Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Forgot to stretch before doing my second Couch to 5k run and ended up limping home. Properly pissed off with myself 'cause this is the sort of thing I swore I wouldn't do.

Still limping and if anything it's more painful. :S Starting to think I might have properly bollocksed my leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Still limping and if anything it's more painful. :S Starting to think I might have properly bollocksed my leg.

If you haven't already take a bath, I always find that helps after injuring myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I agree the leaving cert is great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Scored another try today but it's resulted with myself in hospital
    Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Green screen, just sent you a pm with a little advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Scored another try today but it's resulted with myself in hospital
    Not good

Hospital??? You ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Never drinking again. Made it home at about 5am.free bar all night, shots all night. I have the alcohol shakes. I'm in work and have already spilled a can of red bull on myself. :pac:

kellief wrote: »
    Hospital??? You ok?

Looks more serious than I thought
    I scored try in dying minute but was grounded and landed on flag pole. My eyes went blank, I started twitching hard in my neck and arms and I couldn't move for half hour. The shock from my spinal impact has resulted in my hands and fingers to swell which could be damage to my spine at neck area.
    Got xray'd and it seems to be ok but now I'm heading for an MRI scan. Never a good sign.

I scored try in dying minute but was grounded and landed on flag pole. My eyes went blank, I started twitching hard in my neck and arms and I couldn't move for half hour. The shock from my spinal impact has resulted in my hands and fingers to swell which could be damage to my spine at neck area.
    Got xray'd and it seems to be ok but now I'm heading for an MRI scan. Never a good sign.

Jesus christ, i hope it's nothing too serious. Fingers crossed for you

Feck hope you're ok man, that doesn't sound too good at all

• Advertisement

Was sent home to relax for 2 days but I've to come back in two days for my MRI scan,
    But I've keep an eye on myself.
    Have tickets to tommy tiernan tonight and gorgeous room booked.
    So jacuzzi bath for at least an hour and hopefully il be brand new

Holy god! Hopefully the fact that they sent you home is a good sign. Mind yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Jaysus, dodderangler! Hope you're alright! And people wonder why I'm a couch potato- exercise is dangerous IMO.
    Hope it's nothing serious and is easily treatable. :(
    In other news, I haz Leonidas coffee truffle sweeties and tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hope you're on the mend soon dodderangler!

Heartburn is killing me :( Seriously should own shares in Gaviscon at this stage of the game.

Chilling out watching supernatural and doing my nails. I could do with a drink but the kitchen is in the sitting room and diningroom...demolition starts in the morning...as a result, I don't know where the glasses are!

Even though it could well be up to 4 years before I'm officially approved for council housing, I honestly can't stop daydreaming about all the neat furniture and fittings I'll stuff into my place. I know I'm getting my hopes up too much but honestly, I can't wait to finally get my own place and live independent of my parents. As much as I love them, I'm at the stage where I need to get out on my own. Also, they won't give up smoking in the house despite my pleas and constant health problems so I'm better off on my own.
    I can't wait. Just think of all the ceramic skulls on the mantelpiece!

I chanced it and looked in the press where the glasses usually are, and they are still there. Nothing else is in the kitchen, but the glasses haven't moved. Why, I don't know!

McChubbin, no harm in dreaming! Doesn't cost you anything! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Jesus bud hope your alright!! sounds a nasty one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Got caught to play two matchs this weekend! :mad:
    I'm absolutely paralysed on the couch at the mo!!
    Scored my first try in yrs yesterday so it was totally worth it! :pac::pac:
    not looking forward to tomorrow though :( sore as fook :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Evenin' all. Quiet enough night last night til about 2:20am and a traveller got in and kicked off. Took three of us to get him out. He kicked up so much outside, the cops came and took him away, only for him to be back 20 minutes later. We thought it was to apologise, but he wanted to have a go at all of us. It got so bad that people couldn't even leave, so the manager called the cops again, which just made him worse.

He was threatening to come back with his "nine brothers" which we laughed at, but when it came time to go home (about 3.30am) there was cops all over the place and there were three or four Transit vans full of travellers at the top of the road, and a few vans of cops keeping them back. A few cops came down to us and walked with us to make sure we got to our cars and left safely. It was a surreal experience, that's for sure!!

On the up-side at least I got paid (and got paid for one shift extra for some reason) and I caught a couple shagging in the toilets which was quite funny. Other than that it was a quiet night. :rolleyes: :pac:

@dodderangler, sounds serious (and scary) hope you're ok mate. Speedy recovery.

• Advertisement

Sounds eventful PKM. I'd be a bit nervy about that chap over the next few weeks mind, here's hoping that he doesn't decide to hold a grudge

I don't know how you do it, I'd be terrified!

Oh, I might be in Mullingar during the week. Binxeo told me to tell you both when I'm back there :pac:

First hangover in years today, so work was hell. Smashed targets though, so I'll be getting a nice bit of commission. That'll pay for a hotel I'm booking as a surprise for himself next week :)

I've also completely lost my voice, i can only whisper. It'll be awkward in work if it doesn't come back tomorrow :o

Jaysus, PKM! That sounds like a helluva night! D: you're a braver soul than meself.
    Been chatting to my penpal about the outside chance I'd be lucky enough to get a place with a relaxed policy regarding pets. I'd love a cat or two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

McChubbin wrote: »
    Jaysus, PKM! That sounds like a helluva night! D: you're a braver soul than meself.
    Been chatting to my penpal about the outside chance I'd be lucky enough to get a place with a relaxed policy regarding pets. I'd love a cat or two...

Local Authority housing usually just has a no exotic/dangerous dog breed pets rule... Cats, dogs, rabbits etc are usually fine.

January wrote: »
    Local Authority housing usually just has a no exotic/dangerous dog breed pets rule... Cats, dogs, rabbits etc are usually fine.
    Fantasic! I can thus fufill my dream of becoming a crazy Pug lady! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

P_1 wrote: »
    Sounds eventful PKM. I'd be a bit nervy about that chap over the next few weeks mind, here's hoping that he doesn't decide to hold a grudge

Aye, I'll be watching for him. Has distinctive tattoos on his neck and "that accent", I'll be keeping an eye.
    I don't know how you do it, I'd be terrified!

Oh, I might be in Mullingar during the week. Binxeo told me to tell you both when I'm back there :pac:

Has to be done. Gotta earn money somehow! Yeah, let me/us know and we'll bounce in and say hi. :)
    I've also completely lost my voice, i can only whisper. It'll be awkward in work if it doesn't come back tomorrow :o

Oh no...you can't talk!!?? That must be killing you! hahahaha :p

Cheers. It's ok most nights, but as said, I have to earn money somehow and this is the only way for the minute. :o

Fcuk off!!

It's worse today. Work will be very interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

In other news, I was trying to find the Jervis Street branch of Wildcat Ink but got lost and found the Leprechaun Museum! :D

No more Waterstone's Bookshop! D: Used to love that place- great for audiobooks and such.

Leprechaun Museum is a great laugh.

No Waterstone's anywhere any more. And no Borders out in Blanch either. This makes me sad.
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    Evenin' all. Quiet enough night last night til about 2:20am and a traveller got in and kicked off. Took three of us to get him out. He kicked up so much outside, the cops came and took him away, only for him to be back 20 minutes later. We thought it was to apologise, but he wanted to have a go at all of us. It got so bad that people couldn't even leave, so the manager called the cops again, which just made him worse.

He was threatening to come back with his "nine brothers" which we laughed at, but when it came time to go home (about 3.30am) there was cops all over the place and there were three or four Transit vans full of travellers at the top of the road, and a few vans of cops keeping them back. A few cops came down to us and walked with us to make sure we got to our cars and left safely. It was a surreal experience, that's for sure!!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

Green you would love my job today so! Sitting in a room for two and a half hours just reading while supervising an exam! No voice required!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

fewtins wrote: »
    Has anybody been tattooed in Dublin Ink recently? They have a couple of cool traditional artists there tomorrow and sunday and I'm gonna drop by and maybe get something to fill a gap or two. Always been put off by the €110 per hour tag that used to float around here on some threads and have never actually gone in!

I know the place has upped itself since getting new management or whatever but I guess temple bar rent is expensive.

I have been :) I wasn't in the place before Norbi took over though, so I can't compare. I think the list of guests that I want work by is ever-growing though. Mike Stockings is the latest one: http://instagram.com/mikestockings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement