Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Orim wrote: »
    Yeah not happy. It's not too bad casue I still have my current and something new might come of it anyway but it's still a kick in the teeth. Especially because I'd just gotten over the stress of the whole move and was starting to really look forward to it.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Rubbish news :( did they specify how long it's been put on hold for?

My boss gave me a fifty euro bonus last week.

Today, I'm dying with a chest infection but have been cheered up immensely by the following -

1. Got a text saying we're having a belated Christmas work party paid for in January.

2. Boss dropped in seventy euro commission to the job for me because I did so well on my sales last week. I basically sold double my weekly target and had our highest sales week since we opened.

3. My sister's boss is the guy I do recruitment, training and all that managerial stuff for. He dropped fifty euro in to me as a bonus from him, to thank me for giving up so many days off this year to help him out, despite already paying me way more than the going rate for all the work I do for him.

Fcuk yeah, I love today!

In work for two or three hours tomorrow, seeing the boy today and tomorrow, getting my phone from him tomorrow and then lots of lovely presents waiting for me on Wednesday.

And I bought lots of extra surprise presents for my family and friends with all the extra money I've been given.

AND the boyfriend told me he's taking me on holiday in a few months. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm really sorry to hear that. Rubbish news :( did they specify how long it's been put on hold for?

Nein. It might be getting transferred over here but I probably won't find out till after Xmas. Just going to try and forget about it for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Someone come give me a hug. I feel violated after coming back from the doctor and I can't shake the feeling. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What happened?

January wrote: »
    What happened?
    I outlined it in the Cries of Patients thread in R&R but basically, this:
    I went in for several reasons, one of which was to do something about all the bi-monthly cramping I was getting lately.
    I was expecting just a talk and maybe her prodding my stomach to check for tender parts which was fine with me but she insisted on doing a pelvic floor exam and taking swabs from my ladyparts, which was not at all what I expected. I know she was being thorough but she wasn't very gentle with me and I was in agony throughout the whole thing. I always tense up when I have gynae exams and it didn't help that she was rooting around like she was trying to dig the Channel Tunnel.
    I just feel so violated and it's bringing back memories of past trauma which I won't get into here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sorry to Orim :(.

Xmas eve I love it, into town for a few pints then back the local to continue on the drinking :). Last year I'll be doing it so may make the most of it :pac:.

Up super early to check on my baby beardie worried about him settling in and the little fecker is still asleep.

Sorry to Orim :(.

Xmas eve I love it, into town for a few pints then back the local to continue on the drinking :). Last year I'll be doing it so may make the most of it :pac:.

Up super early to check on my baby beardie worried about him settling in and the little fecker is still asleep.

If you're getting up early to check your bearded dragon, I can only imagine how good you'll be at doing the night feeds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

C'mon, a baby is no beardie! They're not half as much fun till they start stumbling around the place!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

P.K.M. wrote: »

Actually, that wasn't fake. Marina Sirtis is Sicilian. Some useless information for ya! :p :cool:

Nah, she's from London, innit... London Greek afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merry Christmas/whatever-you-celebrate you loons!

443d2bea9c9e3aad4c18e52726d56b38.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Nah, she's from London, innit... London Greek afaik.

Maybe her parents/Dad is Sicilian...can't remember. I still liked the character and the whole Imzadi thing with her and Riker and finally hooking up.
    Merry Christmas/whatever-you-celebrate you loons!

443d2bea9c9e3aad4c18e52726d56b38.jpg

You too man, have a good 'un.

Well, quiet enough last night in work. There was 8 of us on instead of the usual 4. Maybe they were expecting more of a crowd or more trouble? Don't know but it was overkill for the quiet night that was in it. I also got a "bit of a talking to" for being a bit "heavy-handed" with a lad I threw out on Sunday night. I was told the guy's feet hardly touched the ground when I was bringing him out, and that I scared a few of the customers in the entrance hall as I burst through the doors to bring him out....oh, and I was told I didn't need to be holding him by the throat! :rolleyes: Jeez, what!!?? Am I supposed to talk nicely to them?? In fairness, I got told off about ONE of the many I threw out, so I suppose it's not TOO bad!!

Herself is baking up a storm in the kitchen! :D She did shortbread stars yesterday, and is doing Madeira cake today, along with apple and cinnamon tartlets, fairy cakes and God knows what else. The kitchen smells like a bakery and I'm not allowed sample anything. I'm nearly licking the feckin' glass here!! :pac:

My poor mother has been up since 6am pre-cooking everything for tomorrow. I'm shocked at how organized she is. Pretty much all she needs to do is reheat the meats, boil a few sprouts and chuck the potatoes in with the roast. Bish-bash-bosh-DONE.
    Blimey. I'm in awe. D:
    Also got a ton of presents from my aunt and a family friend so the Christmas tree doesn't look bare anymore. :D My mom got a massive hamper full of posh scented candles. The house will be reeking of cinnamon over the holidays...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Mum just suggested I flip up my septum ring when I got to the shop in case I meet anyone I know. Ehh...if I wanted no-one to know I had it I wouldn't have got it.

But enough whining, happy Christmas or whatever you celebrate everyone. Hope ye enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Mum just suggested I flip up my septum ring when I got to the shop in case I meet anyone I know. Ehh...if I wanted no-one to know I had it I wouldn't have got it.

But enough whining, happy Christmas or whatever you celebrate everyone. Hope ye enjoy yourselves.

Ah Irish Mammies, constantly afraid of losing face....

Likewise have a happy food and present day tomorrow all

Santa is coming tonight :D

YAYYYYYY

Although kids still aren't the best.

Happy Christmas everyone!

I too am looking forward to food day.

Hope everyone has a good day. Actually there's a question is it Xmas eve or day that's the big day for people?

Ours was always eve was quiet, day was food and presents and stephens was a big session. But I know plenty that do otherwise which I find odd.

Orim wrote: »
    I too am looking forward to food day.

Hope everyone has a good day. Actually there's a question is it Xmas eve or day that's the big day for people?

Ours was always eve was quiet, day was food and presents and stephens was a big session. But I know plenty that do otherwise which I find odd.

Christmas day is our big one (although eve tends to involved a lot of whiskey). I remember my granny telling me when she was small though Christmas Eve was their big day so I think it's a more traditional one. In some countries like Spain they still celebrate more so on Christmas eve.

I think I'll go watch Elf now. :D

I love my new phone, the bf is amazing :D

Going to mass with my gran tonight to be nice, then relaxing with wine :)

Have a lovely Christmas everyone :)

Just back from the mass. It was the children's mass. As my dad said it's like going to mass in a creche.

• Advertisement

Just watched the QI XL Christmas special featuring Brendan O' Carroll. It was great! :D
    Not long to go now before the great feast commences.
    On a slightly sadder note, my grandmother is in the hospital but she's coming out tonight- something to do with her blood pressure being low and her feeling a bit faint. She had a mini-stroke in the summer so she went into Beaumount as a precaution.
    I'm trying not to worry but I'd say she'd be fine after a few whiskeys. My granny is tougher than an old boot so I'm not TOO concerned. :)

SANTA CAME!

Wish the girls would hurry up and wake up...

(not really... please stay asleep until at least 7am please...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Awh, it's nice when they are deluded :pac: Can't imagine any child oversleeping tonight.

Wine has been opened om nom nom

There's a sequel to alladin. Why did nobody tell me this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

In recent years we've been doing the present thing on Christmas Eve. The following day is just dinner and relaxing, maybe visiting my gran and such.
    Though this time round we went to mass in the nursing home my gran is in, which was followed by mince pies and mulled wine in the lobby. They have the most gigantic Christmas tree I've ever seen indoors! That was followed by impromptu drinks at my aunt's house, though we normally don't visit family on Christmas Eve.
    Not too shabby so far ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Happy Christmas everyone kids are happy I got a new phone and a few quid towards my sleeve happy days.

I got

Mother and father - gave me armani diamonds perfume, two dvds, a concert ticket, candles and a hundred euro.

Younger sister - fancy shot glasses.

Other younger sister - make up set that I wanted.

Boyfriend - new phone, credit for it and drink.

Aunts - wine, ted baker purse and a perfume set.

Friend - hd brows.

Still going to be receiving presents from my godmother, grandmother, uncle, older sister and two friends.

Spoiled absolutely rotten! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Money and a coat, that'll do nicely

• Advertisement

The mother handed me another fifty euro. Happy days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement