Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Good to see you all had a lovely Christmas!
    I was spoilt, got a new kindle paperwhite which I am currently scoping out amazon for free books hehe!!

I'm in a food coma at the moment, nana is over for dinner and we had a huge dinner! I was in work yesterday so missed most of my favourite day of the whole entire year. I was raging. My whole family get together and there is always so much fun.

Anyways! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

kellief wrote: »
    Good to see you all had a lovely Christmas!
    I was spoilt, got a new kindlepaperwhite which I am currently scoping out amazon for free books hehe!!
    You should have put money in your account especially for it like me! Actually no you shouldn't, I spent €40 in a few hours. I got eight books though which is seriously good value.

Can someone recommend a tattoo related book? It's for a present. Not a Christmas present, I'm not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Was out til all hours last night, then dragged out of bed at half nine this morning to go shopping. Only got home at half six. Fit to kill my sisters for making me go out in that horrendous weather!

I did get a lovely dress for my cousin's wedding, though, as well as another dress, underwear and a new handbag, so at least I managed to buy stuff. :)

Now it's time to have a bath and relax in bed nice and early tonight :)

You should have put money in your account especially for it like me! Actually no you shouldn't, I spent €40 in a few hours. I got eight books though which is seriously good value.

How does one do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got a late Christmas present from my stepdad: a Jim Carrey boxset featuring both Ace Ventura movies, Dumb & Dumber and The Mask! :D
    Feckin' delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Another new Kindle Paperwhite owner here! Seems to have been loads got them this year!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Can someone recommend a tattoo related book? It's for a present. Not a Christmas present, I'm not that bad.

Encyclopedia of body modification is a great book.

Cracking read.

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Body-Adornment-Margo-DeMello/dp/0313336954

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Howdy all. Well, Stephen's night in work was MENTAL!! It was like a cattle market. And the queues down the street was unreal. Seriously, how badly do these people need to drink?? :rolleyes: Anyway, we had to shut the doors at 12.30 as the place was dangerously full. Considering the place was so full, there was only two fights which was pretty good I thought.

Then about 1.30 I seen lads trying to climb the back fence to get in. This is about 20 feet high, with spikes and electrified barbed wire!! Seriously?? :eek:

So I ran them and cleared the place quick enough and was home about 4am. Then the baby woke at 6am screaming so had to get him downstairs before he woke everyone. Didn't get him settled til after 8. Poor little guy is teething. :(

Back in again tonight and tomorrow night and I reckon after Stephen's night in the place, tonight is gonna be quiet by comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, Stephen's night is usually one of the busiest nights in the country for places, so I don't bother going out for it. Rarely works out at being worth it. Hopefully it'll be a bit of a quieter night for you the next two, I'd reckon most will be laying low until new years eve.

On the topic of N.Y.E, picked up a bottle of Jagermeister earlier on for it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hope everyone had great Christmas.
    I had great one.
    My top story tonight is I just had full pack of rashers t myself and just seen that they were out of date over 2 poxy weeks. Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great Christmas and great being off but kinda looking forward to getting normality back have missed the gym and eating well :o.

Coming down with something now been coughing and sneezing all day.

Plus I'm sick of drinking a few the lads are going to town tonight and the thoughts of it does not appeal one bit right now.

New dress i bought for my cousin's wedding is too big for my bust. I'm a size 14 with a H cup. How the FCUK is something too BIG for my chest?! I'm laughing a little over it, it's never happened before. :pac:

New dress i bought for my cousin's wedding is too big for my bust. I'm a size 14 with a H cup. How the FCUK is something too BIG for my chest?! I'm laughing a little over it, it's never happened before. :pac:

I have the same problem with buying boxers
    Pain in the arse huh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Great Christmas and great being off but kinda looking forward to getting normality back have missed the gym and eating well :o.
    Same as myself, have a match next sat so wont be long getting back into it! straight into the deep end haha
    Plus I'm sick of drinking a few the lads are going to town tonight and the thoughts of it does not appeal one bit right now.

Im the same, the lads are out again tonight nd id no intentions of going am sick of alcohol but have my 1st day back to work today and by jebus im getting smashed later!! ;)
    I hate the public haha :pac:

I have the same problem with buying boxers
    Pain in the arse huh :)

Your boxers are too big? Mate, I don't think any man should ever admit that! :pac:

kellief wrote: »
    How does one do that?

I just mean I put money in my bank account. I already have my debit card linked with my amazon account...it's dangerous. :p

Your boxers are too big? Mate, I don't think any man should ever admit that! :pac:

But but but ........No I just meant........ Oh forget it :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Heading out in Galway tonight, can't wait. My bank account will hate me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

But but but ........No I just meant........ Oh forget it :):)
    Haha you got mixed up :p

• Advertisement

Just watched The Desolation of Smaug. Benedict Cumberbatch's dragon voice makes me swoon. Is that weird? :P
    How are you all keeping anyhoo? I've got a nasty headcold at the minute but my poor mother is practically in bits. I suspect she has a dose of bronchitus but she won't go to the doctor or stop smoking even though she's coughing her lungs up. :(
    Hot toddys all around, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Depends on how you mean "tattoo related" but my mate (and tattooist) raves about "Reinventing The Tattoo" by Guy Aitchison. Might be something that would interest you?

guy_aitchison_-_reinventing_the_tattoo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I just mean I put money in my bank account. I already have my debit card linked with my amazon account...it's dangerous. :p

That 1click purchasing is a bitch...

Killer_Banana, you should think about getting a prepaid moneycard for buying books.
    Best thing ever- load it up with, say €50 for example, and when it's gone it's gone. No nasty shocks when you get your credit card bill. :)
    They're fantastic for buying stuff online. Worth a mention anyhoo.

Spent the day feeling awful sorry for myself. My sister has a bad throat infection and cold. Mam and myself woke this morning with it!
    I did get the weekend off work yesterday, too many people in and not enough to be doing. Last day there is tomorrow!

I'm in the middle of cleaning my room up, in the hope that it helps me feel better. Feeling awful lately, not just physically. This whole pain thing being back is very upsetting and I'm not processing it well. Anyways!!

bought new real books yesterday as well as more classics for the kindle. Loads to read!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You do know you can acquire books for kindled in the same way as movies ;)

Hellrazer wrote: »
    You do know you can acquire books for kindled in the same way as movies ;)

Oooh! Pray tell more!

Ahem captain redbeard bay!!!!

I'll pop you a pm when I get back to my pc.Posting from the phone at the minute.

• Advertisement

Had a lovely chat last night with Links123 and now I'm on the lookout for some decent J-Rock and Visual Kei music. Good times. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement