only found out today that I have tomorrow off, hence the last minute decision making!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Anyone getting a 13 tattoo tomorrow? I'm in two minds cause I don't know where to put it! Only found out today that I have tomorrow off, hence the last minute decision making!!

Was thinking about it, Angel Art in Mullingar are doing it and I might be in there anyway....but no cash for a few weeks puts a halt to that!! :mad:

Was half considering but I'm not took keen on any of the AWOL designs. Don't think anywhere else in Galway is doing it.

I can't decide on a design (though I have narrowed it down), or where to put it! My best chance of getting a slot is to head in first thing but if I can't make up my mind I won't bother

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was tempted to get something for the XIII legion in Warhammer, but if I get something 40K related it'll be the Wolves.

Settled on the Eye of Horus one, I'd have been planning on an
    Egyptian tattoo eventually anyway!

Work done for the weeks only three more working days left until the Xmas holidays can't wait, but until I'm heading to see Le Galaxie at Midnight in the Olympia tonight should be good craic. Bring on the pints :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Working in Mullingar tomorrow, have to train staff for another branch. Extra money for presents for people :) the boy bought my Christmas present today :) I'm pretty sure I know what it is. :) I have half of his. Got him a juicer last night cause his trainer told him to get one and he wants one. Also getting him a play station plus subscription :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Joey left slipknot. **** you friday the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Usually post everyday but flat out in work till Xmas eve thank god. Making money so no complaints.
    Rugby Xmas party tomoro and at midnight I'm officially 25 years old :)
    Gonna be palatic drunk tomoro. Watch Leinster game and enjoy my night with the rugby lads :)

• Advertisement

tygjj
    gggg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement