Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Stephens night and new years and paddys are the worst days of the year pkm. If you manage through them you'll be fine the rest of the year

Aye, I heard that alright. I'm on New Year's Eve too. That's gonna be just as packed but I reckon everyone will be in good form so it's kinda different. I think. LOL
    January wrote: »
    P.K.M. work is work :p even if it is a pain in the hole!

Yes it is, and I'm glad to have it. I reckon after Christmas it could go back to one night a week so I'll take what's going.
    Orim wrote: »
    Surprised no one picked up on this. What is it?

Ah ignore her. She's mad as a mad thing on mad pills in Mad Town on Madday. She has her own language, usually when intoxicated though. :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Aye, I heard that alright. I'm on New Year's Eve too. That's gonna be just as packed but I reckon everyone will be in good form so it's kinda different. I think. LOL

Yes it is, and I'm glad to have it. I reckon after Christmas it could go back to one night a week so I'll take what's going.

Ah ignore her. She's mad as a mad thing on mad pills in Mad Town on Madday. She has her own language, usually when intoxicated though. :D:p

I blame the champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

10400_181702428641310_164806320_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well good luck P.K.M, and who knows, it might not be that bad.

Drunken surfing the net rarely works out too well for me, either talk shíte here, or drunkenly skype my friends in America :pac: And then there's the few times I've woken up to find I've bought stuff on Steam >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Himself has been out of work nearly a year now... drives me batty having him around all the time :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Angron wrote: »
    Well good luck P.K.M, and who knows, it might not be that bad.

Drunken surfing the net rarely works out too well for me, either talk shíte here, or drunkenly skype my friends in America :pac:

I was drunk texting himself telling him how great I think he is. I'm extremely open with my feelings when I'm drunk, and quite stand offish while sober, so I got a massive hug and was told how nice it is when I'm open with my feelings. So I should get drunk more, it'll make him happy :D

I blame the champagne.

Of course you do....

tumblr_llhacsTJRS1qew5ie.gif

Himself has been out of work nearly a year now... drives me batty having him around all the time :p

Yeah, that's what herself has been telling me too.I would have thought it would be GREAT to have me around all the time. I guess not... :( :pac:
    ...and quite stand offish while sober....

No sh!t Sherlock!! :p
    So I should get drunk more, i'll make him happy

*snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Yeah, that's what herself has been telling me too.I would have thought it would be GREAT to have me around all the time. I guess not... :( :pac:

My friends parents have been married well over thirty years and got together first when they were about 14 or 15. Her dad is in the army and her mother says him being away six months of the years has helped a lot. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

14.5 hour and 13 hour shifts in 2 days, thank jaysus that's done. Few nips of beer now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

osaurus wrote: »
    14.5 hour and 13 hour shifts in 2 days, thank jaysus that's done. Few nips of beer now.

Sounds well deserved. Enjoy.

Watching early Star Trek:TNG for the first time. Dunno why it gets a bad rep. I think it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

osaurus wrote: »

Always find that crazy, in any other profession there would be concerns about someone's performance for that long a shift. Health and safety etc... Having done best part of a year of 12 hour shifts, I know they're draining!

Always find that crazy, in any other profession there would be concerns about someone's performance for that long a shift. Health and safety etc... Having done best part of a year of 12 hour shifts, I know they're draining!

Long shifts like are common enough in a fair amount of professions. Anything with launches and deadlines.

I always find doctors and truck drivers the weirdest. Truck drivers are limited for safety reasons yet doctors can end up working stupidly long shifts.

Damo I'm a beast when it comes to working, dollah dollah bills y'all as they say. Yesterday was hell, viral vomitting bug outbreak, today was handy out thankfully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Went to the relatives, had some Jack Daniels. Got home, had some more Jack Daniels. It's been a decent evening.

Nice. I'm hitting sierra nevada, narwhal. It's a 10.2% beast and it's kicking my ass. Bed after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

So today is my 30th birthday and on this day I had it confirmed by a doctor that me and the girlfriend are going to be parents :). I have a little nipper on the way :D.

Congratulations man.

Watching early Star Trek:TNG for the first time. Dunno why it gets a bad rep. I think it's brilliant.

The first season or two were a little cheesy, but it got much better after that. Still enjoy the early cheesy episodes though :D

The first season or two were a little cheesy, but it got much better after that. Still enjoy the early cheesy episodes though :D

I'm enjoying it. I think it's down to the fact that the characters didn't change much in the later episodes so I'm enjoying watching everyone find their stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I'm enjoying it. I think it's down to the fact that the characters didn't change much in the later episodes so I'm enjoying watching everyone find their stride.

After Troi lost her ridiculous Greek/Russian accent or whatever it was supposed to be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Howdy folks. Been bit since I've been on. Spent last Sunday recovering for my birthday. To say I was pis5ed would be an understatement.
    Great night. Everyone all set for Xmas?? I have one or two more things that I'm getting today and then I'm finished. Have few pints tomoro and be home early for wrapping presents :)
    Hope me little girl is better by then. She's a real bad cough and it's going on through the night. Poor babz.

• Advertisement

Howdy folks. Been bit since I've been on. Spent last Sunday recovering for my birthday. To say I was pis5ed would be an understatement.
    Great night. Everyone all set for Xmas?? I have one or two more things that I'm getting today and then I'm finished. Have few pints tomoro and be home early for wrapping presents :)
    Hope me little girl is better by then. She's a real bad cough and it's going on through the night. Poor babz.

My three girls were all out of action last week and still have those horrible coughs. The 3 year old still seems to be getting temps on and off so body is definitely fighting something. Hope she's better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It's horrible isn't it. She's asleep now. Up half the night coughing. Poor babz.
    Other news I'm in in 4 weeks for roughly 7 hours. First is to get my tribal sleeve finished on my arm up t my chest and then my 4 horse of the apocolypse done on my back

The 3 year old still seems to be getting temps on and off so body is definitely fighting something.

Sounds like the same dose that was killing me for around a week! Temperature would spike and made it really difficult to keep the body temperature regulated at all!

Sounds like the same dose that was killing me for around a week! Temperature would spike and made it really difficult to keep the body temperature regulated at all!

Yeah, she's asleep here beside me now, she got it last Wednesday so hopefully it starts to lift soon... They usually sleep with with fleece pj's on at this time of year but she's back into her normal pj's because I don't want her getting too warm at night.

Hope you're feeling better! I seem to be the only one that has managed to avoid it in this house... even himself was dosed with it!

Cough is still lingering a bit, but much less severe, and the rest is grand again! Hope the little one is feeling better soon!

I love TNG, I watch it over and over. Some episodes I like more than others, some are just classics (like "Darmok" for example or "Best of Both Worlds".) But I love it.
    After Troi lost her ridiculous Greek/Russian accent or whatever it was supposed to be :pac:

Actually, that wasn't fake. Marina Sirtis is Sicilian. Some useless information for ya! :p :cool:

My new job has been put on "hold" :(

feel like this guy.

Noooo :( ****ty news to get two days before Christmas.

• Advertisement

Yeah not happy. It's not too bad casue I still have my current and something new might come of it anyway but it's still a kick in the teeth. Especially because I'd just gotten over the stress of the whole move and was starting to really look forward to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement