Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Would you not open a 21 day saver account in PTSB, you can transfer funds directly from your current account into the saver account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

McChubbin wrote: »
    Wow. How long did it take you to save up €700? :eek:
    Currently trying to do a simple transference of funds from PTSB to my Post Office account but my local post office are being extremely unhelpful. I was told by a very lovely bank manager that all I needed was something called an IBAN number and a BIC number to open up a standing order/direct debit but when I told the girl in the post office, she had no idea what I was talking about.
    I might go into the post office in the Pavillions and see if they can help.
    All I want to do is save €20 a week-it surely shouldn't be this feckin' difficult! :mad:
    Since a few days before xmas, only went out once to a gig and only spent 20e

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

kellief wrote: »
    I also fell into a thread earlier, the http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056838009&page=17 thread...I have spent the last three hours being absolutely mind-blown!

Just downloaded my first torrent book!! <3 Thanks Hellrazer!

Also, I 100% recommend John Newman's album, it is phenomenal! First time in a long, long time I got goosebumps on listening.

Nothing better than something for free!!!

I must have a couple of thousand books that I got from torrents that Ill never get around to reading.
    Im going through a "autobiography" phase at the minute.
    Ozzy,Lemmy,Chillis,GNR etc etc.Theres some great ones on the torrent sites if you type in autobiography.Theres one torrent that has about 200 biography books.Working my way through that at the minute.But I read 2-3 books a week on my kindle.Read almost 20 books when I was away last year on hols for 2 weeks.
    All courtesy of Mr Red Beard bay.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Nothing better than something for free!!!

I must have a couple of thousand books that I got from torrents that Ill never get around to reading.
    Im going through a "autobiography" phase at the minute.
    Ozzy,Lemmy,Chillis,GNR etc etc.Theres some great ones on the torrent sites if you type in autobiography.Theres one torrent that has about 200 biography books.Working my way through that at the minute.But I read 2-3 books a week on my kindle.Read almost 20 books when I was away last year on hols for 2 weeks.
    All courtesy of Mr Red Beard bay.

Read motley crues one, the sick bastards!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Read motley crues one, the sick bastards!

Already did.They were some sick people.

Still think Ozzy out did them though.
    Snorting lines of ants when he ran out of coke.
    Drinking Tommy Lees piss off the ground like a cat.

Total debauchery...the good old 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

January wrote: »
    Would you not open a 21 day saver account in PTSB, you can transfer funds directly from your current account into the saver account.
    I didn't even know such an account existed. D: Will definately go have a chat with the bank manager on Friday. Thanks for the tip! :D
    EDIT: Hellraizer, have you read Marilyn Manson's autobiography yet? It is excellent and some of the deranged tour debauchery they get up to.. madness!

McChubbin wrote: »
    EDIT: Hellraizer, have you read Marilyn Manson's autobiography yet? It is excellent and some of the deranged tour debauchery they get up to.. madness!

Im acquiring it now!!!

Oh yeah.

This is a really handy tool if the book your downloading is in the wrong format for your device..

http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-mobi

Really wish Marilyn Manson would write a follow-up to The Long Hard Road Out of Hell. I'd love to read what went on during his marriage to Dita Von Teese. I was gutted when they split up as they looked like such a cute couple. :(
    In other news, ate too much rich, processed food methinks- ribs slattered in Hunt's BBQ sauce, home made cheesy chips and chicken dippers- and now my stomach is trying to implode. I'm very sore but there's not much I can do, really. Been eating small meals since the 1st. Guess it was a system overload tonight. :( Urp. Feeling nauseated and iffy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Mornin' folks. Well, only about 70 people in the club last night and there was three rows! :confused: WTF?? One of them was about 9 girls kicking the sh!t out of one bloke. Now, according to one of the bar staff, he deserved it but even so...it was a struggle getting them off him. This particular gang of girls always seen to be involved in some sort of altercation when they're in. Not that it has anything to do with anything, but they're the local lesbian faction...and they look it! :p :pac:

Then to top off a weird night, we didn't even get paid!! :mad: It's not the first time it's happened either. And apparently it's normal and acceptable for the staff's wages to get messed around from time to time. It'd be alright if it was just "extra" money, but when you depend on it, it's not fair! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dads wages used to get messed around with from time to time too.

I'd be putting out feelers for other door positions pkm. A pub shouldn't be ****ing around the staff. I never once was paid late and I worked for some complete *****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Pkm, i would follow the advice from raze. Not paying you in time is not on.

Went to see Anchorman 2 the other night with himself. Wasn't bad, laughed a lot. :)

Not back in work til Wednesday, and tomorrow the bf and myself have a day off together for the first time since we started going out. So we're gonna go do something. I wanted to go to the zoo, bbut it's horrible out. Any suggestions? :)

Busy weekend ahead, too. Going to a wedding on Friday, although I am in work so can only make the afters. Then on Saturday I have a work do in some place in town. Good luck to me finding food I can eat. From the menu, i won't be eating due to an allergy. :( then back to work on Sunday. Don't know how I'll manage work after two days on the drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Watched Bad Granpa last night and can't remember the last time I laughed so much the strip club and pageant scenes are hilarious.

dinorebel wrote: »
    Watched Bad Granpa last night and can't remember the last time I laughed so much the strip club and pageant scenes are hilarious.

The pageant scene was without doubt my favourite part of the film. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was really really surprised how much I laughed at Bad Grandpa! I don't like Jackass, and wasn't expecting to enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It's tattoo day! Very nervous but very excited! I'm getting ready to head in now. Wages getting messed up is not on!
    Had a lovely day out yesterday, we went to the zoo and then to the Morrison grill for himself's birthday! Twas lovely!

...tomorrow the bf and myself have a day off together for the first time since we started going out. So we're gonna go do something. Any suggestions? :)

Hmmmm......let me think....

201293817_Let_Me_think_about_it_for_a_minute_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

jim-carrey-gif-8.gif

:pac: :pac: :pac: :P

Other than sex! I mean an activity or something?

Other than sex! I mean an activity or something?

Eh?? Sex IS an activity!! :pac: :pac:

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank TBH. :o Does he have a car, ye can go for a drive somewhere? Any movies ye haven't seen yet? Get the tourist bus thingy around Dublin?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Eh?? Sex IS an activity!! :pac: :pac:

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank TBH. :o Does he have a car, ye can go for a drive somewhere? Any movies ye haven't seen yet? Get the tourist bus thingy around Dublin?...
    Dublin has museums!

Arawn wrote: »
    Dublin has museums!

Oh yeah...that too!! I'm living in the arsehole of nowhere too long! :pac:

I've seen pretty much every film that's out causr we're always going to the cinema after work, but might do the bus tour + museums. I suggested the zoo but his ex works there so fcuk that, I don't want that awkwardness :o

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I've seen pretty much every film that's out causr we're always going to the cinema after work, but might do the bus tour + museums. I suggested the zoo but his ex works there so fcuk that, I don't want that awkwardness :o

Thanks guys :)

who gives a **** about awkwardness when there is hippos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ This. Failing that, go to the 'Dead Zoo', the Natural History Museum!

I prefer the red pandas. :) i care about the awkwardness!

Think it'll be museums :) thanks, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bloody chuffed with the arm.

Saw this on my Tumblr feed. It's GORGEOUS and very similar to what I want done on my calf:
    tumblr_mysftaiClV1qzabkfo1_500.jpg
    Glad to see the site is back up. I was going spare trying to find things to fill the time with. D:

Green screen try Collins barracks.Took the kids there on Saturday and have to say out of all Dublins museums it's the best by far.

You'd actually spent 5-6 hours in there if you wanted to see every exhibit.

There's an exhibit of Japanese art painted On cotton at the minute.Very inspiring for tattoo related ideas.Really thinking of changing my whole back piece idea to a full Japanese based back piece after visiting the museum.

http://www.museum.ie/en/exhibition/albert-bender.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Good luck to me finding food I can eat. From the menu, i won't be eating due to an allergy. :(

Was in town with some friends today. One of the girls I was with is lactose and wheat intolerant and I'm vegan so finding somewhere to eat was impossible. We had planned to go to a café that has gluten free and vegan cupcakes but it was closed. :( Starving now. Gonna have a massive stir fry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement