Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January wrote: »
    Where are you getting your glasses and how much did you pay?

Have to go buy a pair on Tuesday and really not looking forward to being ripped off. I usually buy online but I just don't have the time to wait nearly a month for them to arrive because these ones are broken and are being held together by sheer willpower at this stage. I'll need to factor in the price of high index thin lenses too because I'm blind :(

Specsavers in Blanch. I went to the tesco optician's in Naas a year and a half ago and they were cheap as chips but they didn't work out. Prescription wasn't right, I'm sure of it!
    Two sets of designer frames, antiglare coating on one pair and eye test worked out as €204 all in. Glasses are 2 for the price of 1 in Specsavers all the time anyway! My mum got varifocals and needed the lenses thinned out and that cost €60 per pair, so I don't know if that is the same thing as you need but that's the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

To get that kind of level of detail, you'll probably have to go pretty damn big...

This. To me something like that is a full calf/half sleeve piece at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kellief wrote: »
    Specsavers in Blanch. I went to the tesco optician's in Naas a year and a half ago and they were cheap as chips but they didn't work out. Prescription wasn't right, I'm sure of it!
    Two sets of designer frames, antiglare coating on one pair and eye test worked out as €204 all in. Glasses are 2 for the price of 1 in Specsavers all the time anyway! My mum got varifocals and needed the lenses thinned out and that cost €60 per pair, so I don't know if that is the same thing as you need but that's the cost!

That's where I'm going. Have to buy the little one a pair of glasses too and she also needs them thinned out. Thankfully we have a 50% off voucher because himself bought glasses just before Christmas so hoping it will probably cost 200 all in...

Must add I have to go to the eye clinic and get the voucher for glasses for children off them so that'll be 55 euro off the little ones pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Don't go to Specsavers, at least, not the one in Santy's Omni Park Shopping Centre. They tested my mother TWICE and both times they missed her macular degeneration. They gave her the wrong prescription and she was straining her eyes with glasses normally suited to a 90 year old before she went to the family opticians and got diagnosed with the eye trouble.
    Wouldn't trust Specsavers if you paid me.

Also: Rick Gennest (aka Zombie Boy) is strangely attractive. I normally can't stand facial tattoos unless they're Maori tribal markings but even then I'm not mad about them yet I can't stop staring at this guy. Mark me down as confused and horny! :D
    Rico-smiling-rick-genest-20506548-640-360.jpg

EDIT: +1 on the fact that I might be looking at a full calf tat. I agree with the above posters when they say I'll need to go big to get all the detail in. No worries on that. My long term goal regarding tattoos is, at the very least, to get one a year. Might as well go the whole hog and get my whole calf done.
    Never liked my legs anyways so it would be nice to decorate them with something pretty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Love Rick Genest... have a look at this...

• Advertisement

If going outside dub is an option Robert Litcan.

I've never had issues with Specsavers. First glasses I went to Optical Express and thought they were so overpriced. I've been to Specsavers in Naas, Grafton St, Henry St, Blanchardstown and somewhere else. I should probably go to the same one but all were convenient at the time. Found the staff very helpful in all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I find specsavers in the omni brilliant tbh, i pretty much always go there.

The pair of glasses I'm wearing in the drunk pic I posted a few days ago cost 149, with thinned lenses because I am blind, anti-glare and anti-scratch coating, and i got another pair with thinned lenses for free.

I'm going in Tuesday anyway so hopefully I'll be able to get a good deal... himself went in before Christmas to get his eyes tested and got ripped off he ended up spending 387 euro on two pairs of glasses and he didn't even need thinning out, he doesn't even need them for vision he's light sensitive!! He had to pick the most expensive bloody pair of glasses in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

How goes it folks. Hope yas all had great New Years. I'm on day 3 of no smoking and no booze and I'm coughing up a storm.
    Hopefully it'll all be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

How goes it folks. Hope yas all had great New Years. I'm on day 3 of no smoking and no booze and I'm coughing up a storm.
    Hopefully it'll all be worth it.

You'll have a chesty cough for a few weeks, it's just your lungs clearing out crap. All my customers say it to me because it happens them too, abd happened me. Be grand :) and well done!

You'll have a chesty cough for a few weeks, it's just your lungs clearing out crap. All my customers say it to me because it happens them too, abd happened me. Be grand :) and well done!

That's what I said to herself. It's just me lungs clearing up.
    Went to see walking with dinosaurs with me oh and me daughter.
    Wasn't a bad film.
    Anyway with the money il save on smokes il be able to afford me tattoo in a couple of weeks. 8 hours good god :)

That's what I said to herself. It's just me lungs clearing up.
    Went to see walking with dinosaurs with me oh and me daughter.
    Wasn't a bad film.
    Anyway with the money il save on smokes il be able to afford me tattoo in a couple of weeks. 8 hours good god :)

Make sure you put the money you are saving from not smoking into a change jar. Otherwise you'll never see the saving as it's getting swallowed up by something else. It'll be incentive enough to stay off them after the first week or so.

Well done :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm getting my foot finished on Wednesday, all going well. Not looking forward to it at all.

Going dancing on Thursday night though if any of ye are about *glares at RayRay*? Shall be going to the new location for Poison, so come along :D

Xmas and New Years were calm but I was quite busy with work.

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'm getting my foot finished on Wednesday, all going well. Not looking forward to it at all.

Going dancing on Thursday night though if any of ye are about *glares at RayRay*? Shall be going to the new location for Poison, so come along :D

Xmas and New Years were calm but I was quite busy with work.

Unfortunately not, have my arm booked for next friday so the monies shall be going towards that. Love this time of the year, all the norms are off in the gym, all us boddy modders are straight into parlours, besides you'd just pull a nizzle again

You mean do a Cian/RayRay? I'm off work on Friday, I defo won't be bailing!

jenizzle wrote: »
    You mean do a Cian/RayRay? I'm off work on Friday, I defo won't be bailing!

I believe it is now known as doing a jen/nizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

kellief wrote: »
    Just downloaded my first torrent book!! <3 Thanks Hellrazer!

welcome to the dark side...and welcome to saving yourself an absolute fortune

McChubbin wrote: »
    Also: Rick Gennest (aka Zombie Boy) is strangely attractive. I normally can't stand facial tattoos unless they're Maori tribal markings but even then I'm not mad about them yet I can't stop staring at this guy. Mark me down as confused and horny! :D

I think Rick Gennest is amazing!! Something very attractive about him! I've seen that Derma Blend make up video alright, very cool!!

Update on the glasses, they are fantastic! I am baffled as to how I got around with the last pair! They accidentally put the anti-glare coating on both, which is woohoo! I really noticed the benefit when driving home afterwards, the glares from lights were at least 5x smaller! Fascinating!

I also bought new storage boxes for under my bed, so that's what I spent my evening doing. I am so exciting!

Wet me self at this
    http://youtu.be/Q8yVQTkpMBs

• Advertisement

Wet me self at this
    http://youtu.be/Q8yVQTkpMBs

It's brilliant isn't it?? Showed it to my friend's dad who is from Cork and he loved it!!

On day 3 of giving up the drink. I feel overly tired and a bit listless but that could be due to having a poor sleeping pattern last night. :/
    Anyways, how are y'all?
    I'm bored out of my brain and stuck on level 14 of CCS. Addictive it is.

Today I am mostly lightening my hair. Back on the proper food buzz, and then decided to pay a visit to Superquinn where I nearly had heart failure trying to avoid all the cakes at the door :o

Gonna make oat pancakes etc so that I'll have something nice to eat when I'm peckish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

McChubbin wrote: »
    On day 3 of giving up the drink. I feel overly tired and a bit listless but that could be due to having a poor sleeping pattern last night.

I've been off it since August myself too. Not saying it's gonna be a forever thing, but for now, I have no desire to drink.

Adiboo wrote: »
    I've been off it since August myself too. Not saying it's gonna be a forever thing, but for now, I have no desire to drink.
    Good on ya! I'm finding it a bit hard as there's about 20 bottles of Miller left over from Christmas still left in the vegetable drawer of the fridge and it's tempting me.
    I COULD get rid of them but my folks don't like to waste things. :/
    On the plus side, we're having ribs tonight. Been dying for them for ages! Home cooked with loads of Hunt's BBQ sauce. Not exactly diet friendly but all I had to eat today was a mini baked potato so I'm treating myself tonight. :)

Total glasses stalker kellief... they're lovely!

I wish someone would do delivery on baked potato's... I'd love one now with loads of melted cheese and sour cream and chives... nom nom nom... but I've no chives or sour cream in the house atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Was just talking about drinking and the like with someone just now. I've considered giving it up more than once in the past year but the social pressure to keep it up keeps stopping me. Also the idea of sitting in a pub completely sober while everyone else is drunk is not a nice one. I have friends I meet for coffee and the like regularly but there's some who seem to think you can't have fun without a drink. Also I'm a student so class nights usually involve drinking too. I guess I just need to care less what people think but just the idea of dealing with 'Ah just have one, I'll buy it for. Ah go on, one won't kill ya...' gives me headache.

Was just talking about drinking and the like with someone just now. I've considered giving it up more than once in the past year but the social pressure to keep it up keeps stopping me. Also the idea of sitting in a pub completely sober while everyone else is drunk is not a nice one. I have friends I meet for coffee and the like regularly but there's some who seem to think you can't have fun without a drink. Also I'm a student so class nights usually involve drinking too. I guess I just need to care less what people think but just the idea of dealing with 'Ah just have one, I'll buy it for. Ah go on, one won't kill ya...' gives me headache.

I very rarely have a drink. I had one class night out when I drank, that was it. Himself doesn't drink at all. It's strange being the only sober one, I'll admit, but if you don't want to drink just don't! Save an absolute fortune and there's no stress! I can still have just as good a night out with drink or no drink! If you don't want alcohol and people are saying ah sure I'll buy you one, just ask for a 7up! :)
    January wrote: »
    Total glasses stalker kellief... they're lovely!

I wish someone would do delivery on baked potato's... I'd love one now with loads of melted cheese and sour cream and chives... nom nom nom... but I've no chives or sour cream in the house atm...

Thanks!! I put up the other pair there too. awful at taking selfies!! :o

Dancing around my room to the most awful pop song but I can't stop singing it. That and the song Let it Go from frozen, it's so good! I worry about myself...

Not drinking saves some money, Didn't save any money for my ink, havent drank over christmas, going in with 700e :o

• Advertisement

Not drinking saves some money, Didn't save any money for my ink, havent drank over christmas, going in with 700e :o
    Wow. How long did it take you to save up €700? :eek:
    Currently trying to do a simple transference of funds from PTSB to my Post Office account but my local post office are being extremely unhelpful. I was told by a very lovely bank manager that all I needed was something called an IBAN number and a BIC number to open up a standing order/direct debit but when I told the girl in the post office, she had no idea what I was talking about.
    I might go into the post office in the Pavillions and see if they can help.
    All I want to do is save €20 a week-it surely shouldn't be this feckin' difficult! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement