Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Happy new year everyone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

New year, new me.

Lol jk, got out of bed at eleven and am making a fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Happy New Year you lovely inky/metallic people!

So, have you guys made any resolutions? :)

I don't usually but I made one this year - stop hating on myself, have more confidence and accept when my friends/family/bf pay me a compliment on how I look. I figure if I can fake it long enough, it'll become real confidence.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Generally I don't make resolutions because I think if you want to change something you will. However I decided to change a few things close to New Year so I sort of made unintentional resolutions. I won't bore ye by going into detail but they can all basically be summed up by stop slacking. I had a **** enough year last year and a lot of the bad experience was out of my control but I could have done things to improve it and I didn't. If I want a certain type of life then I should get off my ass and change what can be changed instead of focusing on what can't.

Happy New Year all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    PKM, hard job you're in but every workplace has it's drawbacks, power through dude ;) And I'll keep an eye out for yer wedding, planning on starting back lessons there in the new year ;)

Thanks a mill. Yeah last night was mental...just as busy (if not more so) than Stephen's's's night (lol) but only one gobsh!te thrown out, so not too bad I suppose. The wedding plans etc were put on hold with Christmas etc. but will get back on track in the next few weeks hopefully. Will have to pay a visit to Markree in the coming months, will let you know and maybe you can come have a few drinks with Binx and I. :)

Sore as f**k after the workout yesterday and working last night, so I'm going to spend the day doing NOTHING! :cool:
    So, have you guys made any resolutions

I don't really bother with them myself, but this year my "to-do" list includes..

Get the wedding sh!t sorted and get married
    Ramp up the training and hit it hard
    Get my bike finished once and for all and get back on the road/track
    Have a holiday of some sort, haven't had one in about six years.
    Be more patient/tolerant with the kids
    Get back working

:D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Happy New Year All
    Went to the OH's sisters place last night, house warming and new yrs party in one kinda job! her bf popped the big question in front of everyone! much excitement among the ladies :rolleyes: but the night then proceeded with all her family going to me: "oh your next, when are you asking, the bar is set now Greg, pressures on now Greg" I had to politely tell them to fcuk off :cool: :rolleyes: seriously like i really hate that shite!! luckily I'm witty enough that i had a smart answer for all of them haha :cool: :pac:
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    I don't really bother with them myself, but this year my "to-do" list includes..
    :D :cool:

I agree dont do the whole resolution thing but i've set myself some goals:

-Get outta my current job and into a proper job, hopefully using my degree!
    -Hit the training hard! i reckon i have only 2 seasons of rugby left (my knees are goosed from it) so want to make them 2 good seasons!!
    -we're saving for a house and hopefully this time next yr we'll be on Daft searching for our first proper home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

hmm new years resolutions:

get lots and lots of ink done and hopefully also get out my soul-destroying job and into some sort of career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Happy new year!!

Resolutions are figure out what my mystery pain is and continue on my healthy life! I managed to lose weight over Christmas...still grinning!!!

Also booked in for my next tattoo this Monday! Getting an old school rose cover up on my foot! Cannot wait!!+

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Happy new year all, ironically also booked in for Monday. 4 hours on the forearm, lets be 'avin you so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Morning folks. Merry new year.

Where are you booked in P_1?
    I'm really excited, the artist (Anto in Spilled Ink) is brilliant. Here's to having a nice foot tattoo after around 3-4 years of hating the current one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

P_1 wrote: »
    Happy new year all, ironically also booked in for Monday. 4 hours on the forearm, lets be 'avin you so

What ya getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Happy New Year everyone bit late to the party but better late than never.

New Years resolutions none really never really go in for it but do want to be all settled in a house with herself before the munchkin arrives thinking Naas at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

kellief wrote: »
    Where are you booked in P_1?
    I'm really excited, the artist (Anto in Spilled Ink) is brilliant. Here's to having a nice foot tattoo after around 3-4 years of hating the current one!
    What ya getting?

Booked into Re-Inkarnated, lets just say I'm going for a music and literature theme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm so jealous of everyone getting new ink. I really want to get a tattoo-preferably something with a skull and rose motif-but other things take priority in life moneywise. I don't really want to pay €100 for a mouth shield but if it'll stop the seering pain in my jaw then I'll just have to deal with it. :( BTW, can anyone here tell me what sort of pain to expect from getting the ankle or top of the foot tattooed?
    Those are the general placement areas I'm considering for this year.
    Have to save up some money first, though. Got to also consider the fact that Dublin Comic Con will be on in August. Oh lordy...

I thought you wanted an eeyore tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

McChubbin wrote: »
    BTW, can anyone here tell me what sort of pain to expect from getting the ankle or top of the foot tattooed?

The foot sucks.

So, it's payday, which is awesome. What's even better is they have FINALLY sorted my roster, so I'm doing the same hours over three days, saving me about fifteen euro a week on travel and about fifteen on lunches/drinks. Delighted, four days off out of the next seven! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Spent last 4 hours trying to remove poxy ukash ransomware from my managers sh!tty laptop. Hiren's bootcd didn't work, was stumped. Came across hitmanpro kickstart and it did it in 5 mins. FUUUUUuuuu.

Also three 12 hour shifts over the next 3 days is gonna suuuck.

• Advertisement

The foot is horrendous. I am absolutely dreading Monday. but I know within an hour it will be over. Hopefully. I've been through much worse!

You should see this:...
    I'm not sure if it will work, but Anto out of Spilled Ink put it up today, skulls and roses for ya there McChubbin!

I also fell into a thread earlier, the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056838009&page=17 thread...I have spent the last three hours being absolutely mind-blown!

Just downloaded my first torrent book!! <3 Thanks Hellrazer!

Also, I 100% recommend John Newman's album, it is phenomenal! First time in a long, long time I got goosebumps on listening.

I thought you wanted an eeyore tattoo?
    I thought I did...but on further reflection I figured it would look a bit out of place with the skulls I plan to get in the not too distant future...
    EDIT: Can't see the pic, Kellief. :/

Anyone else do this?
    Every year around this time, I find myself faced with a pile of magazines that have been accumulated over the year. I don't throw them out but rather I gather them up into a pile and drop them into the nearest tattoo studio.
    Mostly Empire and Bizarre with the occasional How It Works.
    I like to think it earns me Brownie points with the manager! :D Dropped a shedload of Bizarre magazines (at least 50 issues including the rare before-the-censorship-law editions! D: ) into Stigmata-Tau around the time I got my first tat and I ended up getting a discount!
    Just wanted to know if anyone else has done this sort of thing?

McC, your hair suits you a lot at that length :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Friday next week needs to hurry the **** up

McC, your hair suits you a lot at that length :)
    tumblr_lovm1zXf781qznx1ro1_500.gif
    You just made my day! :D I'm hoping to grow it down to my elbow at least. I can do so much more with it when it's long. Short hair is convenient enough in the short term but it doesn't have the versitility that comes with having it long.
    Thanks for that, green_screen. I shall now sit in the corner giggling and blushing profusely! :D

In other news, I dropped in a heap of assorted magazines to the folks in Swords Ink earlier on. Got talking to the tattoo artists about getting a piece done on my left calf/ankle area. They recommended Sergy for doing realistic skulls and roses but I had a look through his Facebook portfolio and his work is decidingly average at best. He's a nice chap and all and he's pretty good with his colorwork but I wasn't blown away by what I saw.

I'm looking for something on the same level of intricate detail as this:
    John-Anderton-Red-Roses-and-Skull-Tattoo-525x537.jpg
    Having looked through most of the Swords Ink porfolios on FB, I'm left feeling underwelmed by the quality they have on offer.
    I only plan to get one tattoo this year and I want it to be absolutely perfect so I won't apologize for being a bit sniffy when it comes to scrutinizing portfolios. In terms of achieving realism, can anyone offer me some good recommendations regarding artists who can go for the hyperrealistic look?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To get that kind of level of detail, you'll probably have to go pretty damn big...

If it's hyper-realism, I have no personal experience. Anto in Spilled Ink has done some amazing roses and skulls, but they aren't hyper-realistic.

I'm dancing around my room procrastinating. It's fantastic! Getting my new glasses later on today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kellief wrote: »
    If it's hyper-realism, I have no personal experience. Anto in Spilled Ink has done some amazing roses and skulls, but they aren't hyper-realistic.

I'm dancing around my room procrastinating. It's fantastic! Getting my new glasses later on today!

Where are you getting your glasses and how much did you pay?

Have to go buy a pair on Tuesday and really not looking forward to being ripped off. I usually buy online but I just don't have the time to wait nearly a month for them to arrive because these ones are broken and are being held together by sheer willpower at this stage. I'll need to factor in the price of high index thin lenses too because I'm blind :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement