Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Having unlimited data on my phone when I'm drunk is a dangerous thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Having unlimited data on my phone when I'm drunk is a dangerous thing.

Have you any idea what you were trying to say?

January wrote: »
    Have you any idea what you were trying to say?

Absolutely none. It wouldn't surprise me if I had just opened the keypad and licked the screen to see what it would type.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great article suprisingly enough from the Daily Mail, delighted to see this kind of stuff finally hitting mainstream media.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2536180/Sugar-new-tobacco-Health-chiefs-tell-food-giants-slash-levels-third.html

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Im so fjr omf

He did what??
    Fjru hah jdtjj

So what did YOU do?

You gotta love her drunk posts! It's like her auto-correct is pissed too! :P :pac:

• Advertisement

I hope you don't think I'm being cheeky orim and pkm, but could you guys please edit my real name out of your posts? :o i closed my old account for some specific reasons and would rather my real name not be associated with this account!

Marty, interesting article. The problem is, joe soap sees 'low fat' food and thinks it's great and healthy. But the fats are substituted with massive amounts of sugar.

Plus fats aren't even bad for you in the first place!

I hope you don't think I'm being cheeky orim and pkm, but could you guys please edit my real name out of your posts? :o i closed my old account for some specific reasons and would rather my real name not be associated with this account!

Marty, interesting article. The problem is, joe soap sees 'low fat' food and thinks it's great and healthy. But the fats are substituted with massive amounts of sugar.

Plus fats aren't even bad for you in the first place!

Most fats are in fact good for you or at a minimum better for that there low fat counterparts. Things like peanut butter which is really high in fat is great for you, even butter and milk which have long been villanised people should be eating over there low fat conterparts.

It's all about having a well balanced diet and cutting out basically all processed foods which are full of chemicals and sugar none of which has positive effects on the body.

But yea most joe soaps see low fat and think yay sorted healthy I'm being good when there really not it's food companies brainwashing which is why its great to see articles like that hitting the mainstream media might help a few people realize.

There is a lad in my job who is basically addicted to sugar and sure as hell he ain't alone in that a lot of people are and don't realise it, he's an early death just waiting to happen he just dangling over the edge of the cliff.

I'll stop going on now :pac::o.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Whoops, done. Wasn't thinking.

Stop giving out about sugar you guys. I like sugar :(

Cris Gherman is going to be guesting in Colourworks. Oh to have money.

Orim wrote: »
    Whoops, done. Wasn't thinking.

Stop giving out about sugar you guys. I like sugar :(

Cris Gherman is going to be guesting in Colourworks. Oh to have money.

:pac: sorry man I won't lie I have a savage sweet tooth myself I just limit it to one lump of cake a week and I do enjoy that :pac:.

Nice, Joe Perez Jr is impressive aswell nice to see another studio getting in on the act with guest spots. Now if only I knew what i wanted next :o.

Most fats are in fact good for you or at a minimum better for that there low fat counterparts. Things like peanut butter which is really high in fat is great for you, even butter and milk which have long been villanised people should be eating over there low fat conterparts.

It's all about having a well balanced diet and cutting out basically all processed foods which are full of chemicals and sugar none of which has positive effects on the body.

But yea most joe soaps see low fat and think yay sorted healthy I'm being good when there really not it's food companies brainwashing which is why its great to see articles like that hitting the mainstream media might help a few people realize.

There is a lad in my job who is basically addicted to sugar and sure as hell he ain't alone in that a lot of people are and don't realise it, he's an early death just waiting to happen he just dangling over the edge of the cliff.

I'll stop going on now :pac::o.

Exactly peanut butter, milk, almonds, even some oils and stuff. All good for you.

Loads of people are addicted to sugar. I hate the stuff because I don't like sweet things, but ny sisters and friends eat things like special k, thinking they're being healthy, when it's full of sugar and salt. Then reward themselves that night with chocolate, after a day of eating sugar filled, low fat foods. :rolleyes:

My dad gave me a heap of information on a specific way of eating for people with PCOS. apparently if you have pcos (i have), aside from the associated metabolism problems (easily solved with a good, strict diet, just have to be vigilant), following an insulin free diet can help because apparently we hold weight aaround the stomach due to too much insulin.

It's something I'm gonna discuss with my gp or endocrinologist, whoever I see first. I'm pretty much doing paleo atm, but that's just because of the foods I like, not deliberately following it. Must look into what foods have lots of insulin and see if it makes a difference to me :)

• Advertisement

I wish I had a sweet tooth like you guys. Easily sorted with healthier alternatives like fruit.

Instead I'm a fiend for salty food. Stopped adding salt to any food last week and everything tastes so bland :( think I'm gonna replace adding salt by adding chilli powder to sort out this whole 'food is so bland' buzz iI'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Forgot to stretch before doing my second Couch to 5k run and ended up limping home. Properly pissed off with myself 'cause this is the sort of thing I swore I wouldn't do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Job wants me to do Hell and Back for a charity theyre involved with.

Now the trouble here is Im the most unfit person in the world.

I smoke like a chimney,drink like a fish,dont exercise much and eat crap.

I reckon it would probably kill me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

unless going for a promotion id tell em where to go

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

unless going for a promotion id tell em where to go

Why its for a really good cause and its completely voluntary.Id love to do it but I just don't know where to start training for something like that.

Marty has done Hell and Back I think, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Why its for a really good cause and its completely voluntary.Id love to do it but I just don't know where to start training for something like that.

donate, i had a boss last year try to get me to do the hell run i designed. lol. no.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Did Hell & Back in 2013. It's so hard. You'd wanna be doing mountain running and then some. I did the 10k version. Could run 10k no bother but fook me I couldn't run it all. You'd wanna be able to run 20k easily to do hell & back comfortably.

Job wants me to do Hell and Back for a charity theyre involved with.

Now the trouble here is Im the most unfit person in the world.

I smoke like a chimney,drink like a fish,dont exercise much and eat crap.

I reckon it would probably kill me!!!

There are plenty of "Couch to 5k" routines you could do. Or if you have a smartphone, install the Runkeeper app, it'd do up a training program for you. Worst case scenario, you could walk/lightly jog the Hell & Back. The main thing is you took part. Even if you're not ready for the one coming up, there's another in July you could start training for now.

Nearly time for more drinking, with my colleagues and bosses this time. Hopefully I'll get out of there by eleven and not drunk post!

• Advertisement

Nearly time for more drinking, with my colleagues and bosses this time. Hopefully I'll get out of there by eleven and not drunk post!

Enjoy. Talk to ya later. Or should I say: jsdhf jydfb jkgfy auexa :p:p :pac:

*runs like the clappers*

:D

I can't even get offended, i lose all ability to type or do anything close to forming a full sentence when I'm drunk :o

P.K.M. wrote: »
    There are plenty of "Couch to 5k" routines you could do. Or if you have a smartphone, install the Runkeeper app, it'd do up a training program for you. Worst case scenario, you could walk/lightly jog the Hell & Back. The main thing is you took part. Even if you're not ready for the one coming up, there's another in July you could start training for now.

Yeah its the July one that they are planning to run in.
    Basically the idea is to get 4/5 of us who are the most unfit of everyone to do this and basically take the piss out of us.

Theyre even putting on the sponsorship cards that the chances of us finishing are slim but the sponsorship money is not refundable.

Look its all for a laugh and a good cause so I might end up doing it anyway.

Yeah its the July one that they are planning to run in.
    Basically the idea is to get 4/5 of us who are the most unfit of everyone to do this and basically take the piss out of us.

Theyre even putting on the sponsorship cards that the chances of us finishing are slim but the sponsorship money is not refundable.

Look its all for a laugh and a good cause so I might end up doing it anyway.

Haha :D It's a sort of torturous Operation Transformation.... or maybe think of it like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm so very annoyed. My laptop is being cantankerous and I have no constant internet connection. So very angry!

kellief wrote: »
    I'm so very annoyed. My laptop is being cantankerous and I have no constant internet connection. So very angry!

Whats up with it?

Ive created a monster.

My DD who you`ll all remember got work experience in a tattoo shop has now just started training to be a piercer in the same shop.

Her boss has taught her how to pierce starting with various ear piercings and today shes just come home with 4 new piercings in her ear that she did today in the shop.

And to top it all off her boss has started to allow her to pierce just ears for the minute for customers and is paying her for doing them aswell.

Im chuffed for her as shes just turned into a mini me and her body mods!!!!

Ive created a monster.

My DD who you`ll all remember got work experience in a tattoo shop has now just started training to be a piercer in the same shop.

Her boss has taught her how to pierce starting with various ear piercings and today shes just come home with 4 new piercings in her ear that she did today in the shop.

And to top it all off her boss has started to allow her to pierce just ears for the minute for customers and is paying her for doing them aswell.

Im chuffed for her as shes just turned into a mini me and her body mods!!!!

Fair play to her! How old is she again?

January wrote: »
    Fair play to her! How old is she again?

Only 16.

Started out as work experience for transition year after her emailing and sending CVs to every single shop in Dublin and Kildare.

This lad gave her a day a week and started training her back in September.Shes really put everything into it and hes offered her a full tattooing apprenticeship if she does really well in her leaving cert.

Its a great incentive for her to do well in it and we`ve said she can take it on as long as she gets a great leaving cert to fall back on if it doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Whats up with it?

The internet cannot maintain a connection. It also freezes quite often and just pisses me off!

My foot is at the seriously itchy stage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement