Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

There's a pop-up cafe in Galway at the moment that serves, among other things, vegan cupcakes. Vegan. Cupcakes. Was planning to go into town tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hi gang! Haven't been posting much due to work being crazy. I'm with green_screen on the days off, except I'm in Stephen's Day, so just Christmas Day off for me.
    Things were going great until yesterday! I've been in chronic pain for 2 years know, found out in August the reason we thought I was in pain wasn't actually the cause, so I had to find another consultant (who I don't think exists), but the op I had seemed to work. It started to come back Saturday, ignored it. Suddenly got worse Sunday, still bad yesterday morning so I went to the docs. I didn't think it was the normal pain, felt different, very sudden etc etc. Had an ear infection too so needed a trip. Doc thinks my appendix is about to go, so off to A&E for me. Was seen fairly urgently as I had a rumbling appendix (that still sounds hilarious) before. Turns out my appendix is fine. As is everything else. I basically have an idiopathic chronic pain. Nothing acute is wrong with any of my organs in that area. All bloods are clear. So that's a relief. It just means I'm in pain with no cause and no solution and I basically need to live with it. So that was fun.

I also dropped my phone and it boll**xed itself on the floor and need to fork out 250 to get the screen fixed cos like an idiot, I didn't insure it.

Yesterday was not a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

osaurus wrote: »
    A gift certificate for a proper decent massage. Goes for anyone, male or female. Amaaazing!

There's a great massage place above Flip/Helter Skelter etc.
    Yer wan walked on my back a few weeks ago, hurt like bejesus, but I actually felt taller afterwards, think it's the first time I've ever actually stood up straight :pac:

http://www.koratthaimassage.webs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

There's a great massage place above Flip/Helter Skelter etc.
    Yer wan walked on my back a few weeks ago, hurt like bejesus, but I actually felt taller afterwards, think it's the first time I've ever actually stood up straight :pac:

http://www.koratthaimassage.webs.com/
    Spent most of the summer in SE Asia. 6euro got me an hour massage, the prices here make me cry but think I may be good to myself and get one in new year.

I got a deal off grabone for €15 for 30 mins, and I asked the lady what the usual charge is and she said €30, but €20 for repeat customers. Well worth it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got woken up this morning at 7am by my mother yanking the bedroom door open and yelling " PACKAAAAAGE!!"
    Got a massive box full of treats from America: Snickers Almond bars, Herseys, Reese's Pieces, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Pop Tarts, Lucky Charms, Macaroni Cheese, homemade raspberry jam, homemade pumpkin spice butter (Ermagerd it's orgasmic!) and a handmade pair of pyjama pants with skulls and bones on them.
    I am a happy bunny! :D

Any Dublin rock/metal peoples not doing anything tomorrow night, come to Fibbers downstairs. There's five or six bands playing, including my band Mother Mooch, we're kinda grungey stoner rock with a little punk thrown in for good measure.

We're on at 9.45.

It's a fiver in and there's drinks promotions and stuff.

www.breakingtunes.com/mothermooch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

\\Comment about weather

Slightly hungover today and just managed to smash a plate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    Slightly hungover today and just managed to smash a plate.

You are soooo rock an' roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So Salthill is underwater.

Nose piercing is healing a bit slower than I expected. Was planning on getting my septum done Saturday so I could avail of the Christmas offer but I dunno if it would be better to wait. Of course this is all presuming the weather will have improved...which isn't looking all that likely. It's after starting to rain again just now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So how is everyone?

Been a while since I posted with some RL crap going on.Hopefully all sorted now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm good, watching a friend play Assassin's Creed: Black Flag at the moment. How're you Hellrazer?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

osaurus wrote: »
    Spent most of the summer in SE Asia. 6euro got me an hour massage, the prices here make me cry but think I may be good to myself and get one in new year.

:o

Welcome back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So today is my 30th birthday and on this day I had it confirmed by a doctor that me and the girlfriend are going to be parents :). I have a little nipper on the way :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Congrats, Marty! MAY YOUR FIRST CHILD BE A MASCULINE CHILD! :D
    Anyone here going to the Beers in Sweetmans tomorrow?
    Had my final day of college and we had a merry quiz day. My team came second and won a box of Roses which one of my class mates robbed while I was serving up the cake. :/
    Granted, Roses are feckin' manky as far as selection boxes go but still- my granny likes them...
    Everyone set for Christmas? I've got pretty much all my shopping done and I wrapped all the presents so not much left to do other than put a wash on and clean up the house for when the reletives descend on it.
    There'll be 11 of us in for Christmas dinner. Chthultu help me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Congrats Marty.

That the AH beers McChubbin? I'd like to go, but can't afford to sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So today is my 30th birthday and on this day I had it confirmed by a doctor that me and the girlfriend are going to be parents :). I have a little nipper on the way :D.

Congrats bud!! nice bitta news for xmas!! :)

Edit: Jebus just seen it was you Birthday too man haha happy birthday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Aww congrats Marty! And happy birthday :D

Fun day at work today! management bought every one 2 bottles of wine, selection box and a rake of other silly goodies, nice little gesture!

Giving out our secret santa presents to each other too! i got a lynx set and a novelty mug ha it really is xmas lol :rolleyes:

the job hired a guy dressed as Santa to do it! just got my pic taken there :cool: :pac:
    sat on the lads knee, wouldnt be the lightest myself, his leg gave in under the weight nd he tried to throw me, i went one way and he went the other! made for a funny pic lol :pac: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Congrats Marty. As a Dad of 6, if you ever need advice....don't feckin' ask me, I'm lost too!!! :P :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheers everyone :).
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    Congrats Marty. As a Dad of 6, if you ever need advice....don't feckin' ask me, I'm lost too!!! :P :pac:

:pac::pac: at least I know I wont be the only one lost.

gregers85 wrote: »
    Fun day at work today! management bought every one 2 bottles of wine, selection box and a rake of other silly goodies, nice little gesture!

Giving out our secret santa presents to each other too! i got a lynx set and a novelty mug ha it really is xmas lol :rolleyes:

the job hired a guy dressed as Santa to do it! just got my pic taken there :cool: :pac:
    sat on the lads knee, wouldnt be the lightest myself, his leg gave in under the weight nd he tried to throw me, i went one way and he went the other! made for a funny pic lol :pac: :o

You have to throw up the pic after telling us that ;).

You have to throw up the pic after telling us that ;).

soon as i get it i'll pop it up haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats to you and the girlfriend Marty! When is she due? Happy birthday also, double whammy on the celebration front!

January wrote: »
    Congrats to you and the girlfriend Marty! When is she due? Happy birthday also, double whammy on the celebration front!

Cheers January :), she is due August 3rd one day before her sister is due :pac:.

You got long left?

Cheers January :), she is due August 3rd one day before her sister is due :pac:.

You got long left?

April 24th is my due date :) It will fly in after Christmas is done with, himself was hoping to go see Jeff Dunham in April in the O2 but it's on the day I'm due so we won't take the chance haha.

Don't forget to pop onto the pregnancy forum, we have a thread dedicated to the daddy's and it's a great source of info!

January wrote: »
    April 24th is my due date :) It will fly in after Christmas is done with, himself was hoping to go see Jeff Dunham in April in the O2 but it's on the day I'm due so we won't take the chance haha.

Don't forget to pop onto the pregnancy forum, we have a thread dedicated to the daddy's and it's a great source of info!

Haha yea be a bit eventful if ye were to go into labour in the middle of a gig.

Yea cheers I've no doubt I'll be paying a visit soaking up as much info as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congrats Marty

It just cost me more money to get a bag on a plane then it costs to get myself on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats Marty

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Congrats Marty

It just cost me more money to get a bag on a plane then it costs to get myself on the plane.

Didn't think excess baggage charges and men went together at all...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement